1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your opinion about namecheap hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by casan, Jan 8, 2016.

Hi there,

I've been searching for alternatives to the crappy service of hostgator, and (trying to avoid any web host owned by EIG) have found namecheap to be a good alternative.

However I have not found many opinions about their customer support, is it fast and good quality?

casan, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  2. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can look for reviews of a certain hosting provider. One of the most popular reviewers of hosting providers is trustpilot.com. You can look for almost any company you want to look for reviews in there.

Benpick, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    100% better then EIG and Godaddy. They provide great support.

Zoti Media Group, Jan 9, 2016 IP
  4. austenite

austenite Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have good experiences with Namecheap, I use them exclusively for all of my domains and used to use them for Reseller and shared hosting with good results. Good uptime, speed was okay and support were top notch. I only left because I'm UK based and wanted a UK based company. I'd recommend giving them a go, I think they offer a money back refund policy so it can't hurt to try! :)

austenite, Jan 16, 2016 IP
  5. Richard_1979

Richard_1979 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use Namecheap for web hosting, make sure you host your domains elsewhere. Namecheap is a reputable company, but if you ever run into trouble with your account (fraud, copyright infringement, etc.) you could potentially lose access to your domain names.

Richard_1979, Jan 17, 2016 IP
  6. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I have not used them for web hosting but I have used them for domains. Support seemed good the few times I did call them. I would do like Richard_1979 said and put your domain names somewhere else.

CenTex Hosting, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  7. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Previously I'd been using NC, the support team is helpful.
    But due to their pricing, I'd move other host.

mentos, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  8. Kickassd

Kickassd Peon

Best Answers:
    Namecheap I love for Domains. I have tried their shared hosting in the past (twice) but I had performance issues and small downtimes. The support was fast and nice but in the end the issues I was having never were resolved and so I stopped using their shared hosting.

Kickassd, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  9. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im quite sure namecheap support is decent. Been with them years now and canot complain.
    They also support internet frontier foundation which works for internet freedom https://www.eff.org/

postcd, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  10. rackend

rackend Member

Best Answers:
    They have quite nice reputation among webmasters over the web, but still you should visit some more sources like review websites to know more about their reliability

rackend, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  11. LittleCreek

LittleCreek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What I didn't like about Namecheap is that don't have a support phone number even for an emergency situation. I lost a domain because of a compromised account and live chat could only do so much and they would not give me a phone number to call. I had to submit a ticket to Risk Management and 24 hours they got back to me, way too late to prevent my domain from being transferred away. I liked them up until that point. When I really needed them they failed me. If they ever allow phone support I will switch back to them.

LittleCreek, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  12. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I fully understand why you decided to move from HostGator. I also have very bad experience with them.
    I have heard rather good testimonials about Namecheap. But of course it's reasonable to check on some platforms like trustpilot.com.
    As for me I decided to become a partner of Unihost company and they provided me with free web hosting. I decided to try it (why not if it's free) and they give free domain too. I'm using it for 5 month so far and I've never faced any problems. Maybe you should consider this option too.

HelenVendo, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  13. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest they are perfect as a domain provider but overpriced for the hosting they offer, I can get a decent managed vps for the same price.

wissam, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  14. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please bear with this newbie as I try to explain my very limited experience with Namecheap as best I can.

Presently I have with them a private email account, plus two cloaked links directed to a YouTube video ads. I also have a domain name registered with them for the purpose of upgrading my Weebly website any time now. I have been dealing with them for a little over a year now and have absolutely no experience with any other hosting company. During that time I have had three minor issues (because of my lack of understanding of things that are technical) that they had to work out for me. I have never experienced any down periods with them, and their support is excellent.

Any issue arise that you need help with, all you have to do is contact live support and they deal with you with much patience, politeness and respect and most of all, they fix the problem promptly.

Another thing I need to point out. They inform you way in advance when your domain is about to expire – a little over a month.

Proaffili, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  15. C-Downloads

C-Downloads Member

Best Answers:
    In My Opinion They are much better than other websites to buy shared hosting or just domain names.
    I have bought many domains from them including ilistenit.com and adviceness.com.
    Their support is very best.
    I came across some issues when i bought domains but they solved every issues relating to domains purchase.
    I think you should go for it.

C-Downloads, Jul 10, 2017 IP
  16. Meina

Meina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with Austenite. Their customer support is really top notch. I've contacted their live chat support a couple of times and they were quick to solve any questions I had.

Meina, Jul 11, 2017 IP