My journal on how i got my first 30$ day!!!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by diego018, Dec 6, 2007.

hi dp members. i want to share sometips with you today, maybe this will help you on your way to make money with adsense.
    Im making about 30$ to 40$ a day with adsense with 2 blogs at this moment. i know that its not that much, but i know that many of you are just making 1$ a day!!
    yes, i was like them, 4 months ago i was making 1to 3$ a day with adsense. I had a free mobile downloads site, i used to search for downloads, upload them to my site, and then i commented on mobile forums to get traffic. But that required a lot of time and work. So i decided to learn some seo. I remember i got a SEO report from some forum (i dont have anymore that report, and i dont remember its name :D) and i started to learn how search engines work. I spent a weekend reading this report. Then i closed it, and said "its crap".

Then, on that month, i bought another domain, this time my proyect was making a music review blog. I got by someway linked by an authority site, and started to receive some traffic from search engines ( i saw this on my analytics account) i was getting 10 visits a day for a "KEYWORD". Then i decided to search that keyword on google, and i found that i was on page 3 of the serps. When i saw that, i decided to start aplying seo techniques, and started to build links.

HOW I STARTED TO BUILD LINKS.

I went to a little forum, where people starting on making money online chat. I looked that they were exchanging links, but they were asking for pagerank. i saw that my new blog has pagerank0, so i searched in my bloglist (of blogspot) and found that i had a blog of pr4!!!
    that was just amazing, i had never touch that blog, and it had pr4. So i made link exchanges (3-way), and asked the other webmasters to place my anchor text, i got 10 different keyword phrases to my blog.
    But, i saw my stats, and i had the same visits. I was dissapointed. This is a common mistake, you expect to be on the first pages of the serps with just few days. Serps requires some time.

So, i decided to left that blog, and with my pr4 blog, i started to sell blogposts. i remember that i was selling them for around 5$, and i remember that i got about 150$ USD by selling links and posts. That was great!

Then, about a month later, i decided to check my analytics, and i noted that i was having 500 uniques/day!!! yes, i was getting traffic from search engines, so i decided to place adsense ads on my blog. and i was getting 5$ a day from that!

So i started to build more links to my site. As i spent all my paypal money on hosting (and a pair of ray-ban too:D) i decided to build links commenting on blogs. i got some sitewide links, and got about 600 links to domain and blogposts in about 1 month. then, some weeks later, i was receiving 1000 uniques/day to my blog! and i started to make about 10$ a day, i also wrote a thread about that on dp forums.

thats it.
    then, i repeated the whole process with another blog (this time i did keyword research, etc) , and now im getting minimum 30$ a day.
    and as im a student, i only spend about 5 hours a week building links and making content.
    my goal is still to make 100$ a day, i know that its possible, and i know that i can make more!
    check also how i got extra 5$ on my adsense on my blog.

Of course this isnt my entire journal, i dont remember all the things i make. just one more thing, i bought joelcomm adsense ebook, and i learned a lot about adsense optimization, some tips are also on my blog.
    i would like to help you guys, just as someothers helped me getting to 30$ a day!!

diego018, Dec 6, 2007 IP
    netjobs and jasonsc like this.
  2. surfaddict

surfaddict Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, a good journey for you. Good luck and hope you can share more about your latest journey toward $100 from adsense per day here.

surfaddict, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  3. ganeshkgiri

ganeshkgiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for shareing.i m very intesting about this

ganeshkgiri, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  4. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good one. I hope the newbies learn from your experience.

godmode, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  5. caj

caj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty interesting. Good works

caj, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  6. appu

appu Active Member

Best Answers:
    thnks this is one post which i really found useful.....
    thnks again man

appu, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  7. yh1988

yh1988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i would like to see blog.
    Can u give me the address??
    May be u can PM me.

yh1988, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  8. Riot Web Media

Riot Web Media Guest

Best Answers:
    Good article but your link gives me a 404!

Riot Web Media, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  9. twodogs

twodogs Banned

Best Answers:
    godmode yes im trying.

twodogs, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  10. evorod

evorod Active Member

Best Answers:
    I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.

evorod, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. mrichards1984

mrichards1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm.. interesting.. what amazes me is only 5 hours/week to build the content as well as build links and yet $30/day AMAZING!! Can you please share your secrets?? like how much time you put on content and how often you update? and also your link building strategies? :)

mrichards1984, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  12. diego018

diego018 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my secrets? theres no one.
    you have to find keywords of 2 or 3 words (dont try to target weight loss) where theres no or little competition.

the content... mm... i like to read other people articles, then, with my own words and a personal touch, i start writing my content, maybe i write 2 posts a week, for about 1 or less hour.
    but i spend more time building links commenting on some list of blogs that i know that pass me juice! i spend here about 2 or 3 hours a week.
    another tip: build links slowly, dont get 500 backlinks in one day, sES like websites that grow slowly.

thnks other ones for your replies, rep apreciated. :D that makes me write more tips and tricks...

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
    Tulumbo likes this.
  13. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    comment on blogs? What blogs?

One more, do you use any keyword tool? What keyword tool then?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  14. diego018

Best Answers:
    i use first google adwords keyword tool for brainstorming, then niche inspector for estimate number of searches.

i dont spend a buck on link building, i just get them for free.

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  15. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    what is niche inspector? And how could you find those blogs? From where?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  16. ValleyMan

ValleyMan Banned

Best Answers:
    Congrats mate!! I hope to reach that level soon

ValleyMan, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  17. diego018

Best Answers:

niche inspector is a software that will help you discover niches with low competition.
    i have found those blogs by just searching on google, and tracking them to see witch ones are more efficient.

diego018, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  18. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    comment post? So how many comment blog posts, are you sure it will boost your SERPs? I think there are many blogs who won't publish link.

One more question, you said you got 2,000 uniques per day? How many percentage from SEs? 50%?

wokaka, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  19. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do not mean to be rude but you could have paragraphed that post a little bit better. :)

Dean_Saliba, Dec 7, 2007 IP
  20. wiseassoffice

wiseassoffice Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like writing better content would be a more efficient way to make your $10. In one year my site is a PR5 with thousands of inbound links, because of doing nothing more than writing great content people want to read and posting to forums and social networks. I bet if you spent more time on ad placement and design you would do even better. Good Luck!

wiseassoffice, Dec 7, 2007 IP