1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

youtube promotion-how to get views

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ernest1a, Jul 3, 2007.

Do you know for any link or e-book how to get views on youtube. Are there any tecniques or you only need good and unique video with good title?

ernest1a, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  2. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,

One tecnique i have seen, is to insert a static image somewhere in the video. This will make sure that that image is the preview image that everyone sees on the Browse Videos page. So if you have a really interesting picture, its more than likely you will get more people to have a look at your video.

-- Phil

tyzer, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  3. ideaGENERATOR

ideaGENERATOR Peon

Best Answers:
    I beleive the static pic in the video needs to be in the exact middle of the video. If you watch any video, teh preview of the video is always the center point of the video.

Tags are very important. If your video is informative, make sure you get into the mind of someone searching for that information. Use the seach keywords they would use.

Good titles always help.

If your video is long, make sure the first part of the video explains what your will share in the entire video.

Post your video on different sites that allow video, it will help your video get noticed. The more people who favorite the video the more likely it will spread.

G'luck.

ideaGENERATOR, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  4. rajanforums

rajanforums Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    submitting the video to correct category is important. also choose appropriate title and tags

rajanforums, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  5. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a blogger outreach. I've gotten on 3 of the top 10 blogs plus CNN, ESPN, sportsillustrated, nytimes, latimes, i-am-bored, fark, crunchgear, and many more. Just email and say that you've upload a cool relevant video and that they and their readers might be interested. Last video is at 1.5million views.

drig, Jul 3, 2007 IP
  6. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    zexy, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. PintoPotts

PintoPotts Peon

Best Answers:
    It is all down to the video, due to the YouTube audience profile, the video will need to be either funny, shocking or informative.

Adverts don't work and YouTube is only right for certain industries to use as a marketing tool.

PintoPotts, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  8. ernest1a

ernest1a Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great answers. What if you are doing series like tv show consist of 10 parts? Do you promote in that case main first part or every single part? Are also any other options to promote series?

ernest1a, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  9. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, releasing series is great idea too.
    You will still need to promote every single part but that's not a problem.
    The problem is finding a great videos.

zexy, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  10. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    a lot of it is the keywords you use. also helps to make a youtube group for your videos.

jgjg, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  11. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i use any many keywords and tags i can use so that my video i can come in maximum of results
    and whenever i add a new video i email it to my mailing list so it gets a lot of views and appears on top of most keywords

the maximum views my any video has is 165000, and i achieved it by doing the above steps

kodut, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  12. WebVideoPromoter

WebVideoPromoter Peon

Best Answers:
    We're offering a newsletter you can signup to where we'll provide tips and tricks from our expertise in YouTube marketing and Viral Videos. You can check us out at www.WebVideoPromoter.com . We also have a live chat feature and a phone number where people have been calling us and sharing what their doing, we love to hear from others and give advice.

WebVideoPromoter, May 4, 2008 IP
  13. Ashilicious!

Ashilicious! Peon

Best Answers:
    nice plug... it better be good

Ashilicious!, May 4, 2008 IP
  14. WebVideoPromoter

WebVideoPromoter Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh its good Ashilicious... Visit our site and let lets talk shop.
    www.WebVideoPromoter.com

WebVideoPromoter, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. liquidice4

liquidice4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    liquidice4, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  16. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    I have a program for YT views (in sig) this is the easiest way, especially if you want to do lots of videos in a day.

Otherwise the best way is to do your keyword research, target a good keyword and make your title and description very 'link baity'. Target something that is hot that specific day. Also it is good to have as many friends as you can, they tend to subscribe and are good for a few free 5 star ratings, which really helps draw in the views.

wowhaxor, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  17. BlueJam

BlueJam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, if you decide to do the interesting pic thing by sticking it in the video, it does need to be in the exact middle. So you can just put up a pic of a girl for a frame or 2 in the middle, and get more views that way.

BlueJam, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  18. blackpaw

blackpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience with youtube the video and associated title and keywords can drive tremendous amounts of traffic to your site.

I have promoted 100's of products with all kinds of different types of videos and found that if you have a video that interests many then the 80/20 rule seems to work with them (i.e. 80% will watch 20% will 'click' your link) as a result many videos equals many hits/views

So, find or make a videos that interests many - tag, watermark - keywords - title = views .. the goal being hits on your product site

Just an opinion of something that works for me
    blackpaw

blackpaw, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  19. marketingandstuff

marketingandstuff Banned

Best Answers:
    many people on the BST forum offer services, but I dunno how to get the views

marketingandstuff, Feb 7, 2009 IP
  20. blackpaw

blackpaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Well there are, to me, 2 ways of getting views 1000's of automated fake views without comments or ratings. Which I don't think helps much or the slower but steadier method of real views from real viewers.

Maybe not as many views per day or hour but a steady increase that makes it appear as though your video is of interest to many.. there are services that provide this also, sometimes only 100 to 500 views a day but quality useful views.

In my mind how could a video get 200 to 300k views without a single comment or rating, this looks rather strange to youtube, I think, and besides how many 'fake' views will buy your product or click over to your site. After a while you don't which is real or if anybody is actually looking at your videos.

Maybe just a grunt opinion but experienced with youtube
    Thanks for your time
    blackpaw

blackpaw, Feb 7, 2009 IP