1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube Channel, got viewers..but no product conversion

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BDDazza, Mar 17, 2015.

A few months ago started a YouTube channel on the topic of eBay as a way to give support to beginner eBay sellers and help them establish a proper eBay business. The channel has begun to get some mild momentum. Last month 1,500 views, and 3,900 minutes of video and is growing steadily.

Now here is the dilemma. On the front end of the YouTube Channel I'm selling a E-book course I wrote but it seems hardly anyone is clicking the link. I have a call to action in the video where I tell the viewers to click the link. They obviously are getting value out of the education video since they leave the odd comment and subscribe. In some videos I have a visual call to action via annotations too. Why is my link not being clicked!

Any YouTube experts can point me in the right direction.

BDDazza, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  2. Angela West

Angela West Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.I used to do alot of youtube marketing until i moved on to other things.Can you share what your link is.Is it a free link or a paid link or are you just using a url shortner?These factors are very very important.So please explain what you link is.Also how is your video?Its it long?Does it grab the attention of the viewer?Is the audio attention grabbing or is it a text to speech software?

Angela West, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  3. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    can you show us the link of your video? Angela said it all.
    if the product can make demands I don't see any reason why you cant make a sale. this will depend on how helpful the items you are selling.

TB Ann, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  4. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I’m only a Youtube ‘user’, not a ‘creator’ but i rarely check the description of a Youtube video, and seeing lots of YT traffic is seen on mobile devices your annotations might not even show up.

It’s hard to tell without seeing you video and your approach, but do you tell your viewers they can ‘buy’ a course of do you tell them to click the link? (Don’t tell them there’s money involved in your video ;)) Can’t you give the incentive to make them click the link for a free sample of your course and then sell the rest through more traditional ways of IM like an email list?

carot, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  5. koolphoto

koolphoto Active Member

Best Answers:
    To me it is simple. Either your video in general, the script or copy are not compelling enough to get them interested in clicking and checking out your product.

koolphoto, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  6. moneyleadstodeath

moneyleadstodeath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would say the wavering popularity of Ebay doesn't help much. A lot of people have jumped ship over to Amazon! Have you considered combining your material into a Kindle book and try selling it on there? Just a thought.

moneyleadstodeath, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  7. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you say you uploaded 3,900 worth on video minutes in one month? You either have really long video or spam videos. could be the problem... creating quality videos that stand out from the rest is key.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 6, 2015 IP
  8. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    I see no reason too why they wouldn't click provided the videos you uploaded. There might be something wrong with your link or your using a unpopular link that pops up ads and extensions dangerous to your browsing. Try testing your link that might help.

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP