1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zorg links de-indexed!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by uttoransen, Sep 11, 2007.

1. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lets put another perspective on what or may not have occured with the SE is gone, its over,it happened, but its not permanent thats for sure:cool:

For a number of reasons not least wanting to know about SE interactions etc etc, we have run one site for over 7 years continuously and this site has been indexed, de-indexed and re-indexed on a number of occasions

If for example this site was de-indexed and we make some corrections then in our experience within around 3 months it will be back re-indexed strongly
    :)

Now I am not saying that would be the case today, but I see no reason why it would not be the case, as re-indexing is an ongoing process

What I do know is that you are doing an excellent job with your site Mikey and your efforts will prevail and indeed are prevailing today

Keep up the good work and keep focused, the upside far, far outweighs the downside :cool:

britishguy, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  2. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Makes no difference to me, some of my money coming your way regardless.

DownUnder, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  3. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:

The Pheonix, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  4. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Is this the first or are there others? Its most unlikely that your problems are unrelated. Surely you must consider the possibility that you have been picked out for a reason or is that just going to be written off as scaremongering? Bidding directories are wrong. Your site is a high profile site. Are you not trying to sell it? If I was asked to name a bidding directory yours is the only one I would be able to name and I don't even know if that's correct.

Why not change the company you keep as well as the public profile you present to outsiders? I believe that you are one of the first and that there will be a few others to follow.

workshop, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No it isn't. There is no "duplicate content penalty". Google doesn't "penalize" duplicate content - it just filters it out, indexing one page and no0t indexing the others.

Your penalty comes from the same errors that other directory owners committed. And apparently you and many others are not learning the real lessons from your mistakes.

No. If you continue to repeat your mistakes, time isn't going to help you at all.

And that's just one of the things some of these directory owners just cannot seem to understand.

Addendum: I received a question by PM asking what is wrong with bidding directories. Here is my reply:

Bidding directories promote listings based on how much money the site submitter is willing to pay, not on the value of the website to visitors. That makes the directory a travesty. If you are the owner of the directory, you are stating publicly that your recommendations or endorsements are available to the highest bidder. That translates to zero integrity for the directory. It also reduces the value of the directory to the net in general and to any visitors the bidding directory may receive to zero.

That's part of the reason Google doesn't like them.

minstrel, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    The Pheonix, enQuira and smub like this.
  6. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well said! green added

smub, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  7. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hello...

im seeing indexed pages... is it .....de-indexed?

PS... smub how is your schooling going?

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  8. eddie43302

eddie43302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mostly all directories are just link farms.. come one people you all know it. Now that google is cracking down on them (which is a good thing) directories will soon be going by by.. i mean who the hell is going to pay money to have your link in a directory that does nothing for you... i see most of these directory owners selling link for an outragous amount like $35 lol! Jeez come one them links are worthless now.

eddie43302, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  9. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    well you may be surprised with the new revolution in directories, the quick uneducated will write them off, and yes your entitled to your opinion, just don't expect many to share your exitment or misunderstanding of what a directory is, and please don't confuse the term link farm with that of directory, they are two different farm animals.

10. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    smub, although what is written is correct in context ( i was the one who sent the pm ),the real problem is more so in the wording and application of the current MK1 model.
    and that is a personal view only, but i believe with some minor changes this could be fixed up.

probably best to debate these issues in a new thread rather than in mike's thread though

11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Frankly, the last two "revolutions in directories" didn't impress me at all. Apparently, Google was also less than impressed.

Actually, the difference is negligible at best in the case of many directories. Put a link farm side by side with many directories and the only difference is in the site name.

Why do you think so many got dinged by Google?

12. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please explain. Does the sites name distinguish weather it's a directory or a link farm? If you put 2 link farms together will they have the same name?

werewe12, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  13. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Is a directory that has NO listings yet considered a link farm?

14. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A directory without any listings (yet) would be considered a template :D.

werewe12, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  15. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    heheheh very well said :D

16. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A directory with no listings should not be in public view. Seeding a directory with thousands of quality resources is a vital step to be taken prior to launching a directory. :D

stoner3221, Oct 21, 2007 IP
    Bernard likes this.
  17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I was being sarcastic. I meant that many so-called directories reall are just link farms: You pay the fee, you're listed. No quality control. No value to Joe Surfer, should he stumble upon the directory somehow. Just about the cash and the backlink.

Thanks for the laugh. :D

Most of the directories I'm talking about don't have tens or even ones of quality resources.

18. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    It's what I've said right from the off minstrel only they all decided to try and stand up and argue the toss with me, probably as I used the term 'Gamble' in my posts. :eek:

The Pheonix, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  19. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    I think it could be called debate , regardless below is a copy taken from one of the big 2 and i believe both are the same but might be wrong.

no matter of what it is callled , it seems the principle is not as much at fault as the naming and or application of that principle.

im sure were all on the same team in regards the good players staying in the game.

I have written many times before what i seen wrong with bid mk1 and why and how to move to bid mk2 which resolves these issues so wont re hash it or push the agenda, and people can search these up, but makes for interesting thoughts at least.

@ Pheonix , i dont carry yesterdays baggage, i move on and have even dished a few greens your way for some of your posts. who knows we may even agree on a few points now and then :)

DownUnder, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  20. patrickberry

patrickberry Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the 15 of august i made a post on why bidding directories are really dumb.

Nothing has changed.

I am sorry that a lot of hard work is been devauled by these changes, but the truth is, it is a lot simpler to try to create something of long term value rather than a quick spam fix?

patrickberry, Oct 22, 2007 IP