1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube

Discussion in 'Google' started by parisent, Jan 4, 2019.

I am posting this in "Google" because Google owns Youtube - If this is the wrong place, I apologise. I see many Youtube Tutorials saying - Be sure and have good videos with good content/subject matter - write a good description with keywords. Then add your affiliate link.

If you Do a search on - "youtube affilate marketing tips" you will see tons of youtubers who say make good content videos and insert your affiliate link.

I have 28 videos. 12 of them are for entertainment - and have no links at all. - So, 60% of my videos have affiliate links - and 40% do not. So, I get a message from Youtube saying, - we have Deleted on of your videos, and given you 1 strike. Because we notice you are inserting links into your videos. We want our viewers staying on our site, not being sent off to another website. So, you are currently under a 3 month probation. If you behave, your strike will disappear in 3 months. If this conduct continues, your account could be banned.

Later, I see another Tutorial on youtube talking about putting your affiliate link into your description. I left a comment explaining the message I received from youtube. And they responded back - Youtube does not do that! - And I responded - Yes they do and did! Then they responded - Youtube does NOT do That!!! - And I responded - The HELL they Don't!!! - And They never commented back ...
    SEMrush
    So - now what? Everyone else can make videos and add affiliate links to them, But I can't??? I don't get it. Like I said ---- I continue to see TONS of popular SEO people talking about making Youtube Videos and inserting your affiliate links in the description. I not only see those SEO people, but I see TONS of videos on youtube with affilate links in them - ALL Over the Place.

So, what are my options. This really confuses me!

Thanks,

Paris

parisent, Jan 4, 2019 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you read through the Youtube TOS to find exactly what is allowed? If so then ask YT support for a more detailed explanation.

I've always placed my link in the description and haven't had a problem. I do seem to remember that a link inside the video itself isn't permitted.

The reason you were contacted and you're seeing others that weren't could simply be that YT spotted your videos with links and haven't yet seen those of the others.

JoeSpirit, Jan 4, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Paris, I believe someone reported your video.

qwikad.com, Jan 5, 2019 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i think someone reported you but be smart and dint relay on 1 single channel or you can wake up with all your work on vain

Spartan14, Jan 6, 2019 IP
  5. Manda Barnes

Manda Barnes Peon

Best Answers:
    C
    Can I ask what came of this? I can see that it would be super helpful to post links, but I also see their point as valid. I have only recently begun to use youtube, so this is very interesting to me.

Manda Barnes, Feb 7, 2019 IP