1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your listing has been removed copyright violation

Discussion in 'eBay' started by Coopzie, Jul 4, 2010.

Keeps happening a lot to me this recently, I was selling Microsoft Office in the retail box yet they feel its against their policy, yet I see thousands of people doing the same thing, anyway I had 4 of similar listings open and 1 of them was closed, so I decided to end all the others and the next day they said Copy right violation... for the rest and that they have been closed, even tho I closed them myself.....???

I dont get why people get away with selling on ebay when they are clearly violating some kind of policy or terms, such as digital media, heres an example;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230494074674

Ebay dont allow items to be sent virtually, I reported this just to see if within a day like mine were, if it would be removed and no it has not....

When I opened mine they were removed in 8 hours...

Coopzie, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because other people can "get away with it" doesn't make it right.

So why not figure out what the trigger is and fix it instead of worrying why they can get away with it and you can't.

Doesn't that make more sense? or do you want someone to pat you on the back and say Those Bastards (Southpark Style).

internetmarketingiq, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  3. mo0ndoggy

mo0ndoggy Member

Best Answers:
    I got my auction removed for copyright. They told me that if others sell to, it doesnt mean its right to do it, and they can't catch all of us at once but they will remove them too

mo0ndoggy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  4. flashmoney

flashmoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't list Trade Mark items

flashmoney, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  5. indeedbuy

indeedbuy Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to get certificate from right owner

indeedbuy, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  6. screwebay

screwebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    indeedbuy is right, sadly too you can go crazy with saying the products are YOURS too. eBay just wants to avoid lawsuits...Chanel/LV anyone?

screwebay, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  7. revskank

revskank Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft items are not allowed to be sold in bulk on ebay unless you posess a reseller certificate. most, if not all of the bulk sellers get thier auctions pulled and have the paypal limited. i am telling you this from experience as i have large amounts of money being held by paypal on 180 day holds due to selling these items.

revskank, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  8. stardik

stardik Member

Best Answers:
    what are trade mark items ?? i don't know about it ... can you listing it ??

stardik, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  9. revskank

revskank Member

Best Answers:
    by trade mark items they mean that the company has a registered trademark like microsoft or apple,etc.
    most companies have employees that monitor sales on ebay to make sure that only thier registered resellers are hosting sales.
    if you are not one of thier authorized sellers they will complain to ebay and your auctions will be removed!

revskank, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  10. screwebay

screwebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Trademark items are HARD to sell...I do it but I have around 15-20 accounts...anyways, just PM and I'll give more info to anyone who wants to know. HECK! I should make an ebook on how to do it...

screwebay, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  11. jmbinfo

jmbinfo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain. This happens alot. I can see both sides though. They really have to protect their quality.

jmbinfo, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  12. cyruski

cyruski Peon

Best Answers:
    I ma not suprised when it comes to microsoft

cyruski, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  13. Blake Stewart

Blake Stewart Member

Best Answers:
    ebay can't check all listings, they don't have enough people to do so. they will close any auction they see that looks suspicious. If you have a newer account or a low feedback rating, or a history of violations, they will focus more on your account than a old time member in good standing.

Blake Stewart, Apr 29, 2011 IP