Is Israel occupation illegal?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gkd_uk, Jan 18, 2009.

1. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what point you think you are making - but it fails due to your false assumption. There are many posts where I have been critical of Israel, but I am not going to search through thousands of my posts to please you. Here is just one that I was able to find easily since it was a thread I started. I started this thread to condemn an IDF shooting of a bound Palestinian. Time to get over yourself.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=942454

Maybe this will help show why your metric is fatally flawed:

So if a group of 100 armed men goes into a town and rapes and kills 20 women. The town then responds and kills all 100 men, you would think the 100 men were the victims because they suffered more deaths or damage?​

No wonder you are confused. The numbers do not tell you anything about right or wrong.

Not sure what you are asking. I object to people purposely targeting citizens for some claimed grievance against the US. Further, since Saudi Arabia allowed US military on its soil, it is not up to some group of terrorists to claim self-defense. You seem to have no idea what is going on it the world.

browntwn, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  2. amanamission

amanamission Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you are totally critical in this thread. In fact, every post praises Israel for...mmm, what? Pointing out its own failings? The article also said the military was casting doubt on the footage, suggesting that the strategy was deny and scapegoat. I don't recall the incident.
    But very well, you are capable of making the same muted condemnation of Israeli acts as I am of Hamas.
    Interesting that shooting someone with a rubber bullet (in the toe!) bothered you so much in June, yet 1500 dead and 5000 wounded is nothing serious now.

I suppose this guy also has no clue about world affairs.

amanamission, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  3. browntwn

Best Answers:
    I knew you would come back with something like that.

I mourn for all the Palestinians who are victims. The vast majority of Palestinians simply want to live in peace and take care of their families. That being said, they voted for Hamas who makes the destruction of Israel its center piece. Israel has every right to defend itself against Hamas attacks. That Hamas choses to purposely locate itself and its arms where Israel's efforts to respond only to Hamas will be borne by ordinary citizens is on Hamas.

Where is your condemnation of the horrific peril Hamas puts ordinary Palestinians in by operating, attacking, and storing weapons purposely with innocent civilians and in mosques? If Hamas does not care about putting its own people at risk why do you expect others to?

He just sounds like a dumbass. What does his grandma have to do with anything? I do not think WWII has anything to do with Israel's right to exist. So his point has no merit.

browntwn, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  4. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Ineffectiveness is not an excuse or justification for aggression.

LogicFlux, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  5. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So u think Israel should give all those land back? Let me just tell u, they won't give it without a good fight, thats why there always trying to create new weapons, and improve their military.

and you think Palestinians with there homemade weapons, and suicide bombers can get all those land back? some people think they can, that's why they're always fighting. But don't be surprised when the Palestinians get high casualty.

and let's say the Palestinians do improve their weapons,and they can really win, Israel can always use low-level nukes.

shahab6, Jan 25, 2009 IP
  6. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's when people like you who support Israel and give Israel the support to go and steal more land. Land which does not belong to them.

Whilst there is people like you continuing to support Israels terrorist attacks and illegal occupation, there will never be peace.

I think you need to come off the virtual world (switch off your P.C) and think about you being in the palestian situation.

Think about you land being taken away from you and what you would do to defend yourself.

gkd_uk, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  7. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can think of what you want.

I don't blame you, as you have been brain washed. You'll get to know the truth one day, i hope.

gkd_uk, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  8. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

gkd_uk, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  9. shahab6

Best Answers:

shahab6, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  10. shahab6

Best Answers:

shahab6, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  11. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    But, that's exactly how the Palestinians feel.

kaethy, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  12. shahab6

Best Answers:
    techninially they don't have it, they want to get it back.

shahab6, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  13. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    As an Israeli guy, I have too much to say regarding all the bullshit up there,
    but I will say just this:

For centuries, the british have abused various other nations and people. This related not just to the middle east, but spreads from central america to india.
    For example, a million indian slaves were sent from India to work in the sugar plantations in the carrebean, the last of whom was released just before world war II.
    Only until very recently, the british were still abusing the people in Hong-Kong.
    If it weren't sad, it would have been ridiculous and pathetic, that a uk citizen would preach about "illegal" and "moral" to the people to the jewish people, the most prosecuted and hunted people of the last 2,000 years, that finally has a home again?

Well... ok... I tried not to reply to bullshit but I really can't not to reply to this:

Resolution 487: strongly condemns Israel for its attack on Iraq's
    nuclear facility.

That was in 1982. Imagine what would happen if saddam hussein would invade Kuwait 8 years later, when possesing nuclear weapons? or imagine, instead of 2 million dead in the Iraq-Iran war, how many dead would there be if saddam, who was not afraid to use chemical weapons, would have nuclear weapons?

The UN is a worthless organization. It promotes the interests of the rich countries. It is a disgrace to humanity, that dark dictatorships like cuba, syria, turkemenistan etc' have the same voice like the US or Switzerland or whatever.

ChaosTrivia, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  14. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    I m not sure if I should reply this, because it's very obvious that Palestinians are not rich, and that it's wrong to punish Arabs for European antisemitism, and that US in UN has not the same voice as Syria or Cuba... or that Saddam been a good US ally when Israel hit it's nuclear facilities, and Israel now is a good US ally, similar case?

I am not sure also in which way all this give the illegal state of Israel the right to expel people from their own home land and continue it's illegal occupation!

Israel came by a decision of UN, true UN is worthless, it is an environment to practice dictatorship by some who claim they are democratic, this beside being used in many cases as a cover for Israeli terrorism and war crimes.

imad, Jan 26, 2009 IP
  15. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    I dont know why you say that Israel is "Illegal". It is illegal under which law of set of rules?
    How is Jordan, or the poor dark dictatorship of syria where the alawi minority rule and terrorize the other ethnic groups, or kuwait, or basically all the other countries in the region more "legal" than Israel?
    Why use meaningless words?

I dont understand what the historical antisimitism in Europe has to do with the recent conflict, nor do I understand what you were trying to say about Saddam Hussein.

ChaosTrivia, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  16. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    under this law:

imad, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  17. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    I dont see a law here.

I see another worthless, meaningless, waste of time resolution, of a worthless, meaningless, waste of time organization called "The United Nations".

I am not talking only about Israel. I am talking about the whole world. What did the UN do to stop the massacre of 250,000 people in darfour?

A UN resolution that is not even worth the paper its written on, is not a "law".

A Law is a system of rules, enforced through a set of institutions, used as an instrument to underpin civil obedience, politics, economics and society. (wikipedia)

Nice link at the bottom of your page. Too bad that was 60 years ago. The year today is 2009. Wake up. There are problems of today to solve, then we can talk about the past.

ChaosTrivia, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  18. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, let's get rid of UN and all it's resolutions, including the resolution that created Israel.

imad, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  19. browntwn

Best Answers:
    It makes no difference. Israel exists. It is not just something on a piece of paper. Israel has made peace with its neighbors and once the Palestinians are ready to do so as well, they can join their other neighbors who manage to live in peace with each other.

Why the Palestinians don't already have a state already is absurd. They need to make the best deal possible and get on with it already. Seriously, are the Palestinians really going to deny themselves a state until they can beat Israel in a war for the possibility of a little more than they might end with negotiating peacefully

browntwn, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  20. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Brwntown, one of the bigger problems here is that there might not be much os a palestine to be free anyways later on if the israeli government keeps building settlements by the zillions on internationally recognized palestinian land. Does this bother you some bit and isnt it one of the main contributing factors that is leading to this escalation.

pingpong123, Feb 5, 2009 IP