1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zika Virus Pandemic

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zirkon Kalti, Sep 7, 2016.

Have you read the news about the Zika virus spreading around the world. The Zika virus is spread by the Aedes mosquitoes, for example A. aegypti and A. albopictus that are active during the day time. Zika virus has caused a few people to die. It first started in Brazil. I think one can easily get recovered from the fever and rashes caused by Zika virus.

However, a pregnant woman that is infected with a mosquito bite that carries the Zika virus has a high chance of giving birth to a baby that suffers from microcephaly. The illness is currently spreading in Florida with 16 cases of the birth defect microcephaly in USA up to date.

In my neighborhood, there used to be a lot of fogging to fight Aedes dengue fever. But, the fogging is also very poisonous. The smoke from the fogging has caused me to have symptoms like breathlessness, stomachache and chest pain. In fact, I think the fogging didn't kill the mosquitoes but it did bring out a lot of mosquitoes for us to kill. In Singapore, lots of people have been infected with Zika virus. Go here to learn more about Zika virus: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/transmission/sexual-transmission.html

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Zirkon Kalti, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It's not all gloom and doom. It appears that you cannot get the Zika virus twice. Once infected you are immune. Most healthy adults won't even know they have been infected as they won't have any symptoms. Others will have symptoms much like a cold or a flu.
    But of course if you don't know that you have the virus, you could unwittingly pass it on to someone else.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why this is getting such a high profile. Samoa and Tonga have had it for years so it shouldn't have been a huge surprise that it spread.

FWIW it can be sexually transmitted - they've got cases in the US.

sarahk, Sep 7, 2016 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that means we should castrate 7 billion people to slow down the spread of the virus.

mmerlinn, Sep 9, 2016 IP
  5. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Zirkon Kalti, Sep 10, 2016 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am in Florida where the Zika pandemic is supposedly prevalent. It's really not. The media, as always, created a monster that should not have existed in the first place. I am not denying the seriousness of the situation, but compared to other pandemics (cholera for instance) it's by far less dangerous.

qwikad.com, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  7. Zirkon Kalti

Zirkon Kalti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not just Zika virus. There are a lot of virus and bacterias spreading around these days and I don't know where they come from. Sometimes, when I pass by a place that is dirty, I can feel bacteria/virus jumping onto me and crawling on me. There is also a type of bacteria/virus that can cause people to burp. If the virus jump on you but you didn't get any fever, it is also able to spread. For example, if you sit down on a table and there is someone sitting opposite the table, the person will keep burping too. It is not ordinary burping although you may think that it is a normal burping. The burping is caused by the germs. When the backteria/virus jump on you, you may also feel that your muscle or flesh start to quiver for a short while.

Zirkon Kalti, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously now, get some therapy, you have some serious mental health issues going on.

malky66, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've made a silly mistake responding to your posts. I will never repeat this mistake again.

qwikad.com, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to read up on the microbiome before you make any more statements like this.
    And you can't feel a bacteria or a virus when it "jumps on you".

sarahk, Sep 12, 2016 IP