1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube Results At Image Search

Discussion in 'Google' started by Zedzero, Oct 21, 2006.

I don't know if its already known, but i got a lot of video results from youtube when searching for images.

I was just searching for southpark episode "good times with weapons"'s screenshots, but there were a lot of video results from youtube. now, some may say google picks up thumbnails for that video, but that's not the issue. because search results even display the duration of the video.

Seems like google will try its best to integrate youtube everywhere.

[​IMG]

Zedzero, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Interesting. But why serve up video to those looking for images? If I want video, I'll search for video!

T0PS3O, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  3. moneymaker1

moneymaker1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google already spent billion's of dollars acquiring youtube. I think they will make full use of it. :p

moneymaker1, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  4. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Holy crap you are right .
    At first I thought it just shows the image , but what really makes a difference is the video duration indication .

Computer(Jew), Oct 21, 2006 IP
  5. superpump

superpump Peon

Best Answers:
    if i spent an arm and a leg's worth of money buing a site like that, I'd make damn sure to use it in every facet of my company's life in order to maximize its potential.

superpump, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  6. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, that's somewhat inconvenient.

ReadyToGo, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  7. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    i can't bring up any youtube video clips per se in the image search, even when using the "good times with weapons" search phrase... the closest i can get is the screen grab for the video, and it's listed as a jpg, no suggestion that there is an associated video clip with it.

what you saw might have been a brief test?

danimal, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  8. adiace

adiace Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use +"good times with weapons" and you will see it. However, if you click on the image it doesn't even take you to the south park video.

adiace, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  9. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you are talking about images. be carefull 2 points that you show has jpeg extensions . jpeg means images:D

trichnosis, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  10. BrianR2

BrianR2 Guest

Best Answers:
    I did the same image search and got results from YouTube as well. Clicking on one of the images took me to a picture of Lucia and her daughter in Central Park which was kind of weird.

I'm wondering if the time duration shown in Google's image search is merely part of the description taken from the YouTube search results since some of the images have "..." in the spot where the YouTube thumbnails have the duration. The Google image bot may be capturing the line break and duration as part of the image description from YouTube to display in the google image results not knowing that there is a video associated with it.

BrianR2, Oct 24, 2006 IP