1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Take on video hosting

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Artistic, Jan 15, 2008.

I am looking for some advice on whats the take of experienced members here on using offsite videos embedded into pages.

I am planning to offer addition of youtube, dailymotion etc videos to our members in a new area on one of my site where they can choose and add videos they like via a form on my site and then all such videos are aggregated and shown on our site.

Now the major trouble is that most videos especially the music videos, sports related etc are copyright works(and i expect most people will add them to my site also as they are in high demand and searched for). Would this pose me a problem. The videos as such are not hosted on my server but with youtube and they can very well delete them if they want.

On a related topic, is linking to download the videos allowed? I found many websites doing it for a long time where they link to downloads on rapidshare(eg like this). Is this something that google frowns on?

Artistic, Jan 15, 2008 IP