1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to be listed on dmoz.org for site www.blf-tools.com?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by sun rui, Aug 4, 2012.

I have applied many time.but it always failed, please let me know how to be listed on dmoz.org for site www.blf-tools.com?

tks

sun rui, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  2. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    There is no precipice for that, all the site are manually reviewed.

So keep trying, one in a while and do not go and buy a service to do that. All of them are scam.. The idea is that they charge you $$ or $$$ and apply for a listed and if your site is good it will be list and they take the money, if not that is the application form take a few minutes to be completed so no waste

ija61, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  4. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Repeat listing suggestions are forbidden by our T&C which I'm sure you read carefully each time. They also require that a website be suggested to just one best category. You've run the risk of being marked as a spammer - and we treat spammers the same way that you treat spammers.

jimnoble, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They list them in their directory... of course ;)

Qryztufre, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, according to Matt Cutts, Google looks to see if a directory is accepting just high quality sites or also low quality/spammy ones too. If it seems to be accepting everything, it considers there is no real editorial oversight and is unlikely to trust the vote (the video he made went something like). So with sites like that in there (and surely can't be the only one if that's the standards to meet)...

ryan_uk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  7. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    When I say to try again I do not mean in the next few minutes but after a few month. And I do not consider this spam since in 6-7 month can change a lot and get the necessary value to be listed.

ija61, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  8. Cool Blogger

Cool Blogger Member

Best Answers:
    I'm getting desperate to make my site becomes Dmoz listed :(

Cool Blogger, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    In the eyes of the ODP keeping a site updated is strictly taboo... so they consider it spam. they live by submit once! (though if it's a site they own there is no problems with listing tens of thousands of times even if each and every one of those times breaks multiple guidelines).

No one uses DMOZ anymore save editors, a handful of mislead webmasters, and google (for site descriptions only)... so if you properly use your meta tags and have a good site (SEOed) you have really no need for the ODP at all.

Promote your site by other methods... submit to the ODP ONLY if you are submiting to free directories....as in the end that is all it is. With duplicate content filters the DMOZ clones no longer really bring many perks (if any at all).

Qryztufre, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  10. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Why? I think you should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCY5pbAuYpk

And then move on, forget Dmoz, find better ways to earn links.

ryan_uk, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  11. Pepdeal

Pepdeal Peon

Best Answers:
    you may take a help from a freelancer to add it.

Pepdeal, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  12. ija61

ija61 Member

Best Answers:
    As I said before this is a big mistake... there is no special technique or unknown procedure... Is only about completing the submitting form so stop paying money to others so they will complete in your place.

ija61, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  13. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few $pecial technique$

joeventura, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  14. oldben

oldben Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that there is no special technique but I'm waiting one year for my site to be submitted. I'm not a spammer and I'm sure that I've got a good website with unique content. But still nothing.

oldben, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  15. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read the Stickey ! It could be YEARS, no sense fussing about it, now you have suggested the site just forget about it and move on. Anything you do can only be detrimental so do nothing.....just move on and see what happens.

snooks, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  16. mangobuddy

mangobuddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your site is good, It will get listed.

mangobuddy, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  17. joeventura

joeventura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No you are confused.

If you apply with a junky site today, and you don't get approved, and you work on the site for a year, and its the best site on the planet, it's too late you don't get a second chance because you already applied once.

That's what makes DMOZ great they have these rules that:
    1. Have no basis in reality
    2. Are there for you to follow and them to ignore
    3. The meaning of any of the words in the rules can change to suit there needs.

So keep sending in the same site over and over again, they love it when you do that.

Oh and why do you want to be in DMOZ have you read:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2330022

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2548737

joeventura, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  18. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Don't cry and move on. Directories have been irrelevant for at least six years. Stop by SEOmoz and learn some content marketing instead, which will much more value.

ryan_uk, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  19. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    NAMECALLING EDITED
    Attack the post, not the poster. Otherwise you are being even less helpful.

Though, I must ask, what is wrong with his post here:
    The rules clearly state SUBMIT ONCE, after that you run the risk of being a spammer. You have said it yourself more then once... is there something now wrong with that?

The rules have no basis in reality... case in point, he add page clearly says to submit to the single best category or your site will be rejected or removed yet editors say that they will simply move a misplaced submission. The rules clearly do not reflect reality.

The rules of the ODP as well as editors say that duplicate content will get a site removed... yet look at Topix with tens of thousands of deeplinks all with nothing but syndicated content. Topix is an editor owned site, which clearly shows that the submitter has stiffer rules than that of editors.

Look at the number of places in the ODP that calls the SUGGESTION POOL a QUEUE, and now look around digital point for all the times editors claim it is in fact not a queue and should not be called one.

That last point is a bit off... but honestly, what other misinformation has he given? Now, that he is being so helpful, what have you done? Broken the rules of Digital Point (which clearly shows again the Editors of the ODP care little if anything for the rules).

So yeah, name calling! Top Notch posting there snooks! Kudos to you for proving your point...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
    Qryztufre, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  20. clarie.texas

clarie.texas Peon

Best Answers:
    keep trying and keep trying.... do not use CTA (call to action words) in your description or title when submitting your site in Dmoz...... remember this is the principal of marketing. Don't sell Just Tell..... so please don't try to sell your things just try to tell users about your products.... this is the best marketing......

clarie.texas, Sep 2, 2012 IP