1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zero sales in Amazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by wwhhing, Nov 27, 2006.

I'm totally new in Amazaon and setup an account pass 2 month will zero sales. Did Amazon really profitable? And what is the best way to promote? If don't mind, please post your Amazon site :D

wwhhing, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  2. Ohioadnet

Ohioadnet Peon

Best Answers:
    When you put amazon affliliate link on your web sites, you are in affect using content specific links which are the most ineffective links. Think about it, how many products have you purchased from a content provider? Marlon

Ohioadnet, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. symmetric

symmetric Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, Amazon isn't hugely profitable, but it can convert well on certain sites.

One factor to consider is whether your traffic is generally interested, willing and able to make online purchases. Several years ago, I tried promoting Amazon on a site that received about 150,000 page views a month. On that particular site, I got lots of click throughs but not many sales. I finally concluded that the traffic for that site (mainly students) was not a good fit for Amazon.

On the other hand, I have other sites where Amazon does convert. For the current quarter, my conversion rate across all sites is about 4%. Some sites don't do as well, and some have a conversion rate of 40% (unfortunately, the sites that convert the best don't have much traffic, so overall revenue isn't that high).

symmetric, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. GeneKavner

GeneKavner Peon

Best Answers:
    wwhhing,

I just visited your sites and didn't see any links to Amazon so it's hard to analyze your site to see why it is not performing.

Typical reason for poor earnings from Amazon Associate program would be:

1. Low traffic to your site. Clearly, if you don't have much traffic, you will not have significant earnings.

2. Poor placement of links to Amazon. If your links to Amazon are buried on your page or positioned on pages buried deep on your site, your readers will simply not find them.

3. Poor relevance of Amazon products to your site's content. If your site is about wallpaper and your are trying to sell books about cooking, your readers will not be interested enough in the topic to make purchases.

If you can address all of the three points above, you should find decent conversions from Amazon. In addition, you should have more than one way to monetize your traffic by being a member of multiple affiliate and contextual advertising programs.

Hope this helped!

GeneKavner, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  5. mynewchoice

mynewchoice Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Amazon links for a little while now and have an aStore as well, although I haven't been getting any sales. Just last week I had my first two purchases credited through my account, so I was happy to see that even though the overall commission was peanuts.

From what I have seen in most cases, you aren't going to make a killing on the Amazon links but as was mentioned, depending on the audience it can be worthwhile to have on your site.

-mnc

mynewchoice, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  6. GeneKavner

GeneKavner Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything also depends on the amount of traffic that comes to your site. If there is too little traffic, you won't make a killing via any affiliate program.

The most important measure of whether an affiliate program works for you is the amount of revenue you are receiving from 1000 page views (aka impressions) on your site, not from the overall revenues generated.

GeneKavner, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  7. kazuma

kazuma Peon

Best Answers:
    I've sold about $1,700 and made 100 bucks :(

Not really worth it if you ask me.

kazuma, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  8. GeneKavner

GeneKavner Peon

Best Answers:
    Kazuma,

All is based on the amount of traffic your site receives and how well (look and feel, above/below fold, etc) various links are integrated on your site.

GeneKavner, Dec 5, 2006 IP
  9. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is good to create a new site which only for Amazon? Putting amazon link in current site or create new site for Amazon, which will giving better result?

wwhhing, Dec 6, 2006 IP
  10. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    I played around with Amazon a few months back and found it not worth my time. That and payouts every 3 months I think. Find a dropshipper and sell the products directly in your shop. For example, if you have a poker forum, open a poker store within your forum. Offer discounts for your number of posts, etc.

drig, Dec 6, 2006 IP