1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Campaigning members to report posts... Allowed?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by stOx, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I asked this in another thread, As did alexis, but as the mod team were getting a bit of a dressing down in that particular thread it got closed.

So i'll ask it here, publicly, and hopefully we will get a precise answer, given publicly.

dear mods.
    Is it against the rules to campaign members to report posts in "full force" in an effort to make mods "take action" against a post one disagrees along with instructions regarding what to write in the report box?

For instance. Could i post somewhere on this forum saying;

Some clarification please, thanks, love you! :rolleyes:

PS, for the sake of simplicity let's assume for a second that the same rules apply to muslims and non-muslims on this forum. let's pretend, if you will, that rules aren't imposed and enforced based on how shouty and violent people are willing to get or how willing they are to DDoS the site.

stOx, Feb 22, 2010 IP
    borber likes this.
  2. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    As stOx said, I'd also be interested to know this.

I did get a PM back from one mod however the answer wasn't in there - It was only that they didn't see the need for it; not whether or not it was actually allowed.

Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - and thanks Stox for bringing it up :)

alexispetrov, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  3. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, same rules should be applied to everyone
    just as it is allowed that we can discuss Muslim Demographics and how Muslims are going to take over the world, similarly it should be allowed to discuss that how Jews have taken over the world media

Just as it it OK to discuss Sanctions on Iran, so should be OK to discuss sanctions against isreal /Usa ..thread with this article was deleted from the forum

that said, If a post is actually breaking the rules of the forum than there is no harm in reporting it and as you know it very well you can't go about reporting random posts, you will get infractions for doing so, you can't report a post just because you don't agree with someone's point of view

new, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  4. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    We're more after an official response as to whether or not it is allowed for one member/a group of members to campaign to have another members/groups posts removed.

5. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    than why are you posting this in P&R forum?`

new, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  6. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think a single post is suffice. if there is a campaign of 2 or more post from a single member i think thats spam.

eric8476, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  7. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    You responded to me with a question for the OP. I am not the OP. Try again? >.<'

Eric we aren't talking about spam, we're talking about campaigning to have someone's posts removed. Not more than one from one member.

8. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems that you do have a lot of insight into OPs mind ? how do you know what is OP looking for since you are not the OP ? If you know what OP is looking for than you must also know that what this thread is doing here?

why not open a campaign allowing users to swear freely? since I guess this is what your goal seems to be ?
    may be your parents did not teach you any manners but any person with a bit of dignity will abstain from swearing at a public forum

new, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    New, you aren't a moderator, you have no capacity to enlighten us on this issue.

stOx, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  10. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    are there any rules that STOP members from participating in threads related to feedback about the forum etc?
    Since you aren't a moderator, you have no capacity to enlighten us on this issue

new, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course there are no rules preventing you from posting, i wouldn't want there to be, I was just pointing out that you had misunderstood what my request was and seemed to be under the impression that either it was your opinion i was looking for or that you were a moderator.

stOx, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  12. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    new - yes actually, I do have a GREAT deal of insight into the OPs mind on this issue. We've discussed it :)

Also, did you or did you not refer to a certain group of people as "ass lickers" recently? Didn't your parents teach you any manners? :)

13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mods? Anyone want to have a go at clarifying the rules? Or are you still trying to figure out a way of making it ok for Muslims but an infractional offence for everyone else?

stOx, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  14. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, mods do clarify that if its ok for others to point out at Muslims but Muslims can't point out the 'untouchable' 'chosen ones' :rolleyes:

@stox
    do you think that 'chosen ones' will allow us to use the same things as they love to say for Muslims ?
    will you be able to handle the bunch of people crying like school kids 'anti-semiteism' 'anti-semiteism' 'anti-semiteism':(:(

Than why are you asking me to refer to OP ..:
    you love 'morality' don't you :rolleyes: the holy pious alexispetrov who just has a small wish like a innocent kids down the block i.e. to KILL ALL MUSLIMS at THE EARTH considering them WASTE OF LIFE

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    new, Feb 22, 2010 IP
  15. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    .... You insulted me for swearing I pointed out you did it too. Don't get so worked up kid :S

This thread isn't about your little grievances - it's just wanting clarity on a particular rule.

alexispetrov, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is impossible to clarify such rules, even the "holly book" was unsuccessful at trying to clarify what their trying to tell it's followers to follow, everyone will have their own interpretation on what is said and eventually rules will be broken.

If the mods in this forum is un-bias and fair, then that is all we need, it will be up to us on how well we behave, I don't know, maybe common sense are the rules.

wwws, Feb 23, 2010 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Funny. Start a thread about mohammad and the mods on it it like flies round shit. Ask them to clarify what we are allowed to do and they don't seem to have a testicle between them.

Mods, why are you incapable of clarifying such a simple point? You have been asked many times now in numerous threads and PMs and you are still unable to give an answer. Do you just make the rules up as you go along on here?

stOx, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think wisdomtool is the only mod that ventures into P&R on a regular basis. Perhaps he just missed this? Did you you already PM him about this thread?

I'm interested in the answers to this thread's questions as well.

GeorgeB., Feb 23, 2010 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As i understand it alexis had messaged him and he didn't clarity the forum rules.

stOx, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  20. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Mmmmm, indeed :(

alexispetrov, Feb 23, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.