1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This is a message to all of the writers on this forum

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Apr 22, 2011.

1. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Agreed I thing I will list some of my favourties jsut too add to the merriment - aceofspades (with lots of 3's in there) who gave me the most fun writing assignmet i've ever had, SEO UK - goodprompt payments and Tina Golden another great DPer.
    Ad my respects to all you great DPers engaged in this thread.
    And most of all LMAO to crimebuster for that joke about chad - in the words of a chavy englishman - innit bruv

MagicMonkey, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  2. faithchad

faithchad Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes I love the joke too - I am sure Charlie Harper knows more Americano than me - do I get the Prison Break DVD's for admitting this? Harper should buy me coffee if he can afford an air ticket to meet me in Miami, I'll fly back for him :)

faithchad, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  3. Orbital

Orbital Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That so needed to be said. Well done op!

Orbital, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  4. MagicMonkey

MagicMonkey Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Well chad you know how the old saying goes -you say airplane I say aeroplane, you say aluminum I say aluminium, you say color I say colour you say tomato I say................

MagicMonkey, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  5. adarshnet

adarshnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great Thread!!

adarshnet, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  6. whitetitan

whitetitan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sad to see a thread that talks about the worst things happening here & the fulcrum of the issue is an Indian. I really get hurt when i see in bold letters "Indians do not apply", Unfortunately DP has attracted people who really don't enjoy writing but they are here just to make money. The talented/aspiring writers get affected because they are a minority.

We are ready to learn but there are not many places ( see my post over here. I responded even without asking the pay related details, just because the writer promised to teach.)

It will be good if experienced/talented people like you can consider this win-win situation.

1.Get a task from an employer
    2.Get it done by us
    3.make the changes (pay us what our writing is really worth )
    4.You can pass it back to the employers.

The employers can be made aware of the process.This can be experimented not with absolute beginners but with people who really need it. This will not just help aspiring writers but will help you in doing some justice to your community by cleaning it up.

Making a sticky post with a list of defaulters (along with the Source URl's) can also help the D.P members. I am happy that you did not forgot to talk about an increased number of employers who need just "Contents".Letting the market forces to fix the price is a good practice and that is exactly happening here in DP but it can be moderated to an extent only by an completely unbiased unit.

The word "Sir" is a gift of the Commonwealth Empire which took away valuables leaving behind such gifts.

whitetitan, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  7. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So far, i haven't noticed anybody selling iTrader on fiverr. i believe the same will be true for "English tests"

SSC, Apr 22, 2011 IP
  8. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    My post was not aimed at Indians - it was aimed at any writer who "cannot" write yet either spams every thread, does not read the job posting and applies anyway, and people who bring the rates down for the rest of us (well only with poor employers - there are still some great ones on here). Shivam was mentioned as he works as a "middle man" and can hardly string a sentence together. He has used numerous articles written by people on here (whilst claiming to his employers that he is from the US and writing himself) and then not sent them a penny - and we all agree he is one of the worse DP'ers on here - not because he is Indian but because he is a complete scammer.

Anyway back to the issue. It is not all non- natives who are poor writers, and everyone here knows that. There are some fantastic DP members on here who have taken the time to learn the language and put it to good use - this is the best way to become a writer and the payments will go side by side with your level of English. What I was trying to point out was that instead of spamming posts with crap, maybe these writers could take the time to improve their English. The time it takes to post rubbish on here and apply for jobs that are not applicable to them could be spent much more wisely.

If you are from India Whitetitan - I would never know. Your post is full of good points and a good level of English which would shame many UK and US writers. Yes - just because the majority of us on here can write, you want to see the others that we grew up with :D ! The difference is I guess that for people in western countries that can't write - they don't attempt to. They find other ways to make their money. Whilst I can see why os many people are angered by Indians on these forums it is not for racist reasons. All I am asking is for those people who want to write from countries such as yours (and natives that cannot write very well) is that they take a step back and learn to write properly first to at least an understandable level.. and that they stop spamming - it really is frustrating.

I wouldn't be against teaching someone but it would be one-on-one as I don't think teaching a group of people would be ideal or help anyone with anything. The word "sir" should not be used when applying for a job with a possible female employer could be the first tip - it can greatly annoy them. I hope this post comes across the way that it's meant to.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  9. bloggerkaye

bloggerkaye Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I got a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate and an ACES local certificate for Oral/Written English Improvement. Aside from that, I'm a full-time professional writer with 5+ years experience in this industry. Don't you think I'm the perfect person for this teaching job? LOL.

Don't forget to notify me if you really want to go into this type of business. I might be of great help to you. :)

@Crimebuster_of_the_Sea- Excellent points! Gimme a few hours and I will post something that is very much related to your insights. I know many people would like to read that as well. It's so irritating when we waste time on writers who claim to be good when they couldn't even spell "irritating", correctly. Haha. I would like to share a few guidelines to our fellows in this industry so they could avoid such mishaps that can endanger their reputation and business.

bloggerkaye, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  10. bkkman

bkkman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Would just like to add my bit,

I agree with what is said on here, I run a small IM company and article writing is part of what we do and we use it to get clients to offer more services.

The fact that these NON-Natives are charging crazy prices does lower the overall standard of the industry. It of course makes people think that paying $1 for 500 words is the norm.

What they do not realise is that if you really want to make affiliate sales from articles they need to be extremely well written. That is probably why so many part time internet marketers give up as they cannot be bothered to write and only outsource using the cheapest writers.

A really good 500 word article should be $15.00 at least, this will include well researched material and will result in sales or income 100%

As for the scammers I tend to put out a blog that looks better than theirs with all the articles on it and sell it or I just spin the hell out of the articles and use my article submission software and memberships and submit them to 000s of sites. This means that the rankings they get will be deaply affected and it will look like they just copied.

Also I'm trying out something with copy scape, by submitting the articles on my blog and claiming owernship, this means the other person must remove the content, I will let you know how it goes.

bkkman, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  11. northernweb

northernweb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    to the OP - you are incredibly noble but your words will fall on def, nay, moronic ears.

what you describe is an idealistic world and unfortunately it just won't happen. each time I dare to post jobs on here, regardless of what it is I want, I get inundated with spam.

honestly, i sometimes think i could post "[WTB] native French writer with one arm and three legs who currently resides in Portugal. Must have a passion for bricks." and still have 100 applications in 24 hours.

northernweb, May 3, 2011 IP
  12. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Lol, I know and I bet most of the applications start 'Dear Sir' and then tell you they have sent a PM in the initial thread. I have posted [WTB] threads on forums in the past, and some people actually even apply for jobs using text speak.. "Hi i want job with u i start today u must pay upfront". I mean are these people nuts and do they really think they are going to get any writing jobs by talking like that? Yup falling on deaf ears... ten people get banned and another ten take their place. If it starts getting really bad on here again I might bump this thread, but without the [WTB] tag at the beginning of the threads title, the people who this thread is aimed at won't bother reading anyway.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, May 3, 2011 IP