1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ZIL (Zork Interpretive Language) / Z-machine in PHP?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Robert Dinse, Aug 19, 2006.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I started a BBS in 1982 on a Trs-80. One of the things that made it so popular was that we figured out a way to put Infocom games online and allow each user to have their own save files.

I would like to ressurrect that aspect of my BBS on the current web-based BBS. I've been looking for a workable Z-Machine. I've found several written in Java but I really don't like that solution because of the compatibility issues with Java and various browsers.

I have seen one implimention online using PHP but that person wrote the code themselves and they are not interested in releasing it.

I would really prefer a PHP solution since the processing is done on the server it leaves less to chance would be more universally compatible. It is also less ugly than Java not having to run in it's own window, amiable to being adaptable to browser width, etc.

I know at one time there was also a Z-machine written in perl, and that might be a workable solution, but I can't find it. I would prefer php anyway.

I'm hoping somewhere someone will know of such a beast? If you do please let me know!

Robert Dinse, Aug 19, 2006 IP