1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IE 7 Sucks

Discussion in 'Bing' started by jawednazarali, Nov 3, 2006.

I would say IE7 sucks, I upgraded both firefox 2.0 and IE 7 and you know what few of my application stopped working in IE 7 but they are working fine in firefox 2.0.

Don't they just give a compatible browser to end users? Which has standard implementations. IE 6 and IE 7 are not compatible, things working well in IE 6 are not working well in IE 7. Why Micro$oft don't make their own products compatible with each other?

We just got another change request from client to make the application compatible with IE 7 and that wasn't included in the plan? So, IE sucks, I would vote for FF if you talk about standard implementations of WEB technologies.

If you are facing the same share your views.

jawednazarali, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  2. eko

eko Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft sucks alltogether I would say NOONE should use IE because in IE6 there are tons of exploits but now IE7 will have a more with it. :p

eko, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. sagar

sagar Guest

Best Answers:
    I have seen some threads where people are thinking FF2 sucks due to bugs and all. I personally using IE7 finding it better than FF but I do not need those extensions :)

sagar, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  4. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried IE7 yet but it's going to be a real pain if it's not backwards compatible with IE6, I guess I better get on and install it and start testing. Unfortunately with browsers you can't argue with user stats so IE7 is still going to remain the most important browser for web designers to test with.

Rgds

accel, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  5. lloydi

lloydi Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, in their defence (and I am a FF user, BTW) IE's project team have taken a brave decision - IE7 sucks a whole lot less because they fixed *numerous* CSS bugs that were present in v6 and previous. They have actually address a lot of the issues that web developers the world over had criticised them for and they documented all these changes, and furthermore requested a long time in advance of the final release that developers read this info [2], and prepare for IE7's CSS rendering changes. They've been brave because they knew that there would be sites that used incorrect CSS, CSS hacks and so on that would break under the new browser and were prepared to take the flack.

So, yes IE6 and IE7 are different - IE6 had many faults, IE7 has fixed loads of them - now it's up to the developer to address the fact that things have changed.

Everyone has had a lot of time to prepare. If your site is breaking, read up and put it right just like countless others have. It's all too easy to say IE7 sucks.

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/08/22/712830.aspx
    [2] http://www.webstandards.org/2006/07/13/internet-explorer-7-readiness-toolkit/

lloydi, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    debunked likes this.
  6. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    Bloody hell do we need more Firefox lovers, If I went around saying that Firefoxs sucks I would get all hell onto me, it is clear that IE6 had lots of issues but Firefox had them to, granted not a mass scale but it clearly is not worth it for a spyware vendor to use exploits on a browser that most people don't use, and lets remember even if they did it would be pointless as most people that use Firefox are tech savy and know how to uninstall spyware. IE7 has been in public beta for ages and is pretty much CSS freindly so if your site is not working its YOUR site, you should of been testing many months ago and not waited this long. IE7 is a good browser, and much better than Firefox IMO but you don't hear me saying FF sucks, so if your going to tell me Firefox sucks, bloody explain why! And quotes such as "bill gates sucks" are pefectic, esp now that Bill Gates does not run Microsoft. Gee guys, get a life!

TVCokeCan, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    Help Desk and nickr like this.
  7. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think IE7 is better now, all the bugsd have been fixed like margin sizes doubling and now if your site looks different in firefox basically you know your a bad coder.

Silver89, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  8. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I love IE7 myself.
    I also like Opera.
    No comment about FF because I don't want a bunch of red reps from the fanboys.

ly2, Nov 3, 2006 IP
    Reuben likes this.
  9. lloydi

lloydi Peon

Best Answers:
    How often does this subject title pop up then? I suppose we shouldn't feed the trolls ;-)

lloydi, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  10. kausik

kausik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why IE 7 suck ? Now it's not in beta. It's working well. Firefox is awsome :) You can't compare any thing with it.

kausik, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  11. TVCokeCan

TVCokeCan Peon

Best Answers:
    How is firefox more 'awsome' than IE7, I feel people saying firefox is alsome is like people saying Ipod is, and just trying to conform with the views of everyone else.

TVCokeCan, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  12. lloydi

lloydi Peon

Best Answers:
    Thre is a lot of people blindly following. For me, the killer thing with Firefox is the extensions and, in particular, the Web Developer Toolbar. So really when I say that I love FF, I really mean "I love the FF and Web Dev Toolbar combo". Honestly, it doesn't matter that there are faster and nicer looking browsers on the Mac (e.g. Camino, Omniweb) with some really nice features, none of them have that magic toolbar.

Should I mention that I also own an iPod? ;-)

At least my drive is old skool! [http://vwkombi.com/]

lloydi, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  13. abiji

abiji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actuyslly everyone chooses browser according to their needs.. I am using ie6 and i have no problem with that. FF is ok and IE7 is also good. But its alltogether ones personal choice. I have used FF and IE7 and i have never encountered any problem, though FF crashed 2wice but nothing i would hate it.

abiji, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  14. widewebtalk

widewebtalk Peon

Best Answers:
    I didnt like IE7 to begin with but after a while of using it i got to like it alot would have been nice to see built in spyware remover.

widewebtalk, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  15. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i deffinatly agree with the web developer toolbar comment it does have some every usefull features. Also being able to validate and check your sites coding quickly is usefull

Silver89, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  16. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using IE7 for a few months and liked it at first -- until FF2 was released. For some reason after updating IE7 and updating to FF2 - I can't stand using IE7 anymore.

I'd rather use Opera and FF2, for now. Plus FF2 looks, feels and functions like a commercial product now while IE seems to be going the opposite way, in my opinion.

No, I'm not a "fanboy" but we all know there's just as many "IE Fanboys" as FF and they're steadily showing up in here using that term "fanboy"... ironic, isn't it?

clenard, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  17. jawednazarali

jawednazarali Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems I have put up wrong words in the subject, I regret it but I couldn't resist my rage that after so much IE hacks things done now I have to change all those steps again to make it compatible with new version and when you don't have time to do than you are more angry?

I have observed that Microsoft has always try to implement its own standards rather than following the standards, that is pretty much painful for developer. What you have to say on this?

My question wasn't about the personal choice, it was about the problems faced by web developers. When you are developing large web application for a multi national company you have to keep watch on the browsers compatibility with the application. In my career I haven't done different things for different version and variants of Mozilla browsers but I have to fix different problems for different IE versions thats hectic. End user always enjoys the application but it is pretty hard to understand how tough that job was.

jawednazarali, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  18. tonyrich

tonyrich Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny but for me .I am loving the new 1E7 .It's very fast with computer compared to FF. However when I'm doing serious work I use FF. I still don't trust 1E7 that much

tonyrich, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  19. marksworld

marksworld Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree, I hate it.

marksworld, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  20. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's nice but all my favorites are gone, where do I change its settings?

ludwig, Nov 4, 2006 IP