1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youre advice on starting a web-magazine-directory.

Discussion in 'Directories' started by sandbuck, Oct 27, 2013.

Hi
    I was thinking about starting a web magazine-directory.
    I have 2 very good domains.
    Attorneylistings.com
    yogatraining.com
    and another very good music domain.
    I have an edirectory.com software script that I bought second hand.
    I wanted to get any information on Directories.
    I cant find any books on the subject or internet info.
    (i have read some info. on this website but I did not get a clear understanding on what needs to be done.)
    Thanks
    Bob

sandbuck, Oct 27, 2013 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will have to build your directories nice so people will actually want to have a listing in them.

A good question would be - Why does someone want a listing in your directory ?

averyz, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Think about the information you would want to know before picking up a phone to call a lawyer or join a yoga studio. Obviously you don't want to build a complete site for each submission. But, creating a directory that offers more than just a sentence or two about each business is far more likely to garner interest of both submitters and non-submitters.

By the way, there's tons of great information buried in these forums. Check out the stickies and go about 2-3 years in the history. Also check out http://info.vilesilencer.com/forum/

Good luck.

YMC, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. Philip Prasanna G

Philip Prasanna G Member

Best Answers:
    You need to make sure that the directory gains reputation or in other words you need to get traffic. Need to accept the fact that building directories is pretty easy when compared with running and widening its presence. Its always better to start from the niche, identify single sector and a known domain of yours where you have ample number of known contacts. Invite them to add their listings and gain momentum from known to unknown, Niche to larger market.

Grow wider and GROW WILD :) all the best

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    Philip Prasanna G, Nov 1, 2013 IP