1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zendesk and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SigneK, Aug 7, 2020.

Hi

Do anyone have experience with using Zendesk' help center to integrate a FAQ to your website - and how this might affect your website's SEO?

We are considering using this for our website https://www.hedia.co/ , but I have heard some different concerns about this, for instance that Zendesk could slow down the site's page speed and also that the actual FAQ will be on a subdomain like FAQ.hedia.co and not hedia.co/FAQ

All advice and experience is VERY much appreciated!

SigneK, Aug 7, 2020 IP
  2. SlingHost

SlingHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We have used Zendesk in the past and you are correct in that it would need to be on a subdomain. From what I can remember from an SEO standpoint it wasn't great. This wasn't a big concern of ours as we were using the FAQ for current customers and not to get search volume. If I'm being honest, if you are looking to rank your FAQ's I would look into a self hosted option where you have more control over it.

SlingHost, Aug 11, 2020 IP
  3. SigneK

SigneK Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply!
    We're not creating the FAQ for SEO purposes, but I would of course love if we could also get some SEO juice out of it :)

SigneK, Aug 24, 2020 IP
  4. WINstore

WINstore Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only will it create a subdomain but it will definitely leave some questionable impact on your site as well.

WINstore, Aug 24, 2020 IP
  5. SigneK

SigneK Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by that? :) Can you elaborate?
    I have read somewhere that it could perhaps slow down the page, but I have checked up on that, and it shouldn't be the case.

SigneK, Aug 25, 2020 IP