1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me to choose a particular part of the website title

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tayiper, Oct 7, 2006.

Hello all, my main website variant: "index.html" is titled "Tadej's website" for some time now (recently changed to "Tadej's computing website" though), while the futile/not-updated-anymore variants's titles begin with "Ivan's homepage" (see here for example: "index.html"), while for other past titles see the "website.html" page, btw. previously I was using "homepage" instead of "website" for a long time.

And so yesterday after making a few searches: Google Search: Tadej's website, Google Search: Tadej's homepage, Google Search: Ivan's website, Google Search: Ivan's homepage, I've discovered that I in fact have a sort of a "competitors" I wasn't aware of until yesterday.

So now I started to think about changing the word "website" in a title of my main variants to something else (again, the main variants are the ones being titled "Tadej's website")

Anyway, I was thinking in terms like: "Tadej's domain", "Tadej's realm", "Tadej's corner" etc. (of course, I will first check them with Google), so what do you think about them in general ??

P.S. -- Also see the About the style of titles of separate pages thread, which is another such interesing "website title related" thread that I've opened here on Digital Point forums.

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 7, 2006 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use only the website name and nothing else ... it's more SEO friendly to me...
    You are working so hard on those sites, keep it up I love your classic page style, I really miss those pages ...

wissam, Oct 7, 2006 IP
    tayiper likes this.
  3. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply ...

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 8, 2006 IP
  4. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, then maybe just one more thing, i.e. which is better in your opinion: my website being titled "Tadej's website" or "Tadej's computing website" ??

You know, I thought to add "computing" word so that it's already obvious from the title what the site is all about !!

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course, Tadej's computing website is better. Why you want to add the word "website" in the title?

hhheng, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  6. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but what else to put there instead? I mean there must be: "Tadej's computing *something*" (where "something" is a noun like "website", "corner", "place" etc. as mentioned in one of the posts above)

tayiper

tayiper, Oct 10, 2006 IP