1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned Vs Account Suspended

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by NeoGen, Nov 4, 2006.

Hi,

We have been noticing few members getting banned. All of us do wonder why that user was suspended, was it due to infractions or completely illegal activity like duplicate account, cheating etc...

My suggestion, can we have two kinds of info:

1) Account Suspended - This would mean that a person is going through temporary ban (may be for one year) due to infractions or so
    2) Banned - Means permanent ban from DP

Just my suggestion and I might be wrong here.

If this has been discussed or posted previously please excuse and direct me towards that thread.

NeoGen, Nov 4, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What's the difference and who cares? If they were kicked out it was because they deserved it and the forum is best without them, doesn't matter if it is suspended, ended, terminated or whatever you want to call it

fryman, Nov 4, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  3. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    You'll never know unless you ask them. And odds are, as a wise man once said...

Sorry, not gonna happen. :)

Nintendo, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  4. jaree

jaree Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think thats a good idea. Reason is that i have had few business deals with people who were banned here now i would like to know why was that ban for to better understand if i should do deal with them or not. If they are banned for having bad business practices like false itrader i would not deal and if it is just a forum thing then if i am getting a good deal i would not mind doing business with them so IMO it is great idea :)

jaree, Nov 4, 2006 IP
    Seiya likes this.
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Anyone who wants to get hold of them 'because they've done business with them' should just email or IM them, or send them a snail mail letter. If you've been silly enough to do business without any form of contact outside DP then good luck with your career!

T0PS3O, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
  7. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Appreciate... I have seen these threads, my suggestion is not create any chart or specify why any user is banned...

My suggestion is more to differentiate between terminated users and banned users... whatever the reason might be...

In case while terminating an user, if you kill the account and delete the userid, then its a different thing. In that case this post/my suggestion doesn't have any value..

NeoGen, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  8. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Accounts only get terminated when they are merged into other accounts.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  9. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think members who are banned are informed why they are banned , how many days and because of whome they are banned.We can ask them for more info.

yes members who are banned are banned we should again think about them only when they come back.

we cant know why they get banned but is there any change to know how many times they where banned?.How it will be if u leave small itrader type feedback it will help not to get cross them because u know others may think both are like that.It will be really good if u say suspended or banned completely .

seo-mumbai, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Just

Worry

About

Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy_Rob, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  11. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Just

stop

making

gaps

in

lines!!

Robert Allen, Nov 5, 2006 IP
    NeoGen likes this.
  12. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh no probs i will take matter what he was trying to say.If he put more gaps that is not probe.

seo-mumbai, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    If you see someone with banned under them just stay away from them =] Its not too hard to abide by the rules.

Seiya, Nov 5, 2006 IP
    jaree likes this.
  14. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What's with the blind faith? Just curious.

I think the original question does have some merit. While it is true that making business decisions solely based on DP contact might not be the best idea, there is indeed a a ton of business that is transacted via this website. There is a huge difference between getting banned for iTrader falsification vs for just being a jerk, or not being smart enough not to bump posts, etc.

For instance, I know someone who was recently banned due to supposedly having duplicate accounts. He told me he doesn't, and I tend to believe him, but that is neither here nor there (I did ask a mod to look into it at his request, no idea of the outcome though). However, despite him still having positive iTrader rep, and no negative feedback, that didn't stop speculation that he was banned for being a fraud. Sure, it's just speculation, but it's publicly posted comments that do affect peoples views.

Is someone who is banned for bad business practices (if that is indeed a banning offense) allowed to retain their iTrader rep? If so, maybe that should be looked into.

Honestly, what is the harm in making the Banned flag a little more verbose anyways? I mean, yeah, public flogging of someone should be avoided, of course, but they already carry a label, ya know?

Just my opinion.

-Michael

mvandemar, Nov 5, 2006 IP
    Mia and PinotNoir like this.