1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YPN now in the UK.. So stop the international Crap!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Da-Chief, Sep 20, 2008.

1. GUESTID

GUESTID Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes its a scam.

GUESTID, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  2. NetworkTown.Net

NetworkTown.Net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah had a feeling removed it now. Since yahoo has not offically announced anything its not real its fake they will get taken down sooner or later for saying yahoo run it ect ect.

NetworkTown.Net, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  3. Shez

Shez Peon

Best Answers:
    Closed mine too :)

Shez, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  4. Evil Lemon

Evil Lemon Guest

Best Answers:
    Highly doubt that yahoo will be killing google any time soon

Evil Lemon, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  5. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my account closed too. No contact or reason, I guess they don't like being talked about in public:eek: shy I guess.

newsniche, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  6. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Im in the UK, guess its just a waiting game now till the testing is over and we can get busy.

pipes, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  7. badger

badger Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone, my name is Ian and I work for 1plus.net: the owners and operators of AdShack.com. Thanks also to the person who directed me towards this thread.

Some misconceptions and partial truths about AdShack I wanted to clear up.

Yes, we are serving YPN ads into the european space and, although we are not owned by Yahoo themselves, they do have an extremely high stake in what were doing, in what format and on who we allow as publishers - this includes a very strong influence over the individual approval process of publishers.

The platform has not really been released properly yet and certain tests, approval processes, administration modules and multi-load server balancing has only just been completed. I therefore apologise if news of our existence leaked out a little early and some of you guys are still waiting for approval / stats et al.

AdShack.com is in no way a scam. Our parent company (1plus.net Ltd) is a well financed and mature digital media company based in the UK with offices in both the UK and in San Francisco, CA.

Hopefully all should be resolved either later today or tomorrow and I look forward to having some of you guys as partners. Although Im not allowed to discuss reasoning behind the approvals process, I can only recommend that if you sign up to AdShack.com you submit as your published site one that has unique and compelling content and the site adheres to our TOS. By ensuring the quality of publishers at the front end helps us maintain the goal of paying the highest RPC in the marketplace.

If you have any questions then please do feel free to submit them to us using our ticketed help desk (now manned), our FAQ's or via our mini-forum.

Thanks for your interest in AdShack.com

badger, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  8. GUESTID

GUESTID Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay Buddy Explain this
    I place Adshack ads for three days on my website and see no impressions so I remove your ads.
    I send a mail and a reply comes late that my account has not been validated while I do see ads and I am able to log into my account.

Why were ads being shown on my site on the first place without my permission when I place your ad code when I didnt got paid for it.

Secondly your system is not transparent. It was written that account info is updated every 10 minutes and I dont get any information from your site.

I was not even mailed if I have been accepted or not just when I login it told me account closed. Every ad network does inform its users but not you.

And my account gets closed after I remove your ads without being paid.

Your affiliation with Yahoo seems ridiculous as yahoo has a unique yahoo tag for every site it owns.

GUESTID, Oct 6, 2008 IP
  9. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Badger and welcome to DP forums,

I am one of the ones that signed up and placed ads on one of my sites. I see my account has been closed, what is the reasoning behind this. I can only assume it is because I removed the ads, the reason I did this was because I was not getting credited for the ads and I had no contact from yourselves after several days.

Also is Max who posted earlier in this thread as Adshack part of your team as he claims?

newsniche, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  10. tvmaximum

tvmaximum Peon

Best Answers:
    Wicked, thanks alot for the info :)

tvmaximum, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  11. gordypordy

gordypordy Banned

Best Answers:
    i'm in no hurry then

gordypordy, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  12. tharshan

tharshan Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok.. but US & UK mean = international ??

tharshan, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  13. Jmz

Jmz Peon

Best Answers:
    I added this to my site a few days ago and I added the code to my site like the instructions said. I haven't had an email to say my account was accepted or rejected and I have no impressions recorded in my admin panel but the ads were being shown on my site.

Jmz, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  14. trocobob

trocobob Banned

Best Answers:
    They are just a scammers with useless reasons .
    They even dont sent the reason of closing an account + many users have lost the impressions for nothing .

+ the Email show the non-professionalism of the team .

Do you think that you are Smart ?

trocobob, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  15. tvmaximum

tvmaximum Peon

Best Answers:
    AdShack is terrible, no secure signin, no impressions, still looks like a 3 year old made the site, terms are not even complete...etc etc

tvmaximum, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  16. klajunascia

klajunascia Member

Best Answers:
    I'm waiting..., with adshack code on one of my websites, and no impressions count, email of confirmation for a week etc as others has reported.... but still I know that more than 80% of my visitors to that website are from UK, so its 'kinda' interesting what is 'comingup' - why not to try. :) Adshack says they target UK traffick - lets try....

klajunascia, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  17. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    'they do have an extremely high stake in what were doing' ... what does that mean - what stake do they have in you specifically?

bochgoch, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  18. newsniche

newsniche Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that DP members badger or adshack are bonafide representatives of Adshack.

I also believe I am wasting far too much time looking into this:(

If anyone does ever get paid from them it would be interesting to know.

newsniche, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  19. www.buxincome.com

www.buxincome.com Guest

Best Answers:
    More countries in the world than just the USA and UK sorry. So won't stop any international complaints from me :p

www.buxincome.com, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  20. SME

SME Banned

Best Answers:
    Anyone got any initial feedback about CTR or Rates yet?

SME, Oct 12, 2008 IP