1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your WiFi security?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stroh, Jul 15, 2009.

Since there's like 5 differnt things (that I know of) for security, which one do you use and why? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure of which one would do the best on WiFi N draft (if any works on it)

Stroh, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  2. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    I use Mac address filtering. This is to assure that only a known computers that are allowed to connect to my wireless router.

Beside WEP, WPA and MAC filtering, what is the other 2?

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  3. Stroh

Stroh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WPA has two sub-categories TKIP or the other one (forget the name) and most routers have Enterprise or Personal whatever the difference is I'm not quite sure.

Stroh, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  4. clark007e

clark007e Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont have any on mine but thats because i have unlimited cap and also because i cba

clark007e, Jul 16, 2009 IP
  5. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I live in the country, and use WPA with a really simple password. I can see anyone within WiFi range, and I'm the tech support guy for my neighbours... so I'm pretty safe.

If someone needs WiFi access up here, and they can break my password, then they deserve to get online :D

When I lived in the city, I used WPA (with a decent password) and a MAC allow list.

Kerosene, Jul 16, 2009 IP