1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Zen Cart add PDF to product

Discussion in 'Programming' started by tyankee, Aug 31, 2016.

Using Zen Cart, I am looking to add the ability to upload PDF's from the products page on the admin and then show a link to those PDF's on the product page on the customers side. I want this to work similar to the 'image upload' that currently exists in zen cart.

i installed a plugin that allows for this upload but does not allow you to browse your computer for the files - you have to FTP them first. This is too cumbersome. I need the ability to select the PDF from a computer and upload it from that product page in admin.

tyankee, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    At the bottom of the products page in the admin, you'll see a box labeled
    "Products URL:
    without http

You can use that to point to the PDF.

1) In admin->catalog->product types, select the product type involved and select "edit layout". If Display URL on Product Info isn't set to 1, set it to 1.

2) enter the url of the PDF in the box I mentioned above. The PDF can be on your website or on another site.

3) The link is displayed as "For more information, please visit this products webpage. " You can change that in, includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/document_general_info.php and includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/document_product_info.php.

That should probably still work but i am otherwise not touching zencart again with a 10 foot pole. You should not be using that stuff. Everything about that stuff is a trainwreck and entirely deprecated. You are a decade behind the curve simply by using it in the first place. Dump that stuff into something beautiful with woo commerce. There is an app for that ;)

N.

Nigel Lew, Aug 31, 2016 IP
  3. tyankee

tyankee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

woo commerce is sooo lacking in features though and everything is a $$$$$ add-on.. plus it's very hard to customize.. as to your input, that is the standard documentation on how to use that field for PDF's.. you didn't read my post carefully as that won't work for me. i need it to 'browse' my computer files for the PDF - not FTP it somewhere and then use the link.

tyankee, Aug 31, 2016 IP