1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zendesk and the importance of development environments

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sarahk, Jun 10, 2021.

Back when I worked for a big software house, before the days of git repositories, our clients would have 4 installs of our software - development, testing, staging, and production. Bugs didn't get past our awesome test teams and rollbacks were rare.

I've worked with a client more recently and we still had 3 environments but git made the development environment almost 2 tiered.

So, it's with amazement that I'm watching the meltdown at Zendesk where "pods" (servers?) are unstable, needing a rollback and have even taken down Zendesk's own chat service.

upload_2021-6-11_11-25-54.png

Their social media team is doing really well and they're being open about the issue: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402552467994-Service-Incident-June-10th-2021

Something to remember when you're having a bad day, even the big guys screw up!

sarahk, Jun 10, 2021 IP