1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Thread Sort Order

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Aug 1, 2009.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Read first post in this thread.

Less people breaking the rules and bumping their threads for one.

Use the Report post function, that's what it's there for.

digitalpoint, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  2. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make this thread sticky please so that people like me don't make duplicate threads about it :)

@ all ... Leave it as it is and use it as you want :)
    Thanks
    PHYza

phyza, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    butternyk likes this.
  3. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    How about sorting threads on the basis of iTraders, i.e itrader time??

by this way the popular and good service delivering threads will be easily noticed by members or customers.

gauravgrt, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not going to happen (even as an option). Would be too hard on the database to do something like that.

5. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That will be not fair for new members and people offering or starting out new services :)

phyza, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    mdvasanth86 likes this.
  6. gauravgrt

gauravgrt Peon

Best Answers:
    Being programmer i can understand that.

Yes thats true, but if that happens then people have always option of "Thread sort order". By selecting their desired settings they can see new offers.

gauravgrt, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  7. phyza

phyza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you can see that members are already not happy with the default dp system and they think that it will let their business/sales down in BST section and the thing you want will create more problems for them because even if they use the "Thread sort order" option for themselves, it's still not the same BY DEFAULT :)

phyza, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  8. jackieh1791

jackieh1791 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I obviously did THAT or I wouldn't have a clue what I am replying to.:p I read the first 2 pages, as a matter of fact. And that was enough to see several complaints. I guess I just don't understand why you would change it, especially when it is not the "norm" as forums go.

Anyway, I'll quit griping before I receive a naughty mark and just hope that you guys come to your senses and change it back.

jackieh1791, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I believe that this makes it much more important to compete in other ways:

• Write good ad copy. I frequently pass over vendors who write incomplete or incomprehensible sales pages.
    • Write searchable ad copy. Include lots of keywords. Don't forget to make a good title tag.
    • Get good customer reviews. Good reviews are very effective in convincing buyers to part with their money.
    • Build a good iTrader rep. Vendors with positive iTrader scores definitely have an advantage.
    • Contribute in other parts of the forum. If you make smart posts, buyers will feel more comfortable about investing in your services.
    Shawn, have you thought about setting up vbBlog? vbBlog pages can give vendors a place to showcase their products and services in a somewhat less spammy manner than forum threads.

Also, you might consider installing a thread bumping mod just in the B/S/T forums. Those don't protect against all bumping, but even the minimal protection they provide would save the mod team a lot of work.

Will.Spencer, Aug 3, 2009 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, I looked at it, but the but the vBulletin Blog software (and vBulletin Projects) are being discontinued as separate products and instead rolled into vBulletin 4.0 as a standard thing. Will allow tighter integration among other things. And since vBulletin 4.0 is right around the corner, I decided to hold off on really doing anything with the blog stuff until 4.0 (already going to have to rewrite a ton of stuff with 4.0, no point in writing a bunch of blog customizations I would want, only to have to rewrite them in a month or two).

Yep... we'll be looking at other things as well, although like the blog thing, probably nothing *major* until 4.0 is up and running.

11. AaRGeE

AaRGeE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since all our requests and reports will be unseen/accused! I think I will give the new system a try and see how it goes..

I am gonna do as Will said!

AaRGeE, Aug 3, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  12. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read each and every post in this thread and I am afraid to comment about this. I might receive an infraction but I dont care anymore because i have suffered 200$ loss in the B/S/T section.

Gave 3 review copies at heavy discounts for my service. Then I got a ban for bumping another thread (Not mine. i am still confused whether I actually deserved it. Since there is no appeal i am letting it go).

I cam back and find positive reviews on my thread. But the only problem is that it is on the 13th page. WOW.. Thats some sorting you have done.

Anyway I dont think I am going to get anymore customers unless I duplicate a thread. I dont want to do that because I will end up with a ban and the same situation will repeat.

What's the point in using DP any more? I used to be a fan of DP but not any more. Now I dont think the mods will have any more work in here as everyone seems to be disillusioned about the move. If the thread bumps were the major concern you could have just assigned one or more moderators.

Well I assume DP is going down the drain since all the other sections in theis forum are flooded with the same questions again and again.

I assume this move will make Shawn richer. He has removed the revenue sharing, made changes in ad positioning, forcing people to do more posts just to make their siggy link visible so that people actually find a sales thread.

I would have gladly paid a fee to a script like what sitepoint used. But DP seems to be the admin+ mod ground. I am not complaining about anyone.

Anyway I am hoping for new changes to come about.

coolamazer, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  13. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

A long post. You won't get infraction for this.;)

There is a thread going here

Vote there and just hope that this system is reverted back to normal.

Personally , I am not worried about this change. But, this is not good for the service providers.

mdvasanth86, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  14. coolamazer

coolamazer Peon

Best Answers:
    Voted up. But Will Shawn give value to the poll? i guess not since this was not started by him. Anyway i have registered my vote in the hope that the final outcome will make Shawn re think...

coolamazer, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  15. RickS01

RickS01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am a BUYER and I agree with this. I visit the SERVICES forums and other B/S/T sub-forums quite frequently. I visit the main B/S/T forum occasionally as well.

One of my favorite things is to see the *hot* threads in these forums. In other words, the GOOD SERVICES. When I visited the B/S/T forum I couldn't figure out what the heck had happened. I further more was very disappointed with the lack of good or *hot" threads. The forum actually started to look DEAD. I understand that I can change the sorting settings, etc. But, as AaRGeE just stated, a good service that could very well be on the second page will now be on page 407.

Ok, you're probably saying well, search for this and that. That can be done. But there are lots of times a certain service may exist that I don't know exists and will now never know.

However, I can understand the advantage for the moderators in doing this.

This is my REQUEST: Please change the subforums of the B/S/T back to the way they were. And leave the B/S/T the way it is now to help the mods.

And I also don't mind the new ads. I am all for making the people, person, persons, Shawn, and popular contributors, more money for providing this forum.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for providing a great forum.

RickS01, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    akki313 and Will.Spencer like this.
  16. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    problem is about 70% of people won't change it, 70% of buyers :\

toycat, Aug 4, 2009 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  17. daremkd

daremkd Peon

Best Answers:
    couldn't find them either and all the crappy services are on page 1 now its quite annoying I have to spend a lot of time sifiting trough threads not to mention having to check dozens of the sellers past threads as they created slightly less duplicate ones

daremkd, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  18. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    That's absolutely correct. First of all I highly doubt casual buyers are aware of the change, and B) that there is an option to change the display. Also what about all of the people that do not log-in or even have an account. Not everyone who buy's on the BST section has an account or feels the need to subscribe to the forum.

As for the two other options of searching for a "offer", that is great if you know what your specifically searching for. But the Majority of people don't have a specific product in mind. The idea behind the BST is a place where sellers can advertise a product. Searching is easy if your Dominos pizza, but if your CPA Method XYZ it doesn't work to well.

If anything I believe that the forum will become even more murkier with marginal offers. A quick glance at the BST forum, show's three seperate postings for jobs, I don't know about most people but if I am looking for a job or advertising one Craigslist and Monster are a lot better alternatives. And that is just one example. As opposed to the Easy $250+ Per Day CPA method, which has several happy buyers.

You tell me, what would you be more interested in a true IM marketing system, with positive reviews and several sales. Or a job offer by someone who is a recruiter, and not even advertising for his own company? Which deserves to be on the first 1-2 pages, instead of Page 6-8.

Imbo, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  19. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And from a buyer perspective, that's one of the things I love about the new setup. No more scanning through the same old crap I already decided I didn't want to buy. I can take a peek and just see what's new since last time, so I can more easily find new things I want to buy.

And as a smart buyer, I know to do my research before choosing who to buy from. If I want something specifically with a track record, then I'll search until I find something with reviews I can trust. The fact that some people are lazy and sellers are unhappy that it's more of a buyer's market for a change (finally!) just aren't good enough reasons to change it before it's been around long enough to really test it imo. It's easy to say there are crap offers now. But there were before. And they weren't buried like some people are implying. They were constantly bumped - have you ever tried selling a professional service here that didn't cater to the cheapskates of the world? You got buried immediately by the constant bumps and reviews from the dozens of buyers of crap services. So what? Learned to adapt, and did a hell of a lot of business. Give it a try.

jhmattern, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  20. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, the ads' revenue is no longer being shared with the people straight out, we do prosper from it in a round-about way, I suppose :)

As a seller, I concur! I do rely on the NEW offers to keep my dimes rolling in.
    Me!

A lot of the people that voted I hate it because no one will find my sales thread. Are banned, hmmmm. Big time bumpers? :p

Karen May Jones, Aug 5, 2009 IP
    jhmattern likes this.