1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Fired!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Aug 22, 2004.

?

Will you give Anthony a job?

1. Anthony, I got a job (with the required pay) for you!

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Dude, you must be nuts, do you have any talent?

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. I would but I just don't like you man.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Anthony, YOUR FIRED.....

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
    Well the economy is at a stand still, wages are down, business is slow, a barrel of oil is at record highs (did it hit 50 bucks a barrel the other day?) and we have an election coming up that could change things for the better.

But I really just wanted to find out if anyone here wants to hire me, I need a job real bad, will work cheap, just give me a penthouse, heating and air conditioning, a broadband connection and enough food and drink (J & B scotch would be fine and some Samuel Adams beer).

Any offers out there for a CT writer, please vote on the poll above, let me know if you can help me out, OR?

anthonycea, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    I hear conspiracyplanet.com is hiring. ;-) Seriously, dude, I wish you luck. Been there.

dazzlindonna, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I will give em a ring Daz, thanks for the tip :rolleyes:

4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AC, were you fired? If yes, what for? Any employer would like to know what potential baggage you bring. Also, what is your skill set?

NewComputer, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Other than being a 45 year old bag of ________, I don't have no baggage boss (I mean "The Donald"), I see you were the one who fired me NC. :)

Well that is better than the others who said they did not like me, as I have said many times, you are my only friend here at DP, NC just don't tell anyone, I would not want them to blackball you. :eek:

As far as skill sets are concerned, I am a glass recycling expert, have about 35 years in at converting empty beer bottles into raw material for inclusion in asphalt manufacturing and for use in other products. :cool:

6. wolfpack

wolfpack Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to have a boss who liked to joke that my next quarterly review was going to be:

"Performs satisfactorily when given explicit instructions and plenty of supervision."

wolfpack, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I can do that too Wolf :D

8. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only chose you are fired because it was empty...

NewComputer, Aug 22, 2004 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot NC, not enough money for the Penthouse and the Broadband connection?

Send me a bottle of J&B Scotch if thats all you can handle, its cheap in Canada :D

Yeah, I been fired from a few jobs in my day, mostly been self employed all my life but business has slowed to a crawl with the economy in the last 4 years that I damm well need to get a job, I am going to get off of my Arse and find one. :)

10. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Man, If I could I'd give you a job...

I think you're a funny guy and you've obviously got an aptitude for research.

I guess you biggest problem, is your incesant desire to piss people off. I guess once poeple get used to that, you'd be a pretty good employee.

SEbasic, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea man, but it ain't all me, when things get tight in the economy, what goes around, comes around. Things are just bad in business today, I sell to other businesses, they ain't buying as many advertising products as in past times.

That is what I have sold for 20 some years, so life changes. I just want to get some income until things turn around, don't know when "things" are going to turn around.

Maybe we get a new President in the USA, then things change a bit for the better, right now it seems that every penny goes just to buy gas and pay the overhead.

BullShit if you ask me......

anthonycea, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  12. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain. I was doing the 'self employed' thing until I got hired here and it was none too soon. Things were extremely tight and precarious. I consider myself incredibly fortunate to be where I am now considering how great this company is to be with and I'm still making a very good salary.

mopacfan, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  13. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what it is like in the US at the moment - Is it really that hard to get along?

SEbasic, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    SE, you have not heard of the recession since 2000?

We are going to go into depression not recession the way things are going.

The government is running a record 500 Billion dollar budget deficit, our largest companies are investing in China. We are running record trade deficits with China for years.

We have busted most every union in the country, we are exporting jobs, we are importing workers from Mexico to fill low wage jobs.

The standard of living is dropping for the average American fast. We have record oil prices.

That is the good news, we also have an ongoing war to deal with that is not ending. Will you send more troops in from the UK? We need help.......

15. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah the self-employed gig is only so-so. I learned a lot doing it, but a stable job isn't bad. The economy is getting rough here in the US. Unemployment is likely to get worse in the future. If Kerry gets into office, those with jobs will really start to hate it to.

Joel Naten, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  16. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Those in the UK - don't let the nay sayers make you think it is all bad. Sure some things are tough around here and yes we are way out of balance with china - anyone hear of WALMART???? We need to charge some hefty fees on chinese imports and bring back the jobs.

Funny when someone really wants a job they can get one, not always the one you want, but if you have a family, sometimes McD's is better than nothing.

I do feel for you Anthony, it sucks when jobs aren't happening in your field of expertise. Get some marketing education and really make you business move. I am learning to spend more money on good advertising to get things moving.

debunked, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Why do you say that Joel, do you think Kerry will take more out of their checks?

He wants to cut the tax breaks Bush gave to his rich supporters, do you think we should give the VP another 4 years to rip everyone off?

Do you think if is fair when folks can not even drive to work without going broke because fuel is so high.

Will another 4 years of this help any of us? Do you want to pay $ 5.00 for a gallon of gas?

Debunked, you can talk about Advertising, I wish folks would spend more to advertise since that is the business I am in.

But I can tell you that after the dot-com bust and the recession of 2000 started, the advertising business suffered its worst times since the Great Depression (1929).

When companies cut spending, advertising is one of the first things to be cut.

Online advertising is just starting to come back in the last year or so from the bust of 2000.

Look at what happened to AOL since 2000, pull a annual report or a stock chart, that will tell the story.

18. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    I am sorry, but who is Anthony?

Sorvoja, Aug 23, 2004 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    He is a guy that needs mental help, you can donate by PayPal or use Shawn's Western Union website to send him money for Doctors Bills (Head Shrink) :D

20. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    We already pay that in the UK...

It's funny, because over here people seem to be spending more and more.

I believe that the UK debt is currently standing a £1 Trillion.

People are being inticed into getting more and more credit.

This doesn't sound as bad as it is over in the US, but in the long run, the UK is going to be in real trouble.

RE sending more troops...

I've got to say, that there are so many people over here that were against the war in the first place, I would be amazed if Blaire decided to send more troops out there.

Blair has had a lot of trouble recently regarding the way he kissed Bush's arse. I doubt he'll be here for long.

SEbasic, Aug 24, 2004 IP