1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My journal on how i got my first 30$ day!!!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by diego018, Dec 6, 2007.

hi dp members. i want to share sometips with you today, maybe this will help you on your way to make money with adsense.
    Im making about 30$ to 40$ a day with adsense with 2 blogs at this moment. i know that its not that much, but i know that many of you are just making 1$ a day!!
    yes, i was like them, 4 months ago i was making 1to 3$ a day with adsense. I had a free mobile downloads site, i used to search for downloads, upload them to my site, and then i commented on mobile forums to get traffic. But that required a lot of time and work. So i decided to learn some seo. I remember i got a SEO report from some forum (i dont have anymore that report, and i dont remember its name :D) and i started to learn how search engines work. I spent a weekend reading this report. Then i closed it, and said "its crap".

Then, on that month, i bought another domain, this time my proyect was making a music review blog. I got by someway linked by an authority site, and started to receive some traffic from search engines ( i saw this on my analytics account) i was getting 10 visits a day for a "KEYWORD". Then i decided to search that keyword on google, and i found that i was on page 3 of the serps. When i saw that, i decided to start aplying seo techniques, and started to build links.

HOW I STARTED TO BUILD LINKS.

I went to a little forum, where people starting on making money online chat. I looked that they were exchanging links, but they were asking for pagerank. i saw that my new blog has pagerank0, so i searched in my bloglist (of blogspot) and found that i had a blog of pr4!!!
    that was just amazing, i had never touch that blog, and it had pr4. So i made link exchanges (3-way), and asked the other webmasters to place my anchor text, i got 10 different keyword phrases to my blog.
    But, i saw my stats, and i had the same visits. I was dissapointed. This is a common mistake, you expect to be on the first pages of the serps with just few days. Serps requires some time.

So, i decided to left that blog, and with my pr4 blog, i started to sell blogposts. i remember that i was selling them for around 5$, and i remember that i got about 150$ USD by selling links and posts. That was great!

Then, about a month later, i decided to check my analytics, and i noted that i was having 500 uniques/day!!! yes, i was getting traffic from search engines, so i decided to place adsense ads on my blog. and i was getting 5$ a day from that!

So i started to build more links to my site. As i spent all my paypal money on hosting (and a pair of ray-ban too:D) i decided to build links commenting on blogs. i got some sitewide links, and got about 600 links to domain and blogposts in about 1 month. then, some weeks later, i was receiving 1000 uniques/day to my blog! and i started to make about 10$ a day, i also wrote a thread about that on dp forums.

thats it.
    then, i repeated the whole process with another blog (this time i did keyword research, etc) , and now im getting minimum 30$ a day.
    and as im a student, i only spend about 5 hours a week building links and making content.
    my goal is still to make 100$ a day, i know that its possible, and i know that i can make more!
    check also how i got extra 5$ on my adsense on my blog.

Of course this isnt my entire journal, i dont remember all the things i make. just one more thing, i bought joelcomm adsense ebook, and i learned a lot about adsense optimization, some tips are also on my blog.
    i would like to help you guys, just as someothers helped me getting to 30$ a day!!

diego018, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    netjobs and jasonsc like this.
  2. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, a good journey for you. Good luck and hope you can share more about your latest journey toward $100 from adsense per day here.

surfaddict, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  3. ganeshkgiri

ganeshkgiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for shareing.i m very intesting about this

ganeshkgiri, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  4. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good one. I hope the newbies learn from your experience.

godmode, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  5. caj

caj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty interesting. Good works

caj, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  6. appu

appu Active Member

Best Answers:
    thnks this is one post which i really found useful.....
    thnks again man

appu, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  7. yh1988

yh1988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i would like to see blog.
    Can u give me the address??
    May be u can PM me.

yh1988, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  8. Riot Web Media

Riot Web Media Guest

Best Answers:
    Good article but your link gives me a 404!

Riot Web Media, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  9. twodogs

twodogs Banned

Best Answers:
    godmode yes im trying.

twodogs, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  10. evorod

evorod Active Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

evorod, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. mrichards1984

mrichards1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm.. interesting.. what amazes me is only 5 hours/week to build the content as well as build links and yet $30/day AMAZING!! Can you please share your secrets?? like how much time you put on content and how often you update? and also your link building strategies? :)

mrichards1984, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  12. diego018

diego018 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my secrets? theres no one.
    you have to find keywords of 2 or 3 words (dont try to target weight loss) where theres no or little competition.

the content... mm... i like to read other people articles, then, with my own words and a personal touch, i start writing my content, maybe i write 2 posts a week, for about 1 or less hour.
    but i spend more time building links commenting on some list of blogs that i know that pass me juice! i spend here about 2 or 3 hours a week.
    another tip: build links slowly, dont get 500 backlinks in one day, sES like websites that grow slowly.

thnks other ones for your replies, rep apreciated. :D that makes me write more tips and tricks...

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
    Tulumbo likes this.
  13. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    comment on blogs? What blogs?

One more, do you use any keyword tool? What keyword tool then?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  14. diego018

Best Answers:
    i use first google adwords keyword tool for brainstorming, then niche inspector for estimate number of searches.

i dont spend a buck on link building, i just get them for free.

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  15. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what is niche inspector? And how could you find those blogs? From where?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  16. ValleyMan

ValleyMan Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats mate!! I hope to reach that level soon

ValleyMan, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  17. diego018

Best Answers:

niche inspector is a software that will help you discover niches with low competition.
    i have found those blogs by just searching on google, and tracking them to see witch ones are more efficient.

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  18. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    comment post? So how many comment blog posts, are you sure it will boost your SERPs? I think there are many blogs who won't publish link.

One more question, you said you got 2,000 uniques per day? How many percentage from SEs? 50%?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  19. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not mean to be rude but you could have paragraphed that post a little bit better. :)

Dean_Saliba, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  20. wiseassoffice

wiseassoffice Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like writing better content would be a more efficient way to make your $10. In one year my site is a PR5 with thousands of inbound links, because of doing nothing more than writing great content people want to read and posting to forums and social networks. I bet if you spent more time on ad placement and design you would do even better. Good Luck!

wiseassoffice, Dec 7, 2007 IP