1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Experiment

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Feb 16, 2009.

1. marketinggallery

marketinggallery Peon

Best Answers:
    I just posted about where you can get The Ultimate Article Directory List and skyrocket your article marketing efforts. This list will…

• Release massive amounts of traffic to your sites, all free of charge...

• Supercharge your article marketing efforts, so you aren't frustrated with little to no success...

• Saves hundreds of hours of your time, so you can spend it doing the things you love, not slaving away in front of a computer...

• Dramatically improve your results and add thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to your bottom line...

• Feel more confident about your article marketing and ensure success with each and every article you write. You can hit a homerun every time you lift your pen.

Check it out here: The Ultimate Article Directory List

:)

marketinggallery, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    marketingalley - $67 for a LIST of 103 article directories?

---

I'll be submitting my articles for my new experiment tomorrow as EZA has approved 3 of the 4 articles I submitted yesterday (and I'm pretty sure the 4th will be approved tomorrow.) I want to do them all on the same day so none of the services gets an unfair head start.

I'm also going to make note of how long it takes me to do each of the articles because the services which use a lot of spinning definitely take longer than the ones that don't. Since time is money I think that's important info to test. After all this is all about finding out what is most effective.

Zibblu, Apr 29, 2009 IP
  3. net-vault

net-vault Peon

Best Answers:
    Interested in your comments. I had a subscription for Submit Your Article for two months but then heard about United Article Wizard. I decided to cancel the SYA account and stick with UAW for the following reasons:

1. With UAW you can submit unlimited articles, a big factor where I am concerned.

2. The article spinning is up to a higher level with UAW. True it takes more time but the article variations are solid as you are basically re-writing the whole article twice creating three different versions.

3. The resource box utility is amazing, allowing you to tweek the wording to include various keyword phrases so within a few minutes you can have hundreds of variations.

4. UAW comes with a whole bunch of plugins so you can drip articles from various categories into your own blogs and web sites including your own distinct versions of your own articles.

I can't see why anyone would need another service in addition to UAW if you use it to the max.

net-vault, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  4. in2clearsky

in2clearsky Peon

Best Answers:
    I only use isnare and EZA for my article submission. But my credit will used up soon. So it might be a good time to change after your next round of test. Great experiment actually. Thumb up :)

in2clearsky, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  5. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    UAW is great. But I still believe it's better to expand your link profile as much as possible. AMA sends out articles to *different* sites than UAW - so by combining them you are reaching more different websites and thus getting back links from more different sites. I believe that ISnare & Article Marketer also have different sites that they send out to - so again, by using a combination of different services my link profile will be expanded which should theoretically help me get better rankings.

---

Unfortunately EZA didn't approve my 4th article (due to "keyword stuffing" although I certainly didn't do that on purpose, I don't even pay attention to keyword density at all) so I had to resubmit it with some changes.

Like I said, I want to do it all on the same day so I'm going to wait until it's approved to start up this second test.

Zibblu, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  6. Adamwestrop

Adamwestrop Active Member

Best Answers:
    With UAW, I hear the links get discounted eventually because the Google algorithim can detect the majority are just variations. It will be great to hear from someone who has had great results in a competitive niche and has had large sustained backlinks in Google webmaster tools.

Adamwestrop, May 1, 2009 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    My second article marketing test is underway! I look forward to seeing (and sharing) the results. I really make an effort to keep my tests as "scientific" as possible which means I do not link to these destination pages any other way (that includes no social bookmarking) and I make sure that every article I submit using these submission services includes exactly 1 link back to the destination page. When I check for backlinks I never count the internal links (in this case the internal links from EZA itself.)

That doesn't mean there aren't differences in how I am linking back though. That's part of the nature of the different services. The biggest difference is that Article Marketing Automation & Unique Article Wizard both include spinning which means I can spin the anchor text back to my destination pages with Article Marketer & ISnare I cannot do that which means that every single backlink I get will have the exact same anchor text. That's why in practice I would not rely on just one article from those services... I think that's a big advantage AMA & UAW have over them.

---

Adamwestrop - I'll look into doing a separate test of UAW to a unique page I have on my domains in my webmaster tools to see what kind of results I get with that. Really I don't believe that. But we'll see.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  8. kushrooms

kushrooms Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice entry. Just wondering do you have to pay for Submityourarticle? Also doesn't google penalize that article if the same content is being posted in 10+ or so different locations? Also I read that it is $37 a month, would that be worth it? Thanks and cheers!

kushrooms, May 1, 2009 IP
  9. Glow_With_Us

Glow_With_Us Peon

Best Answers:
    Zibblu,

I have taken a very cautious approach with AMA because I'm not sure if someday search engines will find out about it. On my first article with AMA, I set the distribution limit to 20 and spun 20 versions of title, spun article body to 80% and also spun the anchor text and links quite a bit. AMA states they can spin out unique version which I was very curious about. So I printed out 10 spun articles and compared them side by and side. Here are my experiences:

1. Title. Even though I had 20 titles I was surprised to find out of the 10 printed out, there are 4 articles that each 2 of them that are Exact the same title. That's not a good idea, exact same title.

2. Article body. Even though I rewrote to about 80%, the (10) articles they spun out look similar to me. Maybe I don't know all the tricks yet, but as it stands I'm not sure if AMA can really spin out UNIQUE articles each time.

I also don't think their rewritten % gives you a clear pic of what needs to done to try to achieve uniqueness in your article. According to them,

"the rewritten percentage is calculated by taking the difference in word count between the pre-spun and spun text, and dividing it with the word count of the spun text."

I have limited my distribution to 5 for now and I don't want to have 20 similar articles out there pointing to sites I'm promoting. That can be dangerous!

Any thoughts?

Glow_With_Us, May 1, 2009 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    SYA = $37. It also is not particularly recommended, in fact I closed my account with them due to not getting as many backlinks as with the other services.

Google doesn't really penalize anything. But they may remove the "juice" from a backlink if it's coming from a duplicate content page. But that's the idea behind the spinning which SYA, UAW, and AMA all use. I don't think SYA's spinning is nearly as effective as UAW & AMA's though.

So far I most highly recommend AMA #1 and then UAW #2.

AMA spins using random generators so sometimes the titles will be the same. The more you spin your article, the more spun it'll be. If you really want to get crazy with the spinning then you can go down to the individual words along with the sentences. I spun some articles so they said it was over 300% spun. I don't bother with that now as I think it takes too much time.

Example: The {orange~green~brown} {cat~dog~duck} {ran~walked} to the {big~small} {store~school} in the {city~town~country}

I honestly think you are being overly cautious but if that's how you want to roll, I understand. I don't think there's any proof at all that it's dangerous to get back a bunch of links from the same article. Hell that's exactly what submission services like ISnare & Article Marketer do (they have no spinning) and while I'm new to Article Marketer, I have sent out over 100 articles using ISnare over the last couple of years and I don't see any evidence of any issues. Some of my articles are actually ranked on Google multiple times too (on various article sites.)

The worst thing that Google will do is remove the "link juice." I don't think they will penalize your site because of your incoming links UNLESS you get just a ridiculous amount of links with all the exact same anchor text... that might get you thrown into some sort of sandbox or something. But really I don't even believe that. Because think about a press release. With a press release you get the same links back from the same content from tons of sites and that's standard practice for respected businesses.

I just think the whole fear factor of folks is way too high. In my experience I've only ever been penalized because of my outgoing links or because of crappy content. Never for incoming links.

Consider this: If it was easy to make Google penalize a site for incoming links all you'd have to do is spam your competition with "bad links" and they'd all disappear. Such a system would be extremely easy to manipulate.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  11. kushrooms

kushrooms Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok, btw what does UAQ and AMA stand for? And also should I use one or the other? I'm really interested, thanks a lot and have a good day!

kushrooms, May 1, 2009 IP
  12. Glow_With_Us

Glow_With_Us Peon

Best Answers:
    If that's case - not getting juice from backlinks from duplicate articles, spending $47 a month and more importantly a few hours to get ONE article spun right with title, anchor text, links and body. It doesn't seem very effective SEO at all.

I tend to think we should look for better article spinning softwares.

Glow_With_Us, May 1, 2009 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    AMA stands for Article Marketing Automation. I've had the most success with it so far. Here are some things I like about it:

1. Reasonable price at $47/month.
    2. Articles continue to go out "forever" so I can keep building up links over time instead of just getting them all at once. As new sites join the system they pick up on older articles along with newer ones.
    3. I find the system very easy to use (much easier than Unique Article Wizard.) But it does take a little while to get used to the spinning. The more you use it, the easier it'll get. It takes me about 30 minutes to go from writing an article to having it submitted (with all spinning done.) I don't go overboard with the spinning anymore, I used to go crazy with it but now I just do one alternate sentence for each and a lot of spins of my anchor texts/URLs.
    4. They have absolutely no rules about article content or what you can link to. If there are sites in the system that publish articles on your topic than they will be posted. This is a big deal for those in the "adult" world because it's hard to find places to get links back.

On the other hand I guess the bad thing would be that it is a "blog network" and it's possible that Google could find out about the blog network at some point and discount the backlinks from it. But it seems to be done in a pretty intelligent way so it doesn't come across as spammy. I'm not too worried about that prospect.

If you want to find out more click on my build links link or check out my blog, I've been writing a lot about the various article marketing submission services. I'm trying to test them all out to see which ones are worth using. So far AMA & UAW are the two I'm convinced are worth my time.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  14. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    It doesn't take me that long. It takes me about 30 minutes. At first it took me longer but over time I've learned how to get my articles done much faster.

I think article spinning software is a complete waste of time because it creates garbage articles that are obviously created by a robot and are not even readable. I believe sites that are filled up with those kind of garbage articles will be removed from Google's index with time. Most importantly no good sites will post articles that are spun in that fashion so any backlinks you get back will be from crap sites. Crap In = Crap Out.

To be clear when I say "article spinning software" I'm talking about software which does it all for you. AMA allows you to spin in a way which is still reads well (if you are good at it) and it allows you to spin as much as you are willing to put into it. I personally think one alternate sentence for each is enough. Two would probably be overdoing it. And I don't really think single word variations are necessary although sometimes I do them.

You misread what I wrote. I think it's extremely unlikely that the link juice will be removed from the incoming AMA articles, what I am saying is that's the very *worst* thing that could happen. People have this fear that their sites are going to be de-indexed or punished with a -50 penalty (or whatever) because of their backlinks. But really the worst case scenario is just that their incoming links aren't going to count. Sure that would suck. But ... If you are going to be afraid of everything that could go wrong in the world of internet marketing... well it's going to be hard to get much of anything done with that sort of fear.

In my experience Google's duplicate content filter is not nearly as powerful as people think it is. Like I said I've been using ISnare (which does NO spinning at all) and I've seen my exact same article ranked on Google on many different article sites (ISnare submits to a lot of different article sites.)

In that case Google wasn't removing content that should have been quite obvious was duplicate, especially since ISnare articles are 500+ words. That means even with a string of 500+ consecutive words exactly the same, Google didn't automatically put them into the "duplicate" results.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  15. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK here is my question.....I signed up for AMA and love it!!!! My articles have been accepted over 30 times with a high 90% acceptance rate. My question is this: When will I exhaust the list of blogs receiving my content? I mean does AMA have thousands of blogs or will my auto articles go onto the same 20-100 sites...over and over?

trosquin, May 1, 2009 IP
  16. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah one more thing about the other side of the coin. Are those who own the blogs.....do you think they are proactively building their sites by gaining links and all that jazz? Or do you think they are just receiving content and putting on adsense?

trosquin, May 1, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    trosquin - that depends on the category that you place your article in... you should experiment with different categories, I've found that some have more blogs than others. Maybe try to find categories that are related to yours... maybe try the more "general" categories.

Also there are new sites joining the system all the time - that's one of the cool things about it. So if a new site joins it may pick up on an article you wrote a long time ago.

They won't make much adsense money if they don't get some links in...

I've actually got one site in the system as a publisher to see how it works and it's pretty nice. I'm actually impressed by the quality of the posts that I get from others.

Zibblu, May 1, 2009 IP
  18. kushrooms

kushrooms Banned

Best Answers:
    Ziblblu, thanks a lot I will look into it.

kushrooms, May 2, 2009 IP
  19. _Lessy_

_Lessy_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know if you need to pay to join AMA as a publisher? Their FAQ talks about free membership, but the only subscription page I've found is for paid members.

_Lessy_, May 5, 2009 IP
  20. hei_9901

hei_9901 Banned

Best Answers:
    can you post all the result in your first post so that everyone can see what you found?

hei_9901, May 5, 2009 IP