1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Myspace strategy

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pilar, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Many people use Myspace for marketing purposes. Also many people don't use the marketing channel well. I've seen lots of accounts deleted, I think a majority of them use fake accounts and add something like adder robot every day and keep on spamming with pm's. Well that's not a correct way to market your product/site or whatever. I know it's old news, but I was wondering which strategy you use to market your product/site with help of Myspace. Do you target your audience or just add friends and bomb them with bulletins and pm's?

Well to be honest i am new to Myspace marketing and don't know how to start with software like adder robot. I know i have to specify my audience but what's next? How do I get the target audience?

Looking forward to the die-hard Myspace marketers replies!

pilar, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  2. CaptainB

CaptainB Peon

Best Answers:
    The first thing to do is create a decent profile that won't take forever to load. You've got to put the information you want to deliver in the very beginning of your profile and any bulletins or messages you send out, people browse very quickly on MySpace, especially if they don't know you so you've got to give them the information very quickly.

I target the people I add, and I never add someone with less than 100 friends mostly because if someone has less than 100 friends there's a good chance they only want there actual friends on their profile so I'm not going to bother them.

Send bulletins out sparingly, never send a bunch in a day or everyone's just going to delete you.

Don't send a simple two sentence promo message to someone like: "hey check this site out, you can learn about making money online. lol" They'll spot it, they'll know, they might report you. Personalize your message somehow, say something about their profile or blog, explain why you think they'll like the site you're sending them.

The keys are:
    deliver your message fast (very fast)
    target and personalize your message

that's my approach anyway.

CaptainB, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  3. Blanket

Blanket Peon

Best Answers:
    target your friends. and pick an industry that is a niche.

Blanket, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  4. Missie 81

Missie 81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Find something that you're interested in and then target friends to suit that niche. Make sure that your profile page looks decent, spend a bit of time doing it up, there are loads of free resources.

When getting friends add a comment with the friend request, this is more personal.

Keep your blog updated with interesting information, you can then send out bulletins to your friends stating you have a new blog message.

Comment regularly on your friends site, this will get them known to you and make them more likely to read your bulletin.

Start your own group, you have more control that way.

Hope these help.

Missie 81, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  5. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *target the correct demographic to your product, dont just add randoms,
    *update your profile, keep it very active,
    *talk to the people on your profile,
    *keep messages/bulletins personal and not spammey,

Connections, Nov 7, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.