1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube and copyright, some help please

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Coldfaun, Jun 15, 2014.

I've made a youtube channel a few months ago, uploaded some videos, they were footage from a video game called World of Warcraft. There was no music besides the one from the game. It was just my commentary and the game itself.

Finally, I've linked my adsense account to this youtube channel and enabled the monetization.

After a day or two, the monetization was disabled claiming some copyright issues and that If I continue to upload videos that are not fine, legal, they might close my account.

So I just quit using it because I don't want my adsense account to get banned.

Anyway, can you guys explain me what I did wrong or how other gaming youtube channels are working?

Coldfaun, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you have World of Warcraft's permission? ... you can not monetize YT vids with their content unless you have permission.

Agent000, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  3. Coldfaun

Coldfaun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need to ask them for a permission, individually.

Blizzard Entertainment strongly supports the efforts of its community members who produce community videos (referred to hereafter as a "Production") using video images, footage, music, sounds, speech, or other assets from Blizzard's copyrighted products ("Blizzard Content"), subject to a few conditions. Note, however, that Blizzard Content does not include trailers or advertisements promoting Blizzard games or services that are not incorporated into a Blizzard game.

As a community content creator, you are permitted to create video productions using Blizzard's Content, and to distribute them freely on your website, or on other websites where viewers can freely view your Production.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/videopolicy.html

What I was wondering if other users from around here have faced this issue and how they have dealed with it.

Coldfaun, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you do. You missed this bit in that policy:
    ...you need their permission if you want to monetize it! ie use it for commercial purposes!

Agent000, Jun 15, 2014 IP