1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you receive cash from freelancer.com after finishing a project?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by kevoh99, Jul 1, 2010.

How do you receive cash from freelancer.com after finishing a project you were working on as a freelancer?

kevoh99, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. Hampers

Hampers Peon

Best Answers:
    Interested to follow up on this one.
    Have seen and been involved in the thread re: slavery on article writing.
    Am taking a keen interest in this.

Hampers, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    you get paid by the buyer the money shows up in your account which you can then transfer weekly (latest by every Sunday), payments are processed on each Monday.

you can do freelancer.com to moneybooker.com> then to your bank
    you can do freelancer.com to paypal.com> then to your bank
    you can do freelancer.com to payoneer.com (debit card) use any atm to withdraw
    wire transfer to bank (most expensive)

ranjan2001, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  4. seoexpert_shilpa

seoexpert_shilpa Peon

Best Answers:
    Even i want to know this. And also want to know how to find project on freelancer.com?

seoexpert_shilpa, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  5. shreyravi

shreyravi Member

Best Answers:
    It's absolutely right. I'm working there for the last 2 and half years now. If this is your first withdrawal from your Freelancer.com account, there will be a delay of up to 15 days for security reasons. Otherwise, withdrawals are processed and sent on the Monday or Tuesday following the request. Withdrawal requests made on Monday or Tuesday will be sent the following week.

shreyravi, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  6. Scriptoman

Scriptoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancer.com offers many payment options. I prefer Paypal.

Scriptoman, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  7. shreyravi

shreyravi Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to search for projects on Freelancer.com, there are several different categories to choose from. Say, you are looking for article writing projects, then you have to first register on Freelancer.com and then tick the box for article writing. Once you are registered you'd start getting project mails on your registered email ID, provided you have enabled the option of recieving project mails at your email. This eliminates the need to frequently search the website.

Once, you click a link to your project, you'll get to see the the entire project detail. Now, if you liked the project requirments and think you can do it, you can bid for project. Bidding is nothing but showing your capabilities to the buyer (i.e. the project owner), making him look at your samples and specifying the days and total amount you want to complete the entire project.

Once the buyer llikes your bid, he'll award you the project and you'll recieve the notification about the same at your email. You'll have to accept the project to initiate it or you can also deny the project. As soon as you accept the project, you will be charged 5% or $5 (whichever is greater) of your total bid amount. After that you as well as the buyer would be sent the email ID's of each other, so both of you can communicate with each other. When the project is completed, the buyer would either transfer the money to your Freelancer.com account or to any external account, like Paypal, Moneybookers, etc. But, both of you have to decide on this before accepting the project.

But there's a catch here. Freelancer.com let buyers and providers post reviews for each other after the completion of project on two conditions. One is that the total budget of the project must be equal to or above $30 mark. Second is that the payment must be made to the provider's (that is you) freelancer.com account only. If the payment is made through any other service, Freelancer.com account would not let either of you post reviews for each other.

shreyravi, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  8. enormous

enormous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you hire scriptoman you are going to be in a situation like me and donkon are in check this out: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1865505

scriptoman also has a good habit of taking your money and not doing the work, check out his feedback.

And he is all full of excuses too! Other threads of people he scammed:

User: bizhobby http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1900596

User: clubJWP http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1885663

User: jetmatic http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1885663

Official thread of the number of people that were scammed by scriptoman: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1941911

enormous, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  9. MazeCash

MazeCash Peon

Best Answers:
    They also have a $30 min if I'm not mistaken?

MazeCash, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  10. inazir

inazir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please note that receiving money on freelancer.com is easy, but it is recommended to get escrow payment before you enter in any deal in order to avoid any complications in future.

inazir, Sep 21, 2010 IP
  11. uzkh

uzkh Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new writer on freelancer.com i have started work with the person and according to him he delivered the payment from freelancer.com to my paypal account. Now almost 7 working days have passed there is no amount in my account. can you kindly guide me how many days it takes.
    freelancer to paypal.......how many days?

uzkh, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  12. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    He cannot pay from his freelancer.com to "YOUR" paypal account instead he will have to pay to your freelancer.com account from whch you will then have to transfer to your paypal yourself.

If you dont see the payment in your freelancer.com top right corner then contact support of freelancer.com & file a complaint that the payment is not shown in your account.

Payment on freelancer are instant, so either the other client has not paid or there has been some problem.

ranjan2001, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  13. uzkh

uzkh Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for your reply but the matter is he sent me from his account of freelancer.com to my account of paypal....so i just want to know the time period that how many days it takes to transfer the money from freelancer.com to paypal

uzkh, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  14. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It will take FOREVER!!! He can't pay you from his freelancer.com account to ANY PayPal account! Just like ranjan2001 said, he has to pay the money to YOUR freelancer.com account and then you will withdrawal to your PayPal account. So if your waiting for that money freelance.com to PayPal I wouldn't hold your breath or you'll die!

OnTheEdge, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  15. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems you are new hence you have not bothered to read how freelancers.com works, you need to read the payment section. As said by OnTheEdge It will take FOREVER!!! if you wait bcoz what your client is doing is not possible within freelancers.com.

Do you have a paypal account? Did you gave info to your client so he paid directly to your paypal account from his paypal account (outside freelancers.com) If that's the case then you need to contact paypal for your issue, payments are again instant within paypal to paypal, it seems your client either has not paid (he cannot pay from "freelancer to your paypal") or he too is quite new to the website.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    ranjan2001, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  16. Elitegeek

Elitegeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal still a good choice. I never tried freelancer.com by the way but odesk.com I did and its plretty amazing how their payment methods work. No worries at all just be good enough to present yourself to employers and gain more in a long run.

Elitegeek, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  17. uzkh

uzkh Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah basically contacted me through freelancer but he assigned me the project outside the freelancer......but when the time of the transaction money came i asked him to transfer the money to my paypal account and he said that he will transfer it from his freelancer account to my paypal account as he did not have the paypal account and i gave him my paypal address to him....

uzkh, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  18. ranjan2001

ranjan2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask him the proof in form of paypal transaction ID freelancer.com transaction date printout & screenshot of his payment page, you will soon know the truth.

ranjan2001, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  19. Jona Joseph

Jona Joseph Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am new to freelancer.com and I don't have a paypal account or credit card or anything source of receving money other than my normal bank acoount. ("Yeah, I know this is "uncool"). I am an article writer and usually my client pay me through my bank account. Now one client from frelancer.com has paid me through freelancer. I can see the milestone. But when I click the accept button it asks me 'do I wanna accept this'. When I click 'yes' nothing happens. What shud I do? Anyway once I accept this where does this money go?
    Please answer.

Jona Joseph, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  20. Jason0078

Jason0078 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For new user they have a 15 days delayWithdrawal requests made on Monday or Tuesday will be sent the following week.

Jason0078, Jul 30, 2012 IP