1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Get on the Top of Google, Yahoo and Bing : I Talk with Experience!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stan7, Sep 29, 2010.

How to Get on the Top of Google, Yahoo and Bing : I Talk with Experience!

1 Domain

The first important things is Domain, which I think you already know. If you got related keywords in your domain, for a long time, you will benefit A Lot. Take my site beauties.co[​IMG] as an example, there is a key word “beauties” and is short enough, which is one of the important factors for my site to get top 10 on yahoo and bing within half a month.

You might doubt about the extension of “.CO”. It is true that beauties.co is not as good as beauties.com, the problem is beauties.com was taken many years ago! And actually beauties.co is better than “manymanywordsbeauties.com”! So if it is not easy to get the suitable .com domain, it is wiser to get a suitable domain of other extensions.

2 The Differences and Features of Google, Yahoo and Bing

A Let’s talk Google first.

Google prefers Old websites with much unique content and a lot of backlinks from good quality web pages. Pay attention, I said “web pages” not websites, that means backlink is a relation between websites but web pages. So it is also useful to make links in the same website.

That is why I didn’t get my website(beauties.co) on top ten of Google within half a month while I made it on Yahoo and Bing —My domain was too new and I had no enough time to collect enough backlinks even though I got all my content unique! My website’s name is Read Beauties, but at the beginning when I search “Read Beauties” I couldn’t find my website on Google even though Google had indexed my website.

(How do I know Google had indexed my website? A simple way is to search “site: beauties.co” or “site: www.beauties.co” on Google.)

I proved that in the following days. I post my website Read Beauties for critique in forum of Pixelpost, and the next day when I search “read beauties” on Google I found my thread on Pixelpost on top. Pixelpost forum’s PR is 5 and my website’s pr is 0 hence my website couldn’t get top 10 even though there were more keywords in my site. Yet this has become history for I really did my work!

Another fact to prove my theory is how I get on the top of Google with the key word “stockings beauty” and “stockings beauties”. Last week I got a lot of content about stockings beauty on my website, at the same time I did some work of SEO. I updated every day. And suddenly I found my website on the top of Google when I search “stockings beauty” and “stockings beauties”.

Actually I didn’t intend to get to the top with the keyword “stockings beauty”, I only did something about that keyword. If I keep updating the content about stockings beauty my website will be on the first page all the time. Afterwards I thought stockings beauty was not very suitable for my website’s theme, I did not update it anymore. Hence now you cannot find www.beauties.co on the first page with this keyword. It is in top 14 today.

Google changes rankings more frequently than other search engines. This means Google updates more quickly.

B Yahoo

Yahoo focus on keywords more. Yahoo is good at collects backlinks ! Look at this picture first:
    [​IMG]

What do you see in the picture? Many things. What I want to talk is Backlinks. You can see from the picture that backlinks detected by yahoo are much more than other search engines.

The fact to prove my theory about keywords VS yahoo is the progress for my site to get top 10 on yahoo and bing within half a month. At the beginning, I did nothing about SEO for I focused on thinking my website’s theme, keywords, introduction and performance. At the same time, I updated unique content on my site every day, every 24 hours there must be new unique content. And then one day, when I searched “beauties” on yahoo, I found my website beauties.co on the first page. So it is very important to get suitable keywords for your website. With suitable keywords it is much more easier to get good rankings on yahoo.

C Bing

Bing represents some people who enjoy trying new things for it really like the Latest Content, the newest things.Look at these two pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Google and Yahoo have different number of indexed pages for different URL, yet Bing is Cool in this way —it only indexes the latest one page!

I looked at the statics every day, bing only indexes my website’s latest page. Every time there was a new page indexed by bing for the same url, the older pages disappeared. As a result, if you wants to get a good ranking in Bing, Remember to update frequently!

The main reason that I got my website beauties.co on the first page of bing within half a month was the frequency of updating.

3 Summary

Google: Backlinks, Unique Content

Yahoo: Keyword, Backlinks

Bing: Update Frequency

By the way, SEO is only a method to drive more traffics, don’t forget how to use the traffics. If you have different opinions or questions to me please contact Stanley(stanley7749#gmail.com, changed # to @).

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    stan7, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  2. andrewbernes

andrewbernes Peon

Best Answers:
    such a nice information sharing and thanks for that.

andrewbernes, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  3. indiannews007

indiannews007 Member

Best Answers:
    HI,
    Such a help full information. love to see more. thx for share with us.

indiannews007, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  4. oneit

oneit Peon

Best Answers:
    Great explanation with example..Thanks a lot...

oneit, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  5. classiqa.com

classiqa.com Peon

Best Answers:
    thks for the information very good.Important thing over here is getting traffic out of relevant keywords, if you list first on google or other but if your keywords does not match to your site then your bounce rate will increase and its not worth.

classiqa.com, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  6. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad so many people like my article!

stan7, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  7. Paul Okselenko

Paul Okselenko Peon

Best Answers:
    Does domain name realy have such great influence on Google?

Paul Okselenko, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  8. Joy mds

Joy mds Peon

Best Answers:
    really very Great explanation with example..keep it up..

Joy mds, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  9. defted

defted Active Member

Best Answers:
    not bad at all.. thnx mate.

defted, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  10. DennisXHopper

DennisXHopper Peon

Best Answers:
    great article, thanks for sharing :)

DennisXHopper, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  11. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. I have a few domains with interesting keywords and NO backlinking (because i could not develop them yet) which rank on the first page of Google... a little bit of SEO (when I have the time) & I'll have them at #1...

SEOTranslator, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  12. zinruss

zinruss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Technically you can climb the ranking ladder very fast if you have keyword rich domain. This is the main reason why some webmasters spend so much money buying keyword rich domain before they start any on-page seo ( search engine optimization ) work and sem ( search engine marketing ) campaign. You don't need many backlinks to get into first page if your keyword is the exact match to your domain.

Alternative, you have another option. Build an authority site. You will need backlinks from all sources and the process will take up to a few years. If you search "digitalpoint" in google.com, twitter/digitalpoint ranked very well. Twitter is an authority site.

Another trick is keyword density. Let say you have 100 articles posted, all have the keyword "xxx" and you interlink them, get some backlinks and your site will rank not bad for keyword "xxx". Try to keep the keyword density around 3% ( for 500 words article, repeat the keyword 15 times, you can use long tail keyword too ) for each article. Alternative, you can use image alt tag for on-page seo work.

Content and on-page seo is the king. Backlinks is the queen. All the best.

zinruss, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  13. SEOTranslator

SEOTranslator Member

Best Answers:
    Fully agree with zinruss. Even if you score well due to the domain name, content is still king. And you can also use your content to improve the ranking for your keywords (even several ones at the same time) and their long tails.

SEOTranslator, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  14. 3glogic

3glogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Good info..

3glogic, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  15. stan7

stan7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Summary!

stan7, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  16. mayorlan

mayorlan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this great post.Let see how it goes after taking note and implementing this.

mayorlan, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  17. oferkalfa2002

oferkalfa2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i dont see what the point in looking at yahoo and bing at all - they suck .. there is simply no point what so ever using these 2 just work on google and the other 2 will catch up pretty nicely . even if they dont -- so what no one uses them anyway.

oferkalfa2002, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  18. Paul Okselenko

Paul Okselenko Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this info guys!

Paul Okselenko, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  19. pradiprg

pradiprg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

pradiprg, Oct 8, 2010 IP
  20. seo smith

seo smith Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate ,
    Great Post ......... thanks for share such a good information ........ keep posting stuff like this ......

seo smith, Oct 8, 2010 IP