1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do yoDo you think this is a good idea, and Google should use (integrate) it into

Discussion in 'Google' started by Pros, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Do you think this is a good idea, and Google should use (integrate) it into Chrome?

1. Yes, I do.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I do not.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    For me it is always a problem when i accidentally X the Chrome browser window (slick interface recalls copies of old "win2k" programs that had a full topbar lol), or if my power goes off or something, that my tabs are gone..

It seems obvious to me.. FireFox has it, and if we could just put that into a setting to "autosave/autorestore" that would save me a (well relatively , only a little) headache that is still far unnecessary in my opinion.

Who else is with me? Google Chrome probably cannot put weight on individual user's "reports" if the data collected is truly anonymous right?

If anyone sees this is something that could benefit Chrome,
    (tip:to not have to read this paragraph, click this link and paste the next paragraph (in bold) into what comes up when you click there in Chrome: http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/278/okayy.png) please (in Google Chrome) go to the "Page" icon (right beside the "GO" arrow at the right of the link (URL) bar, then at the bottom of the menu click "Report bug or broken website" then just put this next line in, or any part of it, or something similar, whatever is relevant, though if you link them to the thread, it will be better.

Please add an "AutoRestore Tabs on/off" feature for Chrome. See: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1758321

That is what you paste in there, just submit, and we're on our way to a better place to be. (you can send a SS if you want:cool:)

Now, if you agree that this is a good idea (say you use FireFox and it is common sense) please help us Chromers, just vote in the poll! Regardless of what browser you use, comment and see if we can use a force like this (DP) to make a difference to companies (like Google), and us who they serve(;))!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    Pros, Apr 6, 2010 IP
  2. pankajdeoria

pankajdeoria Banned

Best Answers:
    You can recover all of them when you accidentally close the browser. Open a new browser by clicking + symbol then use this:
    Press Ctrl+Shift+T repeatedly to reopen the last 10 tabs you closed.

You can recover all the closed tab recently.

pankajdeoria, Apr 6, 2010 IP
    Pros likes this.
  3. Pros

Pros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the shortcut, but I keep more than 10 tabs open at almost all times.. Sometimes I have multiple windows also, and so in a power outage this may not work (Chrome hardly even notes the crashes as "crashes" - which would activate the auto autorestore..in theory)

Pros, Apr 6, 2010 IP