1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YSM budget warning

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by flip, Nov 24, 2006.

I created 10 campaigns my first month w/ YSM. Each campaign budgeted at, let's say, $10 per day. I unthinkingly put in the $10 simply because I wanted to give myself room. Well, you're fine for the first month, but come the second month, YSM will charge your credit card the total amount of your budgeting ($10 x 10 campaigns x 30 days = $3000). No way do I spend $3000/month with Yahoo. Only thing that saved me was my credit card rejected it!

This will come as no surprise to any YSM veteran, or even a newbie who reads YSM's terms carefully enough, but...just something to think about if you're new. Set budgets closer to what you think you'll really spend.

flip, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  2. golf98765

golf98765 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your information.

I just registered with overture. :)

I'll change it now.

Thanks

golf98765, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  3. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I adjusted my campaign but not enough, and got hit with a huge (for me) credit card charge. I emailed YSM support and requested that they return the $$$ to me. They responded quickly and started the refund process immediately. :)

Just wanted to add this followup, in case anyone thinks all is lost if they get charged for more than they want. Also to put in a good word for YSM because I tend to malign them a lot in this forum!

flip, Nov 27, 2006 IP