1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Revealed: The $100k Blogging Formula

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by zupreme, Feb 11, 2009.

1. heyheykaty

heyheykaty Member

Best Answers:
    There are 2 things I really need you advise . Since I use WP-o-matic everyday by manullay coz I don't know how to set up the cron job on cpanel .

Greatfull could you tell me how to do it ? which would save me alot of time .

here are some information from my hostgator business plan cron job setting.

assume domain : xxxx.mydomain.com

I have tried to set 2 cron job as follow:

1. /usr/bin/curl http://xxxx.mydomain.com/wp-content/...?code=d6e7eb3d
    2. http://xxxx.mydomain.com/wp-content/...?code=d6e7eb3d
    3. /usr/local/bin/php /home/username/public_html/subfolder/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cron.php?code=d6e7eb3d
    4. http://xxxx.mydomain.com/wp-content/...matic/cron.php

remark:
    username --> it is my hosting id directory
    subfolder --> it is fold for the subdomain

Did I make anything wrong ? coz they weren't work either.
    BTW I am usiing GH business plan too

heyheykaty, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  2. technotoday

technotoday Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting and useful information. I will try it later.

technotoday, Mar 10, 2009 IP
  3. Ghalt

Ghalt Peon

Best Answers:
    Zupreme -

What kind of ratio do you recommend between using external RSS feeds and using the source-blog feeds?

In other words, if I pull in 1 article a day from 4 other RSS feeds, plus I pull in 1 article from my source blog, that means that only 20% of my content is unique to my page.

Is that about in-line with what you are doing? Or do you do something more like pull 1 article from 2 external sources, and 2 articles from your own source to give you a 50% unique content ratio?

Thanks!

Ghalt, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  4. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use a 2:1 ratio in favor of the public RSS feeds.

I also schedule my imports so that the spun PLR content is always on top (most recent).

So the public RSS feeds run, for example, at 2:00AM every night and the Private feeds run at, say, 3:00AM.

Also if you are comfortable editing "The Loop" (if you don't know what it is, don't even attempt this) then you can remove the time and date tags so that nobody knows for sure when you are posting.

Some templates do this for you automatically and I'm sure there must be a plugin that does as well.

zupreme, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  5. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding CRON, if you go to the Options area of WP-O-Matic settings you should see a cron string. That's the one you want to put into your cron job.

Example:
    */20 * * * * /usr/bin/curl http://mysite.org/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cron.php?code=afff4ds3
    Code (markup):
    This has always worked for me with both Godaddy and Hostgator.

zupreme, Mar 11, 2009 IP
  6. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    All,

The CB product is approved and is on sale now here.

Please do not post product or affiliate questions in this thread. This thread is only for the discussion of the method and techniques outlined in the first post, as well as any expansions.

I've started a new thread for discussion of the product and to chronicle my experiences as a new CB publisher. That thread can be found here.

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  7. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    zupreme, I have asked this question before via PM, perhaps you have been too busy and forgot to reply. So I will reiterate it here, as I believe it will be very interesting for eveyone intended to use your method.

Your method relies heavily on the spinned content for 1000's of PLR articles, and as such requires a tool to quickly (!) spin huge amount of articles to produce just a single unique version of each.

Thus, my question is:
    Why do you recommend to use wp-spinner plug-in for spinning 1000's of articles, if what it does (according to the seller description) is exactly opposite to that - namlely, it produces multiple versions of the same artcile, while our task is to produce a single copy of multiple artciles?

If you are using the plug-in in a (very) unsual mode, then please share how exactly you are using it, as the seller page provides no info whatsoever on how their plug-in can be used for that purpose.

Thanks

Seolight, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  8. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. I did respond, but I'll do so in more detail here.

Consider the following from the WP-Spinner sales page:

This is part of what makes the plugin so powerful. We're running the PLR content through WP-spinner, which produces the effect the plugin seller highlights above. This frequently changing content gives the search engines the impression of:
    1. Unique Content (as compared to other sites using the same source articles)
    2. Content which changes more frequently than is actually the case.

However your RSS feed content provides stable anchor-content that helps you not to sacrifice your PR with the appearance of a totally new page.

These facts, combined with your Sitemap.xml that you will rapidly train Google and others to grab daily, and your backlinks (of course), gives you the best possible recipe for a high search engine position.

So the WP-Spinner is actually a core component of the method. It does exactly what we want it to.

Of course you could go with a one-time spin, and I did do just that at first (because I didn't know about WP-Spinner) but since I started using that and RSS Announcer, things really took off.

I hope that this answers your question. If not write back and I'd be glad to address it.

zupreme, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  9. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    zupreme, thanks.

That answers my question but only partly. I appreciate that you can vary content of every article in numerous ways with that plug-in, but that function it not of primary importance to me (I personally wouldn't bother with this at all, as most sites never vary the already published content and still rank well).

What is of primary importance, as I understand, is that in the beginning one would need to feel up 10 blogs with 1000's of artciles to start with - (just one variant of each article will do for that stage) and that's a tremendously time-consuming job, and from what you say I can't see how the wp-spinner can help with that?

That's the biggest issue I would like to clarify.
    Thanks.

Seolight, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  10. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your question.

In my method the addition of the raw articles is the easy part, due to the bulk PLR import plugin. The spinner just takes that bulk content and makes it fresh, over and over again.

So to answer your question, Wp-Spinner doesn't help you fill the blogs at all. That's the product of the import procedure.

zupreme, Mar 14, 2009 IP
  11. Maximallimit

Maximallimit Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't make WP-o_matic to woek properly. I tried every possible way ( Ithink) and nothing.
    As you said, I loaded parent blog with 50 articles (all of them published). If I set wp-o-matic to fetch 1 article, it will fetch the latest one and ignore the rest. If I set it to 0 it will fetch all of them and creats duplicates ( it will publish four of each :( ).
    I tried to unninstall and install again , still the same.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you

Maximallimit, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  12. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Please PM me a screenshots of your settings.

zupreme, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  13. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply.
    I do understand that the wp-spinner doesn't help to import artciles, that is done by PLR plug-in.

Let me reiterate my question:

1. How much time does it take you to tune (train, adjust etc.) the wp-spinner so that it produces decent humanly readble (!) artciles automatically out of say a 1000 imported PLR artciles? That is, I feel, should be the most time-consuming job.

2. On the scale of 0 to 10, how would estimate the readability of automatically spinned articles? (AFTER wp-spinner training, of course)

Thanks

Seolight, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  14. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the part that separates the "men from the boys" so to speak. An inexperienced user is stuck with what the plugin produces by default, which is about a 5 on the readabillity scale (grammatically correct, but using synonyms that are almost never used in actual conversation) while an experienced user who is comfortable with altering the plugin source-code will tweak the thesaurus over time with words that will appeal to the target market.

For tweens, put in tween verbiage, while for a medical themed site (like a mesothelioma blog...hint...hint) would have more professional sounding, medically correct terms.

zupreme, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  15. neverbreaktherules

neverbreaktherules Banned

Best Answers:
    very nice buddy
    will try some of steps

neverbreaktherules, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  16. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    What you said is perfectly clear to me, and I had no question about that.
    My major concern (as, I should think, everyone else's who plans to try out your method) is the suitablity of the recommended plugin for the specific task, namely spinning huge amount of content (only ONCE initially). In my opinion, the ability to spin the same article every time the page is reloaded is a nice feature, but not critical at all, as majority of sites that rank high never spin content.

What IS crucial, however, is that the spinner should possess the following properties:

1. Adjustablity (so that it can be cleverly trained and substitute proper synonyms)
    2. Compatibility with wordpress
    3. Speed

As I understood you, wp-spinner does satisfy 1 and 2.
    In my understanding, a crucial factor here is 3.

So please clarify how long on avarage does it take you to train the wp-spinner for any single topic, so that after that you could trust it to do the spinning automatically?

Seolight, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  17. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    zupreme, please comment on
    1. How long it takes to train wp-spinner on a given topic to then spin automatically?
    2. How much time overall do you spent on producing unique content from raw PLR articles?
    (say in % of overall time you spent to maintain the blog's network)

Seolight, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  18. faithuniq

faithuniq Peon

Best Answers:
    This was an interesting read for today. I should Give a thought to it.

faithuniq, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  19. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your questions.

The time taken really depends on too many factors to predict, such as genre, readability goals, target audience, webmaster savvy, etc.

I know you want a definitive estimate, but I honestly cannot give it. I've had some blogs that I didn't do any spinner mods to, and on in particular that took me a full week (of part-time effort) to get the way I wanted it.

zupreme, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  20. Seolight

Seolight Member

Best Answers:
    Today I consulted wp-spinner manufactures and they told me wp-spinner is NOT suitable for mass-spinning, and essentially you need to prepare for spinning every artcile (!) manually, which makes buying it rather pointless.

So to all who is interested, I can recommend a FREE worpress plugin - wordspinner, that does essentially the same job:

Enjoy it!

Seolight, Mar 17, 2009 IP