1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I Got Back Top 10 within 3 days After Disappearing from Search Engines

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stan7, Oct 7, 2010.

Before you read this article, you may be interested in my previous article:
    How to Get on the Top of Google, Yahoo and Bing : I Talk with Experience!

My website Got Top 10 for the keyword “beauties” in Yahoo and Bing within 15 days since setting up. On 29 of Sep my website www.beauties.co was still on Top 3.
    [​IMG]

Yet I suddenly found my website disappeared in these two search engines on Oct 4th. How Unbelievable ! How Mysterious ! How Shocked I felt!

Is it because that my website is too new? Some people says a new website is unstable in search engine rankings. However, I thought, my website was not going downing but disappeared!

So I took actions! Here were what I did (After these my website got back top 10 on Oct 7th today! ):

1 Analyzed the facts and listed the possible reasons.

I thought of what I did around these days:
    a I changed my website’s subtitle to “Beauties’ Philosophies in Photo Stories”.
    b I didn’t updated everyday since half a month ago and there was nothing new in the latest 5 days.

Changing a new website’s title might affect ranking for new website might not be trusted very well. No updating also might affect ranking, but couldn’t be the reason to disappear!

However, because of my website’s design, I knew that my website’s homepage changed frequently. I was not sure whether this was the main reason for being killed by search engine.

There was still one thing to be known: my website was not killed in Google.

2 Took measures.

a I updated my website by adding something new, altering some keywords to avoid keyword spam, etc.
    b I wrote to Bing Technical Support to let them help me solve my problem.
    (Why didn’t I write to Yahoo! ? I thought you could guess the reason.)
    c I resubmitted my website to Bing and Yahoo
    d I logged in my Yahoo account and related email to see whether there was something wrong or some message.
    e I set up a new account and began to use Bing Webmaster Tool, which was similar to Google Webmaster
    f I created new sitemaps in xml-sitemaps.com and submit to Bing, Yahoo and Google.

3 Feedback and Results
    I received a mail from Microsoft Customer Support:
    Hello Stanley,

Thank you for writing to Bing Technical Support. My name is Julius and I understand that your website suddenly disappeared from the Bing search results page. I know how important it is to resolve your issue.

Stanley, the Bing Help System provides recommendations that may help MSNBot and other web crawlers effectively index and rank sites. They also provide a list of techniques to avoid if owners want to make sure their site is indexed.

Bing Help System
    http://help.live.com/Help.aspx?mark...STERS_REF_GuidelinesforSuccessfulIndexing.htm

You should also review our recommendations to improve your indexing problems in the forums and make the appropriate changes.

Recommendations to improve indexing and ranking: http://www.bing.com/community/forums/t/651373.aspx

If you followed the recommended guidelines and still does not see your site on Bing, you may want to contact a search engine optimization (SEO) company or submission service.

These companies may provide tools that will help site owners improve their site so that it gets listed.

To find site optimization companies on the Web, you should try searching for "search engine optimization company."

Note:

I am providing the search terms you may use in Bing to find sites for optimization companies. This does not imply we, at Microsoft, endorses these products or is in any way associated with their operators. This page is not under the control of Microsoft, and Microsoft is not responsible if the links are not working appropriately, for the contents of the links or any links contained in the links, and for any changes or updates to a link.

We recommend visiting the Webmaster Center Forum to post your questions or concerns. Our moderators should be able to respond to your post within 24 to 48 hours once a post has been submitted. If you do not receive a response within a timely manner then please provide the link of your post so we could report the issue.
    http://www.bing.com/community/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=11

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Bing.

Sincerely,

Julius
    Bing Technical Support

-------------------------------------------

Bing also has comprehensive online help available for you:

For more information on the current features and functions, visit Bing Help at:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/ff808535.aspx

For recent developments on Bing, visit the official Bing Team blog at http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/search/

For site owners and webmasters, visit:
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/ff808429.aspx

I read the mail seriously and made an conclusion that I had nothing else to do. So I waited.
    I found my website got back Top 10 on Oct 7th today:

[​IMG]

stan7, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  2. oferkalfa2002

oferkalfa2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting story really. was very hard to ready due to your interesting verity of words. regardless new websites are not stable at all its a common thing that they will disappear or re appear on search results although . just a little tip - ignore bing and ignore yahoo search engine. actually ignore all of them - only google matters everything else is crap. 87% of the on-line users are using google. so SEOing and working with Yahoo and bing in my opinion is completely redundant.

oferkalfa2002, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  3. jhonydisuza

jhonydisuza Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with oferkalfa2002 Google is best for seo and all its other features. so promote your site on Google.

jhonydisuza, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  4. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank yo ufor the report. If that happened to me I wouldn't know what to do at all.

JamesColin, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  5. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Beside the water melon there is an orange, there is no wonder that water melon should be taken but why not both?

stan7, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  6. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    some people think this is normal.
    I don't think so so I share what I did to change rankings~

stan7, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  7. ekkanh

ekkanh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had a similar experience. I changed my website title a bit and lost my rankings for 4 weeks, then I sort of got them back again.

ekkanh, Oct 9, 2010 IP
  8. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah.
    So we are not supposed to change keyword, title, subtitle frequently.

stan7, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  9. seongpinas316

seongpinas316 Peon

Best Answers:
    Proper optimization is the key if you commit a mistake it will surely a drop of your rankings but if you got it right or closest to perfect then you will see a boost in rankings

seongpinas316, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  10. atniz

atniz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing delivered very low number of traffic compared to Google. If you want to get the real taste of being first page for "beauties", then try to rank in Google and check your traffic analytics. It will show you the true number of being top 10.

atniz, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  11. jamesloo

jamesloo Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

jamesloo, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  12. RobertoSoto

RobertoSoto Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulation! You mentioned some website design change may cause the descend of the rank, was it happened to you before and how did you solve it? It will be really appriciated If you can help me with that coz everytime when I need to re-design the format of the pages, it puzzled me a lot, sometimes the rank or the backlinks completely lost after that so....

RobertoSoto, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  13. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Changed design, don't change title, keyword, subtitle~~
    and Url~~

stan7, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  14. Dimon4ever

Dimon4ever Peon

Best Answers:
    My website dissapeared from google few days ago, it's very new (week +) and I was working on pushing it up (it was on page 19). I am not too expirenced in this and I am continueing backling as usual - 7-10 backlinks a day. Any tips?

Dimon4ever, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  15. Chris Thomas

Chris Thomas Guest

Best Answers:
    Great work..
    Will try it my URL also..
    Thanks for sharing..

Chris Thomas, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  16. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you get 7-10 backlinks everyday? If these backlings are in a good quality, your website will rise quickly~

But I think the first thing before your SEO is to make your website meaningful,special~ you think some people will like your website~

stan7, Oct 11, 2010 IP