1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YSM suggests dropping content bids to $0.10?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by whitebmw, Nov 12, 2006.

I just spoke to an agent at YSM and she told me that they were suggesting that all advertisers change all content bids to $0.10 until further notice. She couldn't give me anymore info than that, but I have to question what the heck is going on? Are they having that much trouble with fraud that the only solution is to have everyone bid so low they don't notice it?

Anybody shed some light on why they would suggest this?

whitebmw, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  2. GChoi

GChoi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be surprised when you're being suggested to drop your bids on content network. YSM is selectively upgrading their advertisers to the new platform - Panama, and unpredictable and weird things can happen.

GChoi, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  3. Diler001

Diler001 Guest

Best Answers:
    how this happened yet? I do advertise with YSM as well. Very curiosu.

Diler001, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  4. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    They're slowly rolling it out. You CAN apply now, but it's "luck of the draw" if they decide to let you in. Right now they are favoring "selected advertisers" (which I assume means those who spend a lot of money on YSM). Everybody is supposed to be on board by early 2007. Jensense blog has a lengthy interview with the head of YSM.

flip, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  5. YahooSarah

YahooSarah Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey there,

I’m glad you asked the question about bids for Content Match ads. I think there has been a misunderstanding. The only time we recommend an advertiser start their Content Match bids at $0.10 is if they are new to our system and are just setting up their campaign. After testing and learning, new advertisers are encouraged to increase Content Match bids to a level that has the right ROI and volume of leads.

We do not suggest that all advertisers change their bid to $0.10.

If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to send me a private email.

Thanks,
    YahooSarah

YahooSarah, Nov 13, 2006 IP