1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your writing speed!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DomainMagnate, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Jenn and others who echoed the same viewpoint are correct. It's incredibly difficult to estimate how long it will take a writer to produce an article. If I am familiar with the subject matter and it's in my area of expertise, those articles will take less time than an article that will require extensive amounts of research, fact checking, etc.

DeniseJ, Oct 12, 2008 IP
    DomainMagnate and metros like this.
  2. Online Writer

Online Writer Peon

Best Answers:
    I typically write 5 well researched 500 word articles in 2 hours. I'm lucky though as I have an extremely good memory.

I make $20 per article right now but have only been averaging $200 a week as I'm a lazy bastard and sick to death of this particular topic. I spend maybe 3 hours a day typing and only every other day. I have 4 kids and a wife though plus a morning shift job just to get me away from them lol.

Online Writer, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  3. article.rewriters

article.rewriters Banned

Best Answers:
    I would say 8 articles if I'm alone working...If my gf is around, probably 1..LOL:D

article.rewriters, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  4. richmcl

richmcl Peon

Best Answers:
    I write on subjects I know. Sometimes i do consulting calls and then write an article on the topic I just spoke about. After a call I can spit out 10 articles - 800+ words each - in a couple hours.

Give me a subject I don't know, that means research. Research can take hours, do you include that in the article writing time?

richmcl, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  5. Whitley Journalism

Whitley Journalism Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it totally depends on the purpose and topic of the article. If I am knowledgeable in a topic, I can write extremely quickly - but if something is quite new to me it will take a little longer. Generally speaking, I can write the 400-500 words you mentioned in around 20 minutes.

Hope this helps in some weird way... :)

Whitley Journalism, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  6. CarlBlogger

CarlBlogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I'm motivated I can push out around a 300-400 word article in about 5-8 minutes.

That's continuous writing on a subject I am very knowledgeable about. If I do not know much about it then I will struggle to keep my writing up and the time will get longer.

CarlBlogger, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  7. le1la

le1la Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of factors that affect one's speed when writing articles. Knowledge on the topic is a top consideration since you won't need to research as much compared to when you don't have any idea about the subject at hand. Motivation and focus also play important roles. Some people might think that it's fairly easy to churn out well-researched and decent articles in just an hour, but writers do need time to think...and breathe. ;)

le1la, Oct 15, 2008 IP
  8. waynekey1

waynekey1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really have to agree, it depends so much on the context. If you want an article on the financial market meltdown will affect the Real Estate Market I can do that very fast. A couple an hour. But then I know that market inside out and am current on it. Ask me to do a magazine quality 1000 word article on a subject I dont know and it may take days.

waynekey1, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  9. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    My writing speed is about 3 hours for a 400 words article, but it may vaies depends on the topic of my article.

fr@nc!z, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  10. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once research is done. Around 15 min to write a 400 word article. Around 10 - 20 min to the research.

TheRazor5, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  11. DesiConnect123

DesiConnect123 Banned

Best Answers:
    I usually could write 500 words in 50mins

DesiConnect123, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  12. screationz

screationz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for 400-500 word article about 30 minutes if in my comfort subjects/topics. If not, anywhere from 1 to 3 hrs.

screationz, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  13. cd928

cd928 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the following conditions are true: 1. I am well-versed on the subject, 2. I have all the materials that I need, 3. I'll use informal language

Then I think I'll be able to write an article for each hour. The process only includes coming up with the outline.

But then again, there are other factors such as editing, having lunch or dinner, resting my eyes and occasional trips to the bathroom. :D

cd928, Oct 20, 2008 IP
  14. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't base on time... sometimes quality just flows, and sometimes you need to research... if i'm writing detailed articles, i'll plan them, and then proof read twice... and that adds to the time... i mean i'm a fast writer, but human error exists and sometimes computers get it wrong... it varies with dedication

Grit., Oct 20, 2008 IP
  15. D-Dark

D-Dark Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with every other... it depends on the niche which is every writer is familiar about... having 1 article in 30 minutes is just fine. 1 - 2 articles per hour. for me i can write articles which i familiar about the topic for 30 minutes for 300 words.

D-Dark, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  16. pccyber

pccyber Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you can used voice to text record and get some article easy then write...

pccyber, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  17. rambabu

rambabu Peon

Best Answers:
    i can write nearly 20 articles in 10 hours time

rambabu, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  18. harhis23

harhis23 Banned

Best Answers:
    10 hours....i can barely finish three articles...it depends on the topic, really.

harhis23, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  19. Radamel

Radamel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    English is not my own language and I can't write good articles at all.
    So my speed is not important.
    However,in my own language Turkish,I can easily write 500 words articles with 20 minutes if I know the concept much.

Radamel, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  20. nasph

nasph Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm probably at 90 - 100 words per minute. It all depends on whether I know the topic and if I'm interested in it.

If I am then I am usually a little faster and will continue writing until it is done - put it aside for at least a couple of hours and then clean it up. So, if I was going to write say 10 articles I'd bulldoze through 5 of them with a large cup of coffee - have a break - and then get back on the rest. I'd probably take a morning on this though, from 8 - 12 ish. And then review later that day or the following morning.

The more you write, the quicker you will be.

nasph, Nov 5, 2008 IP