1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Science Fails to Explain God

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wptheme, Dec 10, 2010.

Hi everyone, haven't posted in this forum for somewhile, had lots of things to be done.

This is a nice story which discusses Atheism and Islam.

At an educational institution: Professing to be wise, they became fools ....

"LET ME EXPLAIN THE problem science has with God."

The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

"You're a Muslim, aren't you, son?"
    "Yes, sir."
    "So you believe in God?"
    "Absolutely."
    "Is God good?"
    "Sure! God's good."
    "Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"
    "Yes."

The professor grins knowingly and considers for a moment.

"Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help them? Would you try?"
    "Yes sir, I would."
    "So you're good...!"
    "I wouldn't say that."
    "Why not say that? You would help a sick and maimed person if you could in fact most of us would if we could... God doesn't."

[No answer]

"He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Muslim who died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. How is this God good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

[No answer]

The elderly man is sympathetic.
    "No, you can't, can you?" He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax. In philosophy, you have to go easy with the new ones. Let's start again, young fella."
    "Is God good?"
    "Er... Yes."
    "Is Satan good?"
    "No."
    "Where does Satan come from?" The student falters.
    "From... God..."
    "That's right. God made Satan, didn't he?"

The elderly man runs his bony fingers through his thinning hair and turns to the smirking, student audience.

"I think we're going to have a lot of fun this semester, ladies and gentlemen."

He turns back to the Muslim.

"Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?"
    "Yes, sir."
    "Evil's everywhere, isn't it? Did God make everything?"
    "Yes."
    "Who created evil?"
    [No answer]
    "Is there sickness in this world? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All the terrible things - do they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet.

"Yes."
    "Who created them? "
    [No answer]

The professor suddenly shouts at his student.

"WHO CREATED THEM? TELL ME, PLEASE!"

The professor closes in for the kill and climbs into the Muslim's face. In a still small voice:
    "God created all evil, didn't He, son?"
    [No answer]

The student tries to hold the steady, experienced gaze and fails.Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace the front of the classroom like an aging panther.The class is mesmerised.

"Tell me," he continues,"How is it that this God is good if He created all evil throughout all time?"

The professor swishes his arms around to encompass the wickedness of the world.

"All the hatred, the brutality, all the pain, all the torture,all the death and ugliness and all the suffering created by this good God is all over the world, isn't it, young man?"
    [No answer]
    "Don't you see it all over the place? Huh?"

Pause.

"Don't you?"
    The professor leans into the student's face again and whispers, Is God good?"
    [No answer]
    "Do you believe in God, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and cracks.

"Yes, professor. I do."

The old man shakes his head sadly.

"Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. You have never seen God, Have you?"
    "No, sir. I've never seen Him."
    "Then tell us if you've ever heard your God?"
    "No, sir. I have not."
    "Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God or smelt your God...in fact,do you have any sensory perception of your God whatsoever?"
    [No answer]
    "Answer me, please."
    "No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."
    "You're AFRAID... you haven't?"
    "No, sir."
    "Yet you still believe in him?"
    "...yes..."
    "That takes FAITH!" The professor smiles sagely at the underling.According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol,science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son? Where is your God now?"
    [The student doesn't answer]
    "Sit down, please."

The Muslim sits...Defeated. Another Muslim raises his hand.

"Professor, may I address the class?"

The professor turns and smiles.
    "Ah, another Muslim in the vanguard!Come,come, young man. Speak some proper wisdom to the gathering."

The Muslim looks around the room.

"Some interesting points you are making, sir. Now I've got a question for you."
    "Is there such thing as heat?"
    "Yes," the professor replies."
    "There's heat."
    "Is there such a thing as cold?"
    "Yes, son, there's cold too."
    "No, sir, there isn't."

The professor's grin freezes. The room suddenly goes very cold. The second Muslim continues.

"You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat,white heat, a little heat or no heat but we don't have anything called 'cold'.We can hit 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold,otherwise we would be able to go colder than 458 - - You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold."
    "Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy.Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

Silence. A pin drops somewhere in the classroom.

"Is there such a thing as darkness, professor?"
    "That's a dumb question, son. What is night if it isn't darkness?What are you getting at...?"
    "So you say there is such a thing as darkness?"
    "Yes..."
    "You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something, it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, Darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker and give me a jar of it. Can you...give me a jar of darker darkness,professor?"

Despite himself, the professor smiles at the young effrontery before him.This will indeed be a good semester.

"Would you mind telling us what your point is, young man?"
    "Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with and so your conclusion must be in error...."
    "The professor goes toxic. "Flawed...? How dare you...!"
    "Sir, may I explain what I mean?"

The class is all ears.

"Explain... oh, explain..."

The professor makes an admirable effort to regain control. Suddenly he is affability itself.He waves his hand to silence the class, for the student to continue.

"You are working on the premise of duality," the Muslim explains."That for example there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science cannot even explain a thought.It uses electricity and magnetism but has never seen, much less fullyunderstood them. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, merely the absence of it."

The young man holds up a newspaper he takes from the desk of a neighbour who has been reading it.

"Here is one of the most disgusting tabloids this country hosts,professor. Is there such a thing as immorality?"
    "Of course there is, now look..."
    "Wrong again, sir. You see, immorality is merely the absence of morality. Is there such thing as injustice? No. Injustice is the absence of justice. Is there such a thing as evil?"

The Muslim pauses.

"Isn't evil the absence of good?"

The professor's face has turned an alarming colour. He is so angry he is temporarily speechless.

The Muslim continues.

"If there is evil in the world, professor, and we all agree there is, then God, if he exists, must be accomplishing a work through the agency of evil. What is that work, God is accomplishing? Islam tells us it is to see if each one of us will,choose good over evil."

The professor bridles.

"As a philosophical scientist, I don't view this matter as having anything to do with any choice; as a realist, I absolutely do not recognize the concept of God or any other theological factor as being part of the world equation because God is not observable."
    "I would have thought that the absence of God's moral code in this world is probably one of the most observable phenomena going," the Muslim replies.
    "Newspapers make billions of dollars reporting it every week! Tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolvedfrom a monkey?"
    "If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process,youngman, yes,of course I do."
    "Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?"

The professor makes a sucking sound with his teeth and gives his student a silent, stony stare.

"Professor. Since no-one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavour,are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist,but a priest?"
    "I will overlook your impudence in the light of our philosophical discussion. Now, have you quite finished?" the professor hisses.
    "So you don't accept God's moral code to do what is righteous?"
    "I believe in what is - that's science!"
    "Ahh! SCIENCE!" the student's face splits into a grin.
    "Sir, you rightly state that science is the study of observed phenomena. Science too is a premise which is flawed..."
    "SCIENCE IS FLAWED..?" the professor splutters.

The class is in uproar.The Muslim remains standing until the commotion has subsided.

"To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, may I give you an example of what I mean?"

The professor wisely keeps silent. The Muslim looks around the room.

"Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen air, Oxygen,molecules, atoms, the professor's brain?"

The class breaks out in laughter. The Muslim points towards his elderly, crumbling tutor.

"Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain...felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain?"

No one appears to have done so. The Muslim shakes his head sadly.

"It appears no-one here has had any sensory perception of the professor's brain whatsoever. Well, according to the rules of empirical, stable,demonstrable protocol, science, I DECLARE that the professor has no brain! As we can't feel it, we can't touch it, we can't ever smell it using our sense. "

NOW IT IS EVERYONE'S CHANCE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ISLAM, ABOUT GOD, ABOUT THE PURPOSE OF EXISTENCE OF CREATION AND LIFE, ABOUT THE MESSENGERS OF GOD, & ABOUT HIS HOLY BOOKS, ESPECIALLY THE HOLY QUR'AAN. THEN IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO BECOME A MUSLIM, OR NOT.

Allah says in the His Holy Book:
    There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; And he who rejects false deities and believes in Allaah(The God) has grasped a firm handhold which will never break. and Allaah is ALL-Hearing, All-Knowing (2:256)

Allah is the Protecting Guardian of those who believe. He brings them out of the darkness into the light; As for those who disbelieve,their guardians are false deities. They bring them out of light into darkness...(257)"

The Muslim sits... Because that is what a chair is for!!!

Source:Science Fails to Explain God
    www.iLuvislam.com

Some of my other posts:

Please refer to

Why only Nuns wear hijab?
    Proof that no atheist can answer in the Quran

I am not here to make anyone angry, I just would like to show you how Islam truely is.
    For once, please don't close your eyes and ears as you may find something important.
    Add me on YM if your a Christian and would love to know Islam more at YM . No need for heat discussion, just a casual talk on how how faiths are connected. Islam and Christians :)

Here is an interesting connection between the prophets that I found on the net.

[​IMG]

wptheme, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  2. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if people like you used their time in something productive the world would be a better place

cientificoloco, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  3. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    You are abandoned and cast hear to do that yourself, without choice and then for everyone....or all will perish together.

Breeze Wood, Dec 10, 2010 IP
  4. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    The atheist says: "God does not exist", but never actually shows any evidence for this statement, and indeed there is no "belief" without evidence, so Dawkins should have written about the "the atheist delusion" instead of something he has no knowledge of.

But this is what arrogance, jealousy, hatred and bigotry does to people, I mean at least be humble and have the courage to say: "I don't know", and examine the Quran. You cannot go to a propaganda site, and arrive at a conclusion based on what you have read there, for they lie and twist, the sincere open minded person learns from those who know the Quran best.

One of the most dumbest argumentation's of all time's is that the Muhammed wrote the Quran, how is that? when Allaah says: "Or do they say: "He (Muhammad) has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a Sûrah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can, besides Allâh, if you are truthful!" (Yunus 10:38)"

Allaah in this verse challenges mankind to bring just 1 chapter like the Quran, so any "intelligent" atheist out there should be able to take this challenge, since you live in the 21st century, having Microsoft word with spelling checker, go ahead and take this challenge, otherwise be humble and say " I don't know" and start your journey to learn the real Islaam.

God has since day 1 sent us revelations, but you have chosen to ignore it, to disbelief and live whatever kind of life you want, this my friend will not have a happy ending, for life is short, and when you die and God questions you about your disbelief on earth, there is not 1 single way that you can argue your disbelief, you have no reason to disbelief, zero, therefore you will be guilty and punishment is due, for you have been warned but in pride an arrogance rejected the messages.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
    IsraeI, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  5. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    The atinman says:"The tinman does not exist", but never actually shows any evidence for this statemet, for indeed there is no "belief" without evidence.
    But this is what arrogance, jealousy, hatred and bigotry does to people, I mean at least be humble and have the courage to say: "I don't know", and examine the book "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz".
    You cannot go to a propaganda site, and arrive at a conclusion based on what you have read there, for they lie and twist, the sincere open minded person learns from those who know the wizard of Oz best.

Bless you tinman. Please Save my soul!
    [​IMG]

ChaosTrivia, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  6. jayrudalf

jayrudalf Peon

Best Answers:
    No body can explain God only person who worship God can explain the God.

jayrudalf, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  7. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    I rofl'd.

There is such a thing as cold. Cold is in the dictionary. Cold is a word we use to describe a lack of heat; it does exist - you can feel it, touch it and depending on where you live you can see it.

No one has ever claimed that cold is anything other than what it is; a lack of heat.

Cold can appear naturally and it can be reproduced, as is the case in fridges, freezers, ice makers, etc.

"No such thing as cold" just shows the students in your story were retarded. Sorry :)

alexispetrov, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  8. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Typical atheist arrogance.

Did the tinman claim to be God? if the answer is no, then I'm not interested in the tin man. But, yes there is a possibilty that the tinman exists, why not? either way i'm not interested.

:)

PS: if you have a copy of the wonderful world of the wizard of oz, send me one so we can falsify that it's not from God.

IsraeI, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  9. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm to bored to answer this monument if stupidity . Can someone let stOx out of his dungeon ?

ApocalypseXL, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Tinman wants you to worship only Him. If not, you will be guilty and punishment is due, for you have been warned but in pride an arrogance rejected the messages. One of the most dumbest argumentation's of all time's is that the Tinman wrote the Book of Tinman, how is that? This is obviously a falsification, as the Book of Tinman says so.

A message from our supreme diety:

[video=youtube;8oq15Zy7sB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oq15Zy7sB4[/video]

Rebecca, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  11. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not arrogance, but rather a demonstration of the deficiency in your ability to think.

Your god did not claim to be god as well. Or did he reveal himself and speak with you?
    If the answer is no, then your only proof of god is the quran. Other people claimed that he is god, not he himself. Same holds for all-mighty tinman (PBUH).
    And that was my point: the quran prooves the existence of god just like the wizard of Oz proves the existence of Tinman.
    Muslim logic: "God exists because it is written in the quran which is a book that god wrote about himself" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning ;)

And that was my second point: everything can exist. The burdain of proof is not on the deniers, but on the ones who make the claims. A proof which you have not yet delivered. Again, the Quran, is not proof.

Never in your life! You will never understand the depth and beauty of the book! You should read it in Arabic!
    Be open-minded! not arrogant, jealous, and come to a Wizard-of-Oz-expert like myself (one of those who really know the Wizard of Oz) and if you are a decent person you will understand that the Tinman exists! and if not, u'll burn in hell and he will not save your soul! You can't understand it alone, u're not an expert, go to an expert. God's words are understood only by experts. But you know that already.

ChaosTrivia, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  12. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    We can't see God because there is a barrier between God and us, also God does not intermingle with creation, he is separate from his creation. We don't have to see something in order to believe in it.

The Quran (the Recital) is the speech of God, and in the Quran he has claimed to be God, if you think other than God wrote it, you should take up the challenge, and produce the like thereof.

You are surely a better writer than Muhammed since you have dictionary, thesaurus and spelling checker, and do make sure there are no contradictions, inconsistencies and discrepancies, then get 1.5 billion people to follow you, if you can't do that then there is no reason for you to disbelief.

Intelligent design and revelation from God himself are excellent proofs.

All the fake God's have been disproven over and over again.

Mr tinman could exist on a planet 1 million miles from here, but I don't care, I'm not interested, if he claimed to be God however, show me where he did and I will examine it.

The wizard of oz was written by man, because man claimed to be the author.

And the Quran is the speech of God because he claimed that it is his words, and if you think that its not so, then God has challenged you to produce like the Quran. If you cannot do it, it means it's from God.

You are incorrect, God did not "write" the Quran, it's his speech, which the angel Gabriel has heard and conveyed to the prophet, then his companions wrote it on paper etc.

The "deniers" have no reason to deny!!!!, they should say "I don't know", but they won't do that because they are too arrogant!

Then take the challenge if you think it was produced by man.

"Or they say, He (Prophet Muhammad) forged it (the Quraan). Say: Bring you then ten forged Soorah (chapters) like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allaah (to your help), if you speak the truth! " Quran

This might help you: http://www.theinimitablequran.com/

If you can't take this challenge, then there is no reason for you to disbelief in the Quran.

IsraeI, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  13. cientificoloco

Best Answers:
    It's difficult not to sound arrogant when you are confronted with such a mountain of stupidity over and over

cientificoloco, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  14. betaturn

betaturn Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is no creator then who created the Universe, who made the matter, who caused the Big Bang, Who made intense energy out of nothing. We don't see anything like that any more. And if you believe in science then you should be aware of the law of conservation of mass and energy. Energy and matter can not be created out of nothing.
    Why am I born in this age, why not a few thousands years ago, why not in the coming age?

How can atheist answer these questions?

Some things can not be explained on the basis of observation and experience. Existence of God (Allah) is one of them.
    Mixing science with religion itself is contradictory. Science can only explain the process of creation, but the religion explains the purpose of creation.

betaturn, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Really ? The purpose of creation ? Would you be so kind to post the purpose of creation and how your religion explains that ?

Oh and try not to post another self-smart quote for an answer .

16. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am fascinated! It just occurred to me as I study this lineage, that all mankind is the product of inbreeding. I'm not talking about a little inbreeding either. For instance, from this chart, take Sheth son of Adam. Since Adam and Eve were the first and only people on the planet, and they produced Sheth as their offspring, who did Sheth mate with to produce Anwas? The only possible answers are: A) Eve, B) One of his Sisters, or C) one of his Sister's offspring. What this leaves us with is a large family that was f*cking their direct brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers for several generations until they were able to put some genealogical space between them(first and second cousins hooking it up).

Forgive me WPTheme, as I am a bit new to Islam, but when I used to be a Christian, they didn't really have an explanation for this. Are we really all the offspring of mother and sister f*ckers?

Obamanation, Dec 11, 2010 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  17. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Allah is crap, if there was a creator then it was the Hindu exotic dancer god. We must all worship his penis. I challenge you to prove he is not the creator.

ROFL LMAO!!!

Helvetii, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Montherfucker - it's not a insult , it's a reality :p (something that Sigmund Freud thought)

sarahk likes this.
  19. cientificoloco

Best Answers:
    Not really, they must have reproduced clonally like sponges. I don't see any woman in the diagram.

cientificoloco, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  20. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    Adam and eve would have twins every time they gave birth, every time it was a boy and a girl.

Twins would not marry, but the male of one of the twins would marry the female of the other twins, if that makes sense.

“To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way.”al-Maidah

Prophets would have different laws that they came with, and in those times this was permissible, of course they have been abrogated now.

IsraeI, Dec 11, 2010 IP