1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Its About WebThosting VPS Account

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by eManuka, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello,
    I have VPS account with webthosting.com. I buy it before 3months ago. now I already have paid them for next 3months (50$ x 3 = 150$). now they have STOP VPS service in here. before they put my VPS offline I backup my all of data to webthosting temp backup server.

they told we can discuss about this after you complete backup to our temp dedicated server. as they told me I complete transfer my backup to new server. after they told me we do not provider VPS service anymore you have to buy VPS from other service provider. after that I try to put my VPS in webthosting. they told me we can give you dedicated server for 80$ + cPanel (it will be cost more than 100$).

so that price not statis for me I request refund for the VPS. then I buy good dedicated server from other service provider it cost all for 80$ (more than cheap webthosting servers). after the buy new dedicated server I try to login to my backup server for transfer all account to new server. password is invalid when I trying to login it. then I sent support ticket for request valid password.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ME:
    Today I try to login my backup server. now backup server password not working.

REPLY:
    As you have asked for a refund we have put that server to a different -------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME:
    so what happen to my backup DATA? you have changed password when I request my refund for place new order in other place.

REPLY:
    We can try to recover your data at an admin fee of $60/hour.

ME:
    if you assigned that server to a different person. why dont you tell me it before. is that my problem?

REPLY:
    You asked for a refund. So in order to process your refund your server was taken down. I am sorry if you do not agree with the $60/hour fee you will be unable to get your files which are stored on our backup server. I said we reserve the right. As an exception we decided to refund you $100, so took down your server and provided to to another person.

ME:
    if dont you provide refunds. what you did for my backup data?

REPLY:
    The data was backed up from the previous server.

This is problem is not only for me. other all of VPS clients have same problem as me. I'm still waitng for get my backups. now I cannot login to webthosting client system my passowrd is invalid. I try to reset it but does not work. Is there any IDEA about the my problem?

eManuka, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  2. Janak

Janak Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel sad after reading your post.. :(

I think you should read their service level agreement for refund, backup etc before sign up.

Keep requesting them for backup.

Janak, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  3. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Webthosting is notorious for scamming the hell out of customers. Just read a few threads about them here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1360717
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1143611&highlight=webthosting

In fact, just Google for Webthosting and see the various results about their negative reviews/customer service/scam from various webmaster and hosting forums and sites.

Google further for term "Webthosting scam" and get even more results.

Speaking from experience, I was scammed $100 by them for just complaining about their down times. The username of the person who runs the company is Bentink on this forum.

Hoster1983, Jul 23, 2009 IP
  4. eManuka

eManuka Peon

Best Answers:
    I have request 50GB of 2 backup accounts. they told me it will be need 3hours for recover. it will cost 60&x3h = 180$. that is admin fee for the recover my data from previous server. I already have paid them for next 3months (150$). this is look like they are trying to keep my 150$

eManuka, Aug 2, 2009 IP
  5. ravee1981

ravee1981 Active Member

Best Answers:
    About a year ago I tried almost all vps providers out there buddy. Nothing worked for me except jaguarpc. The vpses are fully managed. Signup there with the link on my sig

Overwhelming support buddy. Everyone would love it.

ravee1981, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  6. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes, I would stay as far away from WebTHosting after their ripoff of Host Rocket's design.

Any company whom willingly steals from another deserves to be shut down completely. The best thing you can do is move on, perhaps try for another provider (AquariusADMIN on WHT I believe has some nice VPSes from what I remember.)

Stroh, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  7. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aquariusstorage.com is one of the most relaible VPS hosts and reasonably priced.

Hoster1983, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  8. Dr-AMG

Dr-AMG Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a FULLY-MANAGED VPS with great specs for $50 a month at webintellects, and the support is unbelievably good. They even fixed my server when I screwed things up badly free of charge!

Dr-AMG, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  9. eManuka

eManuka Peon

Best Answers:
    really, I dont need is there any review about the other hosting providers. I just solution for my VPS problem with webthosting :(

eManuka, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  10. raghul

raghul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no they will not let you go untill they suck every penny from your pocket..i can say i was one of their first 10 clients since they started....their service is horrible and their support is = ZERO....no use if you keep on openin tickets eventually they will get abusive...and when all seems hopeless they will suggest you another plan for you to take and say you'll get your backup...and this thing happens all over again..

raghul, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  11. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can vouch for Aquarius, he's a great person and his company rocks!

Stroh, Aug 7, 2009 IP
    Hoster1983 likes this.
  12. eManuka

eManuka Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont need vouch for Aquarius ;) I just need my backups with refunds from webthosting :) 150$ + 125GB of Backups

eManuka, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  13. LinksCity

LinksCity Guest

Best Answers:
    Dont go with them.They are Thieves.

LinksCity, Aug 16, 2009 IP
  14. bentink

bentink Peon

Best Answers:
    Your server was assigned to a different person as you did not wish to continue.

bentink, Aug 17, 2009 IP
  15. Hoster1983

Hoster1983 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is just one typical example of "one-liner" support replies Webthosting clients receive.

Hoster1983, Aug 18, 2009 IP
  16. eManuka

eManuka Peon

Best Answers:
    I have resloved my problem. I got my vps back!

eManuka, Jan 13, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.