1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $100K+ Blogging Formula: A Clickbank diary

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by zupreme, Mar 12, 2009.

I have created my first Clickbank product and it just went live!

In this thread I will chronicle my experiences as a CB publisher. I've already achieved great success as an auto-blogger and with EPN. I welcome all of you to join me in this new journey into what is, for me, uncharted waters.

See my sales page here: The $100k+ Blogging Formula

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  2. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    So it all began on 2-11-2009.

I wrote a post here on DigitalPoint that has, as of today, gotten 3,526 page views and 124 posts (the 3rd largest number of posts in the history of DP's Blogging section). That post was called "Revealed: The $100k Blogging Formula".

Although many of you will scoff at the notion now, at that time I had no intention of writing an ebook on this subject. i have been so happy with what I'm making from my blogs and from other sources that i really didn't even consider throwing my hat into the ring as a CB publisher.

So in the original post I gave a step-by-step explanation of how I had achieved my blogging income for anyone to read and follow. I didn;t really expect much response, but to my surprise the response was overwhelming.

My PM inbox was flooded with questions literally overnight and most of the questions were duplicates of one another. So after a day or two I started asking the PM'ers to post all questions to the forum so that all could benefit.

Then someone sent me a PM suggesting that I write an ebook on the subject. Another person posted something to that effect to the original thread.

After 2 similar suggestions I started thinking about it and decided to give it a shot....

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  3. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuse me for being slightly sceptical, but so many internet guru people use the kind of approach you may be using to launch this product. But if this is legit, then well done, I'm sure your product will be of great benefit to the internet marketing community.

teapoint, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  4. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know. I would think the same thing. In fact if you had told me a year ago I'd be writing this today i would have laughed - hard.

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  5. hornetss

hornetss Peon

Best Answers:
    Any Review Copies :)

hornetss, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  6. PHAZ

PHAZ Guest

Best Answers:
    FACK that header man. I need my sunglasses.

PHAZ, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  7. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry. I gave out 20 copies already under a different thread (in the Buy/Sell) forum.

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  8. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I picked a VERY bright one to make sure that it grabs the readers' attention.

But I agree. It is very very bright.;)

zupreme, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  9. IMdude2000

IMdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats really great

IMdude2000, Mar 12, 2009 IP
  10. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:
    4 in the morning and your header almost blind me. So you did get my attention. The header is too bright mate. Think about your future buyers who wear glasses.

Good luck with the diary.

megarudy, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  11. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people, like myself, would also question why you are releasing such a product when you're already making $100k per year?

teapoint, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  12. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's all to do with the marketing of plausible ideas. If you can get enough people to believe an idea is plausible, and buy in to it at a small cost, then $100K profit is quite conceivable.

ThreeGuineaWatch, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  13. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Isn't it obvious? Because I want more.

Don't you?

zupreme, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  14. Capler

Capler Peon

Best Answers:
    No matter how much you do / don't make - I would HIGHLY recommend spending $100-300 on professional graphics. Would make all the difference on that page.

My 2cp.

Capler, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  15. paganheart

paganheart Peon

Best Answers:
    good grief, it's not THAT bad. I've seen worse landing pages for CB. Much worse. But I do want to impart my 2cents. Time/money spent on nice graphics make everything seem more "legit". Tacky/loud graphics tend to make one feel that if you couldn't be bothered to make things look good and "pretty" then perhaps I can't be bothered buying your product... ;)

paganheart, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  16. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    FYI The header has changed. And yes, it was very bright.

zupreme, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  17. ddd

ddd Peon

Best Answers:
    Great...I was hoping you started the CB thread...also...I sent you a PM...good job...

ddd, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  18. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, for someone who has supposedly made $100,000 + on the internet last year, you need to spend a few dollars making a decent looking landing page.

No proof, no teaser information, poor/few testimonials...it's just not very well put together.

And P.P.P.S, we aren't all talking about this thread

dlm, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  19. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on the launch.

I have to agree with many of the posters above. Seriously, you make $100K a year, and can't afford a few hundred bucks to hire a graphic designer? The graphics you have help "set the scene" for the buyer. They frame your site in the reader's mind, and conjures up all sorts of connotations from past experience. Imagine if Amazon looked like your site... would you buy from them?

Plus, why don't you provide any proof of your expertise and income? The excuses for not providing proof are weak at best.

* ClickBank won't ever ban you for displaying screenshots of your account, and if you want to show AdSense shots you can easily black out the parts that they don't allow.

* And this one: "I don't need to". Oh yes you do. Why should I spend days putting your system into action when I don't know who you are, or whether you know what you're talking about, and have no evidence to prove to me that what you're selling me is really any good or not.

* Legitimate businesses don't provide their income proof? They do if their sales pitch and product offer is based on how much income they have made...

Believability = credibility = authority = sales. From reading the letter, I don't believe you, so I wouldn't buy. If you don't want to post up income statements, at least link to a few of your blogs, or setup an example site, or do a case study with a past customer and document THEIR earnings. There's loads of ways you can back up your claims.

Couple of other things:

Your "Take my system" link in the PS is 404.

Your PS also mentions a $5 per month coaching subscription that I can't find mention of anywhere else on the page?

Best of luck with it. Please don't take my comments the wrong way - just offering my advice to a fellow publisher :)

TigerPublishing, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  20. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    Day 3 as a CB publisher.

To date I have edited the sales page 14 times, and have changed the header twice.

As of this morning sales sit at 43 copies, not counting the pre-sales copies sold here on DP, which were 22.

So altogether that makes 65 copies sold. I'd count that as success considering that I'm new at this CB publishing game.

No affiliate sales yet, though. All sales so far have been direct, according to my records. I need to attract high powered affiliates. If I personally sold 65 copies, then I'm sure that affiliates could help me take sales through the roof.

So this evening my plan is to work on my affiliates page and to provide banners, forum sigs, and so forth. Hopefully that will help attract affiliates.

I get at least 100 emails from marketers selling other people's products every day. I wonder how I can reach those guys to get them to promote mine...

Ah well. More work to do.

zupreme, Mar 14, 2009 IP