1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube videos are appearing too big on my blog...how to reduce the size in WordPress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by starscream, Jan 29, 2009.

My blog is mostly comprised of youtube type videos that were imported into my blog. Here's a small problem I'm having, the videos are displaying larger than normal (display wise), is there an option or a file I can edit to shrink the default size of the videos so it doesn't stretch my site like it's doing now. I didn't want to manually edit each post because the videos were already imported into my blog and it would be time consuming to edit each post. Do you know of any way to shrink the display size?

If anyone could somehow help me with this, I think my blog would be finally all set Thanks in advance

starscream, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  2. MoneyRiot

MoneyRiot Banned

Best Answers:
    Whenever embedding the youtube video, look in the code for the attributes of "object width" and "object height" tweak and play around with the numbers until you find a good size that fits.:D

MoneyRiot, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  3. jstuzka

jstuzka Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really easy to alter if you goto

http://www.vtubetools.com

all you need is the little code on the end of the video after you post it.
    this tool will generate a new embed code for you to use on the blog (or anywhere else you want to use it)

You can even prevent the Advertising that appears at the end if you set "Display Related Videos" to "no"

Cheers,
    JeremyStuzka.com

jstuzka, Jan 30, 2009 IP
  4. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    While copying the embed code, you would have the option to select either the bigger video size or the smaller one. Or also if you have copied code for bigger video size, you can change the width and height of that in the code itself.

sizzler_chetan, Jan 30, 2009 IP