1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$0 to $5000/month Adsense Challenge

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by manateemedia, Jul 28, 2006.

I, like most of you out there, have been trying to figure out how to increase my adsense earnings and am wondering how you would do it?

Let's say the goal is to go from $0/month to $5000/month on adsense alone.

You have no advertising budget and no friends or other sites to launch your new sites with. You have no existing sites that already get truckloads of traffic. You are starting completely from scratch.

I'd be interested to hear some ideas out there.. and perhaps how long some of you think it could take to get to that level - assuming the market stays fairly stable.

To start, I'll throw one idea I've had lately.

I'm thinking start a targeted blog that will attract good adsense ads, add several posts until you start noticing search engine traffic. Hopefully, if the content is good enough it will bring some good clicks.

Once the first blog gets some momentum, start your next blog, or perhaps 5-10 blogs if you have the time. If a blog seems to be taking off, keep nurturing it. Blogs that don't seem to be making it get the axe - let em' rot.

Save your energy and don't post on the blogs that are bringing you money...spend your time on the new blogs.

In the end, perhaps you have a hundred or so good blogs bringing in good clicks. Perhaps out of a hundred blogs you'll have one that really takes off.

Crazy tactic? Perhaps... just an idea... how would you do it?

manateemedia, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  2. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs are a lot of work. A lot. Well, good blogs are. There is nothing I hate more than to get to a blog or website that is so obviously thrown together as some piece of crap MFA site.

Perhaps I am naive but I think that priority should be in making sites or blogs that are well-constructed and content-driven. Something the publisher would be proud of even if he/she didn't make a dime from it. But that's just me.

If you're going for a numbers game - meaning starting lots of domains and nurturing the money-makers and dumping the duds - don't do blogs. Do sites. Blogs are expected to be updated almost daily. Sites aren't.

Just my two cents.

sd2001, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  3. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your first part, but disagree with this. You'd be amazed how well an optimized Wordpress blog can rank in the search engines. Way better than any static site I've made.

4. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Um...think your getting ahead of yourself. Set your first goal is getting $5 and then work your way up.

Blogs don't just generate traffic automatically. You have to give them enough time to develop a readership before they can make money or you have to get them to rank well, whihc would involve links. To get links you need people to read them which involves writting good content. This all takes time.

IamNed, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. mydream

mydream Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only do blogs anymore and not the spammy ones.

mydream, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  6. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like u r fishing for a tutorial, the idea you have mentioned has been thought of..thinking it was a new break-through method is like thinking you invented the spatula. However, it seems that you may be new to the game and I remember when I had a million ideas running through my head of how to make a bag of loot. I did what you said, if you have the time to do all you said, you had better hope you are single, if not you may very well be soon enough.

Secondly, there are like 3-4 blogs for every blog reader, talk about a challenge...you had better have New York Times quality content cause getting solid blog readerships is hard to do these days, really hard.

I don't want to sound discouraging, and I'm not saying that you won't make your 5000/month mark as it is quite easy to do from scratch, on one site with no paid advertising as I have recently done so with a month or so of long sleepless nights . It's just the iced out approach to it that you have planned, or have thought about that i see the problem with.

An idea that has been very successful for me is to come up with ideas, inovate, create and benchmark something and you will be successful in reputation and likely finacially. I know it seems vague and not helpful now, but when you sit back, relax and not think so much about how much money you can make, and rather think about how many people will appreciate your site and its info/content/service...whatever. The money will follow, but you will wear yourself out trying to follow the money.

Take it for what you will. I don't promote empty dreams. I hope this hasn't left you feeling jaded or pissed at me. I just think that you should make something that isn't already there or atleast have a unique twist on the angle.

easterwolf, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  7. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm already past that... i'm at the $1000/month level

8. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Easterwolf, very nice answer.

5000$ is a lot of money and I think that quantity (# of blogs in your case) is not going to make that kind of money. What you really need is traffic spiced up with good, very good, content...

my 2 cents...

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  9. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your input... I'm not fishing for a tutorial, but did have this idea in mind as an efficient way for a one person operation to do it. I could be wrong, but it might be easier to create 100 blogs full of solid content than to create 1 "stellar" blog. I've just noticed after about month 2 of a newly created blog, I start seeing the google/msn/yahoo traffic coming in.

I wonder if you quit posting to a blog - how long this traffic would continue to come in. Hmm...

Anyway, I'm not a newbie and not trying to irritate anyone...just thought it might be one way to approach it - then if you can get enough money coming in...focus one the handful of blogs that seem to be doing the best. Ok, well it's 1:29 am, so perhaps my brain isn't wired correctly this late in the evening (uh morning)

10. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, it isn't.. there are many examples of blogs/sites making well over $5000/month.

Some examples:

perezhilton.com - estimated $70,000/month
    plentyoffish.com - $300,000/month - probably more
    problogger.net - $15,000/month
    hotornot.com - $15,000/day

Just a few examples...if you can get enough traffic, you can get da moola.

Anyone here think they could go from $0 - $5000 from scratch? I haven't heard a yes yet. :D

11. kevinn

kevinn Active Member

Best Answers:
  12. manateemedia

manateemedia Peon

Best Answers:
  13. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I can I think I can :) :) :) :)

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  14. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    i don't think you get go starting new blogs ,best way is choose one domain ,put some contents ,add to many search engines ,like whereever you see add a site just go on adding ,join some autosurfs,manual surf, start getting traffic from them do some click exchange and any tricky method to bring traffic ,then the real time comes: stop autosurfs and click exchange and other trickt programs since the traffic you got from them ,atleast 10-20% will bookmark or come back just by typing your url,so now you have visitors
    then go for adsense ,i bet you'll get minimum of 1000 unique visitors with in the month,and your visitors will be all legal not from autosurf.it worked for me may be worked for you too.

010081, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  15. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Starting off a new website or blog is the hardest thing, you have to work hard on gaining traffic, if you have a unique blog and you are a good writer it is possible.

chachacallis, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  16. easterwolf

easterwolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought we were talking about a bunch of blogs? BTW, hot or not doesn't have ads as far as I know, and we were talking about getting $5000 /month from AdSense alone right? Anyway, as I said, I'm not saying that you can't make that kinda loot, I know this as a fact. But Im saying that the approach is all wrong. And ya know, the sites that you quoted are kinda what I was reffering to when I said come up with something unique...or have a twist, i mean come on Hotornot?? wans't that the first ever photo rating site? Problogger....I think that Darren is providing a service that his readers value (like i was saying in the unique/useful site part of my first post).

The point is, you can make $5000 a month, if ya want try making all the blogs, at 10 you only need 16.00 /day to make it.....but like I said, you had better be single if you plan on acually updating these as you CAN'T just get a blog going, drop it and your readership and then work on other blogs and neglect the first. It doesn't work that way. But hey give it a go, let us know many blogs ya need to make it.

I wish ya the best of luck and hope you prove me wrong.

easterwolf, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  17. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After reading this thread, I truly believe it can be done.

Brian123, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  18. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO no one really starts from scratch, just with smaller goals..

You make $500 in one month, put some of that back into the site (hire a content writer, buy some links, etc.), then next month you make $750, and do the same thing. Eventually you hit your mark.

Just going from $0 to $5000 seems unrealistic to me. I'd be surprised if there were very many sites out there turning those kinds of numbers without spending some sort of money on ads.

iBold, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  19. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    That would be ultra hard wordk

peeg, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  20. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a challenge on the horizon....

Brian123, Jul 29, 2006 IP