1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ZuneUser.com - Nearly 900 Uniques per day - ACTIVE FORUM - $$Revenue$$

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GeorgeB., Jan 29, 2007.

1. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Sorry but he's right. x18 is the absolute max most would pay. That's almost half of your reserve. If it's such a good site, monetize it better, get it up to ~75 a month, and try for 1,000.

Rub3X, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah this must be my first sale. I have no idea how to value a site. I should just sell it for $500 even though that's less than the sum of all the licenses for software the site is running.... yeah, that's good advice. Thanks.

But considering $500 is the cost of a custom skin these days at this level of quality I'd actually lose $500 on top of that.

You know what forget all that... I'll sell it just based on the current revenue alone and ignore all those other factors.

Whew, glad you came along. Can I add you to MSN for advice on site valuation in the future because you're obviously someone who knows what they're talking about.

GeorgeB., Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. Cashable

Cashable Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I love it, all you guys with zero trades here telling George what he should sell his site for. Granted, he doesn't have the income, but he is providing nearly $700 worth of software/templates, plus good traffic. $1,000 is not overpriced at all, and I would expect this to sell for more than that. If it were a site in my area, I would be all over it. A bit of work on the forums, they will explode. Not everything is about income, potential is valuable as well.

I bought a site last month, had a ton of traffic, well, about 500 per day. Making no money at all. I did a redesign, some promotion, and I have already paid for it in less than a month. Everyone else had a shot at it, no one would buy it because it had no income. Get your heads out of your arse. If you want to buy the site, make an offer, if not, go bug someone else.

Cashable, Jan 29, 2007 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  4. damien

damien Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will offer 500

damien, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Exactly... Thanks Cashable. The last thing I'm gonna do is sell the site for a few hundred dollars and let someone flip it and start earnign revenue when it hits page one in google for keyword "Zune". :)

I already have interested parties via PM whom I've PMed live stats to.

I'm just toying around with these broke tire kickers to keep my thread bumped :D

6. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I strongly believe that this will be the highest offer. I'm looking at the stats and will let you know about the minimum price.

clade, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  7. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with you 100%. I DO think that your site's need for a little patch work is what is making some people devalue the package. It's also very slow, at least from here.

Remember that it's possible that it might not be worth it to sell your site to these buyers. It's ultimately your choice whether you want to almost take a loss on it and just rid yourself of the site and move onto other projects. The choice is yours.

slinky, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Site also comes with the Zune User myspace account www.myspace.com/zuneuser

I had just started building it up so I could promote it in the large Zune user groups.

9. lordmenace

lordmenace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lordmenace, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  10. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    clade, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  11. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My offer is $550.

clade, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  12. Rub3X

Rub3X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Rub3X, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  13. phpexpert

phpexpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As much as I know that’s what George does. Purchase sites, make them nice and profitable and sell them. It doesn't matter how much he paid for it. The guy who sold it ... may be didn't know the value of the site or needed money or something. I don't understand why all you guys continue posting your lowball bids when it is so clear posted that the starting bid is $1000. If you don't think the site is worth that much, just close the thread. George did not ask for your opinion.
    Also forums are much harder to build than a regular website and the value is always a little higher. Also there are other costs involved like VBulletin license, custom skin, etc.

phpexpert, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  14. vnjporg

vnjporg Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Finally, How much is the bid start price?

vnjporg, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I hardly consider buying a site for $350 then putting over $700 into it and launching a linking campaign on it "flipping it". Now had I done nothing, bought nothing, and put a free vbulletin skin on the site you would have a point then. But sadly that's not the case so it makes you look a little foolish :(

I know the public school system sucks these days but the math isn't that hard.

I mean..... are you serious? :D

GeorgeB., Jan 30, 2007 IP
  16. Kalyse

Kalyse Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am very divided with who's side Im on here. I have read all the threads very carefully.

And I can summarize either:

The site has no potential.
    or more unlikely George is lying about the stats. I dont think the later is true however, but if the main site is a community with Zune users and it receives that volume of traffic a day, yet the visitors somehow dont feel the urge to use the main service of the site, it seems logical to say that something is fundamentally missing. Surely anyone who is interested in Zune and is user, would want to join in on discussions. I know I ask questions on ipodlounge whenever I have questions about my ipods. I just dont see why people aren't on your boards.

Do you have any suggestions as to why you think this may be George?

Dont take my post the wrong way! Im just assessing whats been said

Kalyse, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  17. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll try this one mor time :D

The only way I'd sell the site for $500 would be if I got to keep ALL the licenses, went around and told all the people linking to it to link to my other sites, rediverted all the traffic to my other sites, and restored the vbulletin skin to the default one.

I mean that should be OK with you because you don't see any value in all those other factors, am I ocrrect? :rolleyes:

18. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Finally someone with logical questions :)

I just converted the site to a forum last month. Most users visiting the site are looking for a blog and more specifically articles in the blog. When they are faced with a forum instead, some signup but right now the majority decide to leave. Why post in this new forum when ZuneScene is more active because it's #1 in google for "Zune"?

So it will likely continue that way till the new forum URLs get indexed and the site gets even more SE traffic. And that lsow trickle of users that actually sign up will start rising. This is webmaster 101 folks... it's not rocket science.

As for teh validity of the traffic, I've sent a link to LIVE traffic stats to 3 people on DP alone. If they could find anything fishy I'm sure they would be in this thread trying to devalue the site too. Instead we are negotiating price :)

Heck try this...

1. Do an traffic search on keyword Zune
    2. Check out those monthly search numbers
    3. Put "Zune" into Yahoo search

Once you scroll down adn see ZuneUser @ #5 it may dawn on you where a lot of teh traffic is coming from. < -- Hope that answers your questions.

19. 7stars7stones

7stars7stones Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No matter how you present it, something making $34/month isn't worth $1000. VbSeo license or customized template are worth nothing if they generate revenue next to nothing.
    $34 x 18 = $612 and that is the maximum you can ask for and hope someone will buy it for 18 months worth of revenue.
    On the other hand... traffic is interesting and if you can post your stats on what's the source of your traffic I might bid on it.
    Anyhow, if you wanted to sell your VbSeo license or customized templates, then maybe you had mistakenly posted your ad to a wrong forum?!?
    Joe

7stars7stones, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  20. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Whether its worth $1000 or not is irrelevant. The OP says he won't accept any bids lower than $1000 so thats all that matters.

If you want to bid, fine. If you don't think its worth $1000 then don't bid.

mad4, Jan 30, 2007 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.