1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN terms and conditions change with weekend updates...

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by bflora, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes like I said before you really have to be careful, you cannot show text ads, banner ads, such as Amazons, CB products or anything else on the same pages, if the content of them ads, etc is similiar to the content of the ypn ads. In this sense, and with the restrictions on all NON U.S. traffic, it's making ypn look more and more crappy all the time.

At least to me, I mean it is so nuts to ask the site owners to restrict their traffic flow. My site has been on my domain for almost 10 years. My host offers no php or my sql support so 'How can I geo-target ?', and thousands of others must be in the same boat. You cannot just pick and transfer a domain that easily, mine has over 150 megs of space used, and I only have 56k dial up. The site has been built up over years.......

And why are they so scared of other ads ? My god talk about greed, 'It's got to be us, and nobody else........'

I know what I am doing today, transfering my pages back to AdSense.

bluegill_catcher, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  2. YahooSarah

YahooSarah Peon

Best Answers:
    All,

Thanks Jenstar for helping with your post on changes to terms and conditions.

As for this discussion about ads on a page. The Yahoo! Publisher Network does not allow for other contextual ads to be on the same page that displays "Ads by Yahoo!" You should know that competing contextual ad networks have this same requirement.

The Yahoo! Publisher Network does allow publishers to have banner ads or affiliate links on the same page as its contextual ads.

I wanted to make sure this was clear. Hope it helps
    YahooSarah

YahooSarah, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  3. PwrUps

PwrUps Peon

Best Answers:
    I received an email earlier this week from Yahoo Publisher Network:

AdBrite can be used as a contextual ad service I think if noone buys ad space, but it does not base the ads off of the content of the website, they seem to be random (considering I get ads for Cars and stuff when my site is about Videogames). I'm still allowed to use AdBrite right? If not, please tell me, I'll be happy to remove them if they violate the Terms (they don't seem to though).

PwrUps, Mar 27, 2006 IP