1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN - The Sad Fact of Why You Will Get Dumped!!!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by BluePhoenix, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Tranix

Tranix Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you calculate the percentage of each country? Awstats only shows pages and hits #s :)

Thanks in advance,
    Tranix

Tranix, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  2. mark41185

mark41185 Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm going by the traffic to my site, not the clicks on the ads. i use extreme tracking and it tells me that 88% is u.s.

mark41185, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  3. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that ... or I think this is at least a "third."

Yahoo had (still has, I guess you can say) a GREAT opportunity to cut into Google's territory. Looks like they're screwing it up. I'm very nervous about whether I will be paid or not. I had a fair amount of international traffic (but what's too much?). When I found out they were banning people for international traffic, I did what I could to fix the problem, and so it should be ok now, but as I've still never been paid by Yahoo, I don't know whether the 3 weeks of *some* international traffic would count as too much or not. As I started with Yahoo in November, and won't know till mid Feb whether I'll actually be paid or not (that's when the big check should come), that makes about a quarter of my year that could go down the drain.

trivum, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  4. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here here but i am in the same boat... but there is some good news i ahve a friend who served yahoo ads and his ratio WAS 60 US to 40 int. he received his check in Jan..... so i don't know how they decide what is what... so it appears even with some Int. the still pay... now he has changed to target only US now.

xboxundone, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  5. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    That was a good move on your friend's part. It's more likely that YPN just hadn't noticed his international traffic yet. Every once in a while, it seems like they just decide to check sites and mass-ban them. For example, myself and everyone else I've talked to who has gotten kicked out for international traffic all got kicked out on the same day -- December 20th.

grantmd, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  6. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    well hopefully yall will atleast get paid for the us traffic u sent and Yahoo will allow international traffic then all won't matter....

xboxundone, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  7. grantmd

grantmd Guest

Best Answers:
    It looks like that's going to be the case, which is a decent move by YPN -- even though it's coming later than it would be if my account hadn't gotten closed down.

grantmd, Jan 28, 2006 IP
  8. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat as some of you....didn't know they were banning accounts, so I made the filtering changes (3 weeks after serving the ads to international visitors).

This COULD be seen as a mistake in one respect, but I emailed them, explained myself, and got a reply saying "save this email....if something happens to your account, call us and tell us your situation and it MAY help with your situation." So basically they're saying, if you went through the measures of fixing the problem, they might take you back if you tell them up front.

But you're also saying " hey i sent a lot of international traffic...you should ban me" so it's a risk I took.

nt99, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  9. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, i am also working on the same thing as you tranix, i think you have to go to delivery options and set the delivery limitation to us only for ypn ads and others for us ads.

However, i was playing with the rotating feature of phpadsnew and kind of stuucked on how to display full ypn ads to u.s. visitors and the rest to non-u.s. visitors instead of rotating between 50% and 50%.

ANy help from the expert?

keikor, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  10. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    If you set YPN to show only if country is US and althernative ads to show only if country is different from US, you should get what you want.

blinxdk, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  11. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well...I got the dreaded Email today 2 days after working 4 hours to get this stupid GEO targetting thing set up.

It took them one day short of 2 months of me sending THEM traffic before announcing this and over $2xxx.xx sitting in the account.

Guess they didn't want to pay me :-(.

EDIT:
    My Stats(this includes a subdomain not using YPN with targeting outside the us).
    Month of DEC.
    71% US

Month of Jan
    67% US

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  12. trivum

trivum Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, I sure hope you get paid. If not, there should be a BIG, BIG stink raised. ... Yahoo is really making themselves look bad with all this. If they can tell the traffic is international, that means they could easly weed it out themselves. Ok, they don't want to do that. Then why can't they just say X% of international traffic is too much? Why can't they also simply be clear about whether they are going to pay webmasters who have been sending them traffic for months? (though some seem to have hope, no one has actually been paid as of yet)... Their FAQ is a joke. THOSE are the most frequently asked questions - How much is too much? and Are you going to pay me what you owe me?

trivum, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  13. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    70% US and you got banned? Wow, so lame.

nt99, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  14. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    Ho Ho Ho ... 70% US traffic still get banned. Well, I think Im next :)

DavidAusman, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  15. xboxundone

Best Answers:
    i think there are probably a lot of people next if rule is you need more than 70% US!

xboxundone, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  16. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, i think i am next then. 70% is a lot of traffic.....

Dang, i am very numb right now.

keikor, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  17. nt99

nt99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The good news is that it seems we'll at least get paid for what we did.

And isn't Yahoo supposed to be going global this Spring? So a couple of months without Yahoo....not the end of the world....but it sucks.

nt99, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  18. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    Switch back to adsense if you have an account with them

DavidAusman, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  19. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:
    In all support for Yahoo. I can not say how much of the 70% clicked through. I'm, overall, a very unlucky person. Chances are that remaining 30% were the only ones clicking. I still have faith in YPN and hope this all comes out in the wash.

toomuch72, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  20. keikor

keikor Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN is making me more money and i am a money-minded person. I prefer to live in a worrying daily life than a poor life.

I had my first check, still waiting for it to clear. However, i am waiting for the next month which is the biggest one. Once that check goes through, i will be happy./

keikor, Jan 31, 2006 IP