1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory script?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ForumKorner, Feb 16, 2012.

I am wondering what the best directory script is to use. I want one that allows people to pay to have a premium listing, and also full admin control panel, along with a nice look, and possibly even different themes or easy to make themes. I bought the domain ​forumsdirectory.net[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]and wouldn't mind getting it started soon.

ForumKorner, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  3. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    That isn't what I want though. I am asking the community, and webmasters what they think is the best ones. Not which one is ranked high on Google.

ForumKorner, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that but they all allow what you're looking for, you're not asking for anything out of the ordinary so any will do, the script wont make your directory, its the time put into it that makes a difference.

Im guessing it will be a niche directory for forums, i hope that you dont hope to make money from paid submissions for it because forums dont generally submit and pay to be listed in directories.

pipes, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  5. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    If I work hard, and get to number one on Google, and offer premium listings for cheap I guarantee people will submit their forums. I however could be wrong, but I will give it a shot, and I will do it no matter what. I have the entire thing planned out from top to bottom, and have been thinking this all up for months. I basically just want this community's opinion on what they think is the best from their experience. Anyone can have stuff on Google not everyone can make a reply right here with a real answer. You get what I am saying?

6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Get to number one for what though? I can get to number one for allsorts of keywords but does the keyword bring traffic. People probably wont submit their forums even if only $1 per listing, permanent listing too, you would be suprised by how even a penny can be a barrier for a huge amount of people, its not that they cant pay its that they wont pay, people are so used to getting things for free now.

It shouldn't take you months to plan a directory, ready made script, hosting, choosing a domain, you can literally do all that in a day, including installation.

The script owners come here, ask their opinion, lol, they will recommend their own script unless you need something custom built :)

I repeat, the script is not what matters, its the time invested into running the directory.

Seen as you are so sure of your intentions, announce your directory once its up, and if its still around 6 months from now and still owned by you i will give you 10 featured listings with extras in my established 5 year old directory.

pipes, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  7. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    I can 100% guarantee it will be up . I don't just shut down my sites. Every site I have owned I have not gave up on. I also would get it to number one for the keywords I have researched for the previous months planning all of what I did. I do quality stuff, and it wouldn't take me a day to set it up. It would take a few days because I would take the time to do a quality job. Also don't let me post count fool you. I own quite a few successful websites, and know my way around the block. I am just new to this particular website. I enjoy reading your reply's. :)

8. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Did you see the sticky thread for this forum? There is a lot of info there already about directory scripts.

dvduval, Feb 17, 2012 IP
    silencer likes this.
  9. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    No actually I didn't even look. I probably should have, and should have known better however I didn't. I will do it when I wake up though because I am tired its 8 am lmao.

10. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with all directory scripts is spam protection. The lack of spam protection means that directory owners have to put in excessive and exhausting time in weeding out spam submissions. One possibility is to build a directory around WordPress which does have excellent spam protection plugins.

richrf, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I never judge post count, i was a victim of that days ago on a site i asked a first question on (Q&A site) was exceedingly polite but the response was quite off putting, i decided to never post there again.

I hope that you do do what you have planned and i promise to give those 10 featured listings too :)

pipes, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  12. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah I witness it all the time myself, and its a shame that people judge other people but that is just the way the cookie crumbles. I will do as I say I promise that.

13. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First gather exactly what your requirements are.

Knowing exactly what you want to get out of the script at bare minimum will allow you to see what add-ons you can add, as well as their costs.
    You should then make your decision based on that.

Also, with regards to one of the scripts, be careful because that owner pays people as well as begs them to post 'good things' about it.

an0n, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  14. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright, thank you for the tips, and heads up!

15. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You really should read sticky threads, they sit at the top of the forum, before posting.

You should also search before posting.

Creating threads, that have been creating literally 100s of times before, is poor forum etiquette, and it annoys the hell out of people that are here all the time and have to wade through it all.

Here's a couple of threads (taken from the sticky) that you should have read before starting your own. Heck it took me 13 seconds to find them.

Which is the best directory script -
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=106558
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=130103

silencer, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  16. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    It is people like you that I hate signing up to other forums other than my own because of. Maybe I should have went to another webmaster forum.

17. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Some charge extra fee after 6 months
    Every six months you need to pay $20.00 in some cases that would cost you more than what you anticipate.

stock_post, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  18. ForumKorner

ForumKorner Peon

Best Answers:
    20 dollars every 6 months is more than reasonable, and I am willing to pay that without a problem. :)

19. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    let me tell you that ignorant posters like you are the reason the best posters on this forum left eons ago.

I only ever check in here periodically. Idiotic threads like this one should get the thread starters banned. There's now 3 of this same thread on this one page of the forum. Stupid!

silencer, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  20. Grand webmaster

Grand webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Php weby is another directory script which you gonna receive for free. You can make a fully customized directory with this script.

Grand webmaster, Feb 25, 2012 IP