1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Google Sandox Experience?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by yannay, Nov 10, 2009.

1. candrison009

candrison009 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Sophie but in addition its Caffeine now, making search results live. Sandbox gone old.

candrison009, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. Joe Hansens

Joe Hansens Guest

Best Answers:
    it made me cry

Joe Hansens, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  3. CODmagnate

CODmagnate Member

Best Answers:
    sandboxing doesnt really exist. Look it up on google there is a good article about what "sandboxing" really is

CODmagnate, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  4. Blaugrana1

Blaugrana1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was in a sandbox for month or two. It's a normal thing for new websites. Cut back on SEO a bit while in and be patient.

Blaugrana1, Jul 10, 2010 IP
  5. Zaharah

Zaharah Peon

Best Answers:
    I wondered what happened to my site. When I first put it up it was number8. Now I can't find it. So I guess it was sand boxed.
    zaharah

Zaharah, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  6. dinnyhead

dinnyhead Peon

Best Answers:
    I have around 50 websites and all of them were sandboxed all at once. most of these sites were generating a bit of money through adsense, although had useful information on each. some were sites that have nothing to do with adsense, and are updated weekly with good, fresh content. all sites have been down for around 2 months with no sign of getting any better. now i make approximately 0.00 in revenue each day. as you can imagine, i am very pleased with this!!

dinnyhead, Jul 14, 2010 IP
  7. Alexandros1

Alexandros1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its google efforts to hault spammer website hostings to gain sudden success, but as per my experience the web website hostings those getting a huge amount of links and coverage from trusted website hostings like BBC News, washington posts, telegraph or .gov website hostings does not stay longer in sandbox, even interestingly .org and .edu website hostings does not have that much waiting periods compare to other website hostings.

Alexandros1, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  8. revitol

revitol Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, me too. Just got sandboxed two days ago :(
    Was on the first page in 7th place, and boom - now I'm on 312

revitol, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  9. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, me too. On page 1, #4 then pushed back to #57. Ugh

bigcat1969, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  10. PdrsRob

PdrsRob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just ended up putting one of my sites in, big time pain in the ass. Built too many links too fast (got into the profile linking and hit it with about 100 in a day) I had some page 1 rankings and now its gone, nowhere to be found :( Was just starting to see a little revenue from it too, hopefully it won't be too long.

PdrsRob, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  11. holyrhapsody

holyrhapsody Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to share my experience..

I've been getting hit lately by google. One of my sites, a year old was taken off the front page for two weeks, it came back for a day, then removed again a couple days later. It's been doing that fora few weeks now.

Another two sites of mine, one a few months old and another just under a month old have been removed from search pages for a few days, then returned for one evening then get knocked off again for a few days. The thing is, i build about 1 to two links a day for them, some are paid, some are articles, blog comments, profile pages, ect.

I don't understand what i should do at this point, only my well-established sites are holding position, over 2 years old.

holyrhapsody, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. Joe Hansens

Joe Hansens Guest

Best Answers:
    its not fun, and lasts for over a month generally, however, when you do bounce back, it's usually stronger than before!

Joe Hansens, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  13. greenoro0

greenoro0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My website is indexed in sand box

greenoro0, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  14. harshit_singhal

harshit_singhal Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I dont believe that google sandbox exists. My blog started getting organic traffic just 2 days after it was launched. Although I still dont rank high for top keywords, traffic is certainly pouring in. All my pages are well seo optimized & bring in hundreds of visitors a day ( my blog is 1.5 monhs old ) and I dont even have enough backlinks. 43 or so may be !

harshit_singhal, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. StonePilot

StonePilot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, very difficult subject with so many viewpoints and really no facts presented from a lot of people.

I have a website that is 12 months old and is ranked in the top 5 on Yahoo and Bing for dozens of highly-sought after keywords. There are ZERO top 50 rankings in Google for these same keywords. I have done light link-building, good content development, slow and steady ramping-up, $$thousands of Google Adwords spend and nothing yet. The competition is so strong for my keywords that I assume it will be a full year in the sandbox (10 months right now) or longer before I see the light at the end of the tunnel.

WHY THE GOOGLE SANDBOX?
    1) Anti-Spam & Anti-Bully Website Tool. Google can control new websites that are started by SEO experts who just happen to create junk sites that don't really offer much to the end user. Google can also control huge websites that want to spin-off and start something new, just by creating links from their existing websites. They're trying to make certain that they themselves stay relevant as Facebook is presenting the universe with a new way to comsume online content.

2) Google Adwords. I know that I'm spending upwards of $5,000 per month to deliver website traffic to a set of sites created last year. I would either drop this down or eliminate it depending on how well I do organically. Google can NOT lose this money, they depend on it so they had to create the "SANDBOX" (they call it something else internally - I'll ask my Google contacts to see if they'll spill the beans) just to keep their empire going.

RANKING WITH GOOGLE IS LIKE FOOTBALL
    The owner "owns" the team, but he needs players, spectators, vendors, buyers, etc. The players "work" for the owner, but they are really free agents, that they look after their own interests, while playing the game. They need to perform, and they more they can, the more publicity they get and the higher their value rises. Even players that aren't all that great on the field, but can get a lot of attention off the field, are worth something to the owner.

Google "owns" the search game, but they need website content, visitors, strategic alliances, etc. The websites "work" for Google, but they are reallty free agents in that they look after their own interests, while playing the game. They need to have good content, good links, and they more they can, the most visitors they get and the higher their PR rises. Even websites that are boring or niche site in general, but can get a lot of pageviews, visitors and links, are worth something to Google.

StonePilot, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  16. Dextersnu644

Dextersnu644 Guest

Best Answers:
    My experience tells me that if I carry out link building in the right way, I can appear on page one for moderately competitive keywords in week 3-4. As soon as I start a website, my practices enable me to get it indexed within the next 5-6 hours. And typically in the first week, I am somewhere on pages 5-6 of the search results.

Dextersnu644, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  17. harshit_singhal

harshit_singhal Peon

Best Answers:
    I had posted a message that the google sandbox doesn't exist. Now I can surely say it does. My blog which is now 3 months old and was getting 200 organic visits a day has been sandboxed a couple of days before and immediately the search traffic dropped to one or two visits a day. I hope to get out of it soon !!

harshit_singhal, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  18. M&A_Advisory

M&A_Advisory Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting... I guess I've been lucky - all sites I've published so far get indexed within 24 hours.

M&A_Advisory, Sep 4, 2010 IP
  19. pmaro

pmaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that wordpress blogs get out of the sanbox must faster than other sites. Did anyone get the same experience?

pmaro, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  20. herisetiyawan

herisetiyawan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My blog(at signature with anchor "bisnis online") experience google sandbox so many times..ALmost once in 3 months ..I don't know why..Google sandbox is "big mystery" for me..I've already 1 years learn SEO but i couldn't do anything to get out from sandbox fast..

herisetiyawan, Sep 14, 2010 IP