1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Teach me how to use myspace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mad4, May 11, 2006.

OK, I have never used myspace (I'm 25) but people are always saying there is money to be made.

Lets say I have a website which I want to promote to the thousands of people on myspace who really want my products. How would I do this?

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  2. latehorn

latehorn Guest

Best Answers:
    Make codes for myspace profiles and get tons of backlinks.

latehorn, May 11, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to make any new sites or start a site helping myspace users. I just want to market one of my sites to loads of people on myspace. :confused:

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  4. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create a MySpace account, and add tons of friends. Or just buy a MySpace account with tons of friends already on it!

BlueDevilMedia, May 11, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  5. froghat

froghat Peon

Best Answers:
    Mad4, I started doing what you want to do a few weeks ago. Basically I went to the most popular myspace baseball group and started adding members to my friends account. I have a sports site so I send out bulletins alerting them of new sports articles I have up. I'm not sure how successful this will be but at least my site will be seen by teens and young adults. I guess I'll see in a few months. So far I added about 1000 people and the baseball group has like 46,000 members. Long way to go :) This is tough work, sure seems like no matter how much advertising you do it all comes down to word of mouth. Until people start linking to your site and such it's a slow march to getting that traffic

froghat, May 11, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  6. eklim8

eklim8 Peon

Best Answers:
    will that breach the rule?

eklim8, May 11, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Some good information so far. Has anyone had any good results in either sales, traffic or backlinks that they would like to share?

I will be taking my first visit to myspace.com tonight. :eek:

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  8. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat as Mad4 ... i don't understand how a myspace account leads to sales?

LaCabra, May 11, 2006 IP
  9. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just registered with myspace now. I have my own page.

Do I add as many people as possible to be my friends and then spam them all?:confused: Is this frowned upon? Please help with the myspace etiquette.:)

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  10. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I could help you out. I know of a auto friend adder program that is real useful. You could have 500 friends a day. I use myspace to promote my myspace codes site. Here is my profile so far... http://myspace.com/myspace_magic

As you can see I have 1000 friends some. I ocassionaly send bulletins when ever I add somethign new to my site. A lot of people use friend trains to get friends although I don't think they work. Although they will get your friend amount up most of the peopl you will get use trains. Since they use trains they use bulletins a lot and if they have a lot of friends will most likely never see your bulletins or ads.

johniman7, May 11, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am grateful for any help I can get. It took me 5 attempts to even register since the form is so shit. All that cash and they can't even be arsed to add some JS/AJAX validation.

Anyway if somebody wants to help me send spam to my new friends.........

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  12. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:

Coool ... kinda funny to see "Patrick has 2 friends" ... I don't have any!;)

Mad4 can I suggest something ... since you are starting from scratch, and your posts are of great quality, you may want to document the journey, tips etc on a blog or as a final ebook or something. :eek:

LaCabra, May 11, 2006 IP
  13. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I am just about to post in the Services forum to see what sorts of prices people charge to do this stuff for you. Outsourcing to an expert seems to be the best way to make myspace work for me.

I will certainly keep you posted about any traffic/sales though.:)

Edit: here is my service request

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  14. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mad4 ... I just can't wrap my head around what all the fuss is and how people actually make money using myspace .... but hey what do I know ... i'm getting too old for this stuff (40 on the 28th) :)

LaCabra, May 11, 2006 IP
  15. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is so much money to be made then how come there are no adwords adverts for myspace or myspace advertising?

According to the keyword tool I can get position 1 with 8p per click.

mad4, May 11, 2006 IP
  16. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This post made me open myspace account too ;) Thanks MAD4

btw : How come i already have one friend hehe .... will follow your path mad4 and we will se how it is going ... me too have yet to figure out this myspace thing

iatbm, May 11, 2006 IP
  17. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the form is a pain in the arse. Their password requirements are such bs too.

I have an account with 1000 friends i can "whore you out to". Also I would be willing to do some of that work for you. I'm not sure what you meant baout hiring someone for. Do you wnat to buy an account with lots of friends?

I can also give you a link to that auto friend adder although jsut a note of warning that is against myspace rules. Like today I made this halo site. I found a halo related group and gathered 300 people from their lists. Then I used the auto messanger to send them a message about hte new site. HOw is that for free targeted advertising :p

johniman7, May 11, 2006 IP
  18. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a myspace account too, to see what all the fuzz is about. I am still puzzled by the whole thing.
    Lots of people are claiming to drive tons of traffic to their sites through myspace. Hm.
    One of my sites is a photography site. Myspace users used to hotlink my wallpapers for backgrounds (blocked now, took several GB/day) and other pictures for their pages. I was wondering how I could turn that into backlinks (basically blocking them until they link). Is there a script out there that does this? I don't want to have a giant list of profiles in my .htaccess file.

Otherwise I am still puzzled about how to add friends and how to turn myspace into backlinks or send out bulletins.
    I slapped a few things on my profile, but I am not sure how to continue now:
    http://myspace.com/andre_photo

Andre

andre75, May 11, 2006 IP
  19. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Andre try this for your hotlinking problem.

I guess I really want to either send a message to loads of people to test the response OR pay somebody to make me loads of friends so I can spam them.:D

mad4, May 12, 2006 IP
  20. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right so I am on myspace waiting for some kids on this forum to help me. Normally there are kids offering to do anything for any price but as soon as I mention paying somebody to use myspace everything goes quiet. :confused:

Anyway I got spammed today :D by people wanting me to join their groups on myspace. So I guess I should set up a group about my products and then start spamming to get new members. Once I have some members I can spam them with newsletters.

mad4, May 12, 2006 IP
    mihaidamianov likes this.